NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

United Announce Accounts

Newcastle United Football Company Limited has today announced its financial figures for the year end June 2012.

After making significant strides towards meeting and exceeding UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations last season, the Club has recorded an overall profit for the second successive year.

While last year's figures, which included an overall profit of £32.6m, were significantly boosted by the £35m sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool, this year's figures give a clearer indication of the Club's positive performance overall with profit after player amortisation standing at £1.4m.

The Club has also re-entered the list of the world's top 20 revenue-generating clubs after increasing turnover to £93.3m - representing a 5.4% increase on last year.

Turnover has been boosted by last season's strong performance on the field, with a fifth-place finish in the Barclays Premier League swelling TV income by 14.6%. That figure is set to continue rising next year courtesy of improved broadcast agreements.

While the average attendance at St. James' Park has risen to 49,936 - an increase of 2,190 on last year, ticket revenue has fallen by 7% after the club froze season ticket prices with its ten and nine-year season ticket deal and continued its commitment to making football affordable through a variety of ticketing initiatives.

As a result of these initiatives the Club saw a hugely significant increase in the number of season ticket holders and members. The number of season ticket holders reached its highest level since 2007.

Commercial revenue fell by 12.7%, though the latest figures do not include income from the Club's new partnership deal with Wonga. That partnership, which is effective from the 2013/14 season, represents a significant increase on the Club's previous commercial agreements.

While operating costs have remained steady at £21.6m, operating profit is down from £13.3m to £7.5m. A key factor is an increase in the Club's wage bill, which has risen by 20% to £64.1m following the signings of a number of key players, including Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon, Ba and Cisse. That puts the Club's wages-to-turnover at 68.7%, an increase of 8.1% on last year.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130327/united-announce-accounts_2281670_3123536

Key points:

-Overall profit for second successive year (£1.4m).

-Turnover increased by 5.4% (£93.3m).

-Wage bill increased by 20% (£64.1m)

-Wage bill/turnover ratio rose by 8.1% (68.7%).

Key points:

It's ok, not particularly great. Was hoping for a little better if im honest.

Wage bill should be interesting come the start of the new season. Debuchy, Haidara, Goof, Mbwia & Sissoko in, Xisco, Ranger, Simpson, Harper & Ba out. Wonder how much room that leaves us to bring in the players we need. Suppose you might as well add Colo to that list.

Key points:

Wage bill should be interesting come the start of the new season. Debuchy, Haidara, Goof, Mbwia & Sissoko in, Xisco, Ranger, Simpson, Harper & Ba out. Wonder how much room that leaves us to bring in the players we need. Suppose you might as well add Colo to that list.

What the fuck? We've made an overall profit. How is not "not particularly great"? :lol:

Think this time last year they were anticipating a "break even" scenario for these accounts, so to come out slightly up is good news really - although we did suffer on the pitch for it in the first part of the season :anguish:

When you consider the next accounts will include Europa League revenue, plus the fact we swapped Smith, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Best, Forster and Kadar for Anita, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Good in the summer they should make for interesting reading. Obviously Ba out and Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy, Gouffran and Haidara in from January may balance this somewhat...

Xisco and Ranger will probably be by-the-by given they'll have been bunged something to leave early.

Key points:

What the fuck? We've made an overall profit. How is not "not particularly great"? :lol:

With all the penny pinching of the Ashley regime I expected a little more. It's no wonder we didnt buy in the summer.

Think this time last year they were anticipating a "break even" scenario for these accounts, so to come out slightly up is good news really - although we did suffer on the pitch for it in the first part of the season :anguish:

When you consider the next accounts will include Europa League revenue, plus the fact we swapped Smith, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Best, Forster and Kadar for Anita, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Good in the summer they should make for interesting reading. Obviously Ba out and Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy, Gouffran and Haidara in from January may balance this somewhat...

Xisco and Ranger will probably be by-the-by given they'll have been bunged something to leave early.

Makes you wonder whether we're so active in January not only because of reduced prices/contract issues but also a means of planning for profit for the rest of the financial year to come. You get the players you want (eventually) and turn a profit.

I'm no finance man like so that may be guff.

Those new players will be offset by the TV money increase I'd have thought, whether there is any more left in the tank is probably the main question you'd want to know the answer too.

Guessing a small profit, break even or small losses are absolutely fine at the moment, hence the decision to buy those new players. What they don't want is continued losses that require subsidy from outside the club.

Also the new TV money will change the game for everyone presumably. That must be a big reason why we signed players - to protect our league position at all costs.

Key points:

With all the penny pinching of the Ashley regime I expected a little more. It's no wonder we didnt buy in the summer.

Please expand.

Not that I'm wanting a change of ownership, but I'd have thought with these figures any prospective buyer might sit up and take notice.  Good for the club anyway, just got to make sure we're still in the PL next season to cash in on this new tv revenue!

Key points:

Please expand.

What?

Guessing a small profit, break even or small losses are absolutely fine at the moment, hence the decision to buy those new players. What they don't want is continued losses that require subsidy from outside the club.

Also the new TV money will change the game for everyone presumably. That must be a big reason why we signed players - to protect our league position at all costs.

Clearly not all costs  :pardsgrin:

Makes you wonder whether we're so active in January not only because of reduced prices/contract issues but also a means of planning for profit for the rest of the financial year to come. You get the players you want (eventually) and turn a profit.

Those new players will be offset by the TV money increase I'd have thought, whether there is any more left in the tank is probably the main question you'd want to know the answer too.

I think it's pretty obvious why you were so active this January :lol:.

Key points:

Please expand.

What?

You just seem to have a greater knowledge of the cost cutting we've underwent and how much it should be saving us. I was hoping you could fill me in.

I think it's pretty obvious why you were so active this January :lol:.

Of course but it seems to be a trend though. Carroll aside; 3 of the last 4 January's we've done relatively high business.

Was just thinking aloud, I'm no finance guru.

Key points:

Please expand.

What?

You just seem to have a greater knowledge of the cost cutting we've underwent and how much it should be saving us. I was hoping you could fill me in.

I never said cost cutting, that implies were selling things, downgrading. But thanks for putting words in my mouth to try and start some bullshit argument. :)

Key points:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/11/4/1257335491028/Mike-Ashley-001.jpg