NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

Guest Roger Kint

See Ashley will be taking another £18m out before 30 June 2013  :hmm:

But that's money he's put in though to buy the club?

Take it you didnt read the previous pages?

Guest Roger Kint

Nope :lol:

Was expecting more to comment actually, no doubt people will discuss it when it mysteriously appears in next years accounts without warning :lol:

Swiss Ramble‏@SwissRamble

#NUFC 2012 TV revenue up £7m, mainly due to higher league position (5th vs 17th) and 2 more live televised matches.

It was 5th v 12th, not 17th so people can guess at the money we'll not get this season.

Yeah, though Europa money will level that out to a degree, and we could yet finish above 12th (hopefully :))

Europa operating costs could wipe this out.

Is there any evidence to suggest that operating costs for European matches would negate the extra income?

The club is clearly in a much better financial state than it was under Shepherd and also, better than most PL clubs.

Obviously, clubs, like people and businesses, have to live within their means but we will still need clever investment in order to progress. The CL is obviously the holy grail of obtaining a sizeable increase in income which is why the so-called 'Top 4' bust a gut every year in order to stay there, and why clubs like Liverpool and Spurs are trying to oust them...we will need to achieve CL football on a regular basis in order to greatly increase the income but that means heavy investment in the squad. We are not far away from having a side who can challenge for CL places, but there are some critical gaps and we also need, in my view, a better manager and coaching staff.

It will be interesting to see whether Ashley is prepared to go the extra mile to boost the club player/manager-wise - if , as is stated, he doesn't want the loan back, maybe he is - we shall see, but it is heartening to see that the owner has stabiilized the club financially and that we are in no financial danger...well done.

Guest Roger Kint

The club is clearly in a much better financial state than it was under Shepherd and also, better than most PL clubs.

Obviously, clubs, like people and businesses, have to live within their means but we will still need clever investment in order to progress. The CL is obviously the holy grail of obtaining a sizeable increase in income which is why the so-called 'Top 4' bust a gut every year in order to stay there, and why clubs like Liverpool and Spurs are trying to oust them...we will need to achieve CL football on a regular basis in order to greatly increase the income but that means heavy investment in the squad. We are not far away from having a side who can challenge for CL places, but there are some critical gaps and we also need, in my view, a better manager and coaching staff.

It will be interesting to see whether Ashley is prepared to go the extra mile to boost the club player/manager-wise - if , as is stated, he doesn't want the loan back, maybe he is - we shall see, but it is heartening to see that the owner has stabiilized the club financially and that we are in no financial danger...well done.

The bank overdraft was at £11.8m at July 2012, with Ashley taking out another £18m by June 2013 plus the January buys i cant see him going the extra mile any time soon tbh. Another summer of 'penny pinching' accusations coming up.

The bank overdraft was at £11.8m at July 2012, with Ashley taking out another £18m by June 2013 plus the January buys i cant see him going the extra mile any time soon tbh. Another summer of 'penny pinching' accusations coming up.

I don't understand this all very well, could you highlight the £18m by June bit. It's just all Greek to me unless someone spells it out!

Guest Roger Kint

I don't understand this all very well, could you highlight the £18m by June bit. It's just all Greek to me unless someone spells it out!

He had an original loan of £111m but added cash advances of £29m in 2009 &2010(taking it to £140m) which were payable within 36/48 months i think. In the current years accounts his loan was £129m showing the first repayment of £11m had been taken before 30 June 2012. The accounts include a note saying he will take the other £18m in the current year to 30 June 2013 taking his loan balance back to £111m. Guess we will find out in 12 months whether there are any plans to repay any of the original loan back or not which is something he has said he wouldnt do.

Guest Roger Kint

OK, thanks for this.

Is the worry then that if he does take back the £18m it will mean our transfer budget will be severely affected?

No it shouldnt have any effect really. Any transfer budget will be already agreed on and wouldnt come into effect until next years accounts(window opens on 1 July 2013)

In theory it could be a cashflow issue, without knowing the overdraft limit, when TV/PL money is paid etc means Ashley may have to put more money in short term to boost cash. We were owed £32m off various people as of June 2012 so much of this could have been paid to cover it as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh, ok.

Cheers for the help! I'm just not a logical thinker (probs obvious) so this sort of stuff is impossible for me.

No probs, no doubt someone will be along to correct everything i said mind :lol:

Oh, ok.

Cheers for the help! I'm just not a logical thinker (probs obvious) so this sort of stuff is impossible for me.

No probs, no doubt someone will be along to correct everything i said mind :lol:

:lol: does seem a fiercely debated subject! Odd that numbers can be so open to interpretation.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh, ok.

:lol: does seem a fiercely debated subject! Odd that numbers can be so open to interpretation.

Mainly comes from people only looking at highlights from the accounts i think. Someone on the previous page was complaining Ashley took money out even though it was freely available information in last years accounts :lol:

Oh, ok.

At least you're honest about it :thup:

Aye! Takes one to know one :lol:

#NUFC 2012 TV revenue up £7m, mainly due to higher league position (5th vs 17th) and 2 more live televised matches.

It was 5th v 12th, not 17th so people can guess at the money we'll not get this season.

Yeah, though Europa money will level that out to a degree, and we could yet finish above 12th (hopefully :))

Also, next season's TV deal is epic anyway. The only important thing is staying up really.

Also, next season's TV deal is epic anyway. The only important thing is staying up really.

That's exactly it. Going down would have been a complete nightmare for you because of the January investment, and subsequent wage bill increase. Sunderland have been making big losses for so long that you could argue Short will just have bankrolled them again.

• 10 months later...