Newcastle United vs. Fulham FC - 07/04/13 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Guest neesy111

Wearing a Newcastle shirt to the match for the first time in ages. I'm hoping it brings luck. :coolsmiley:

What happened to the 8am glass of Wine that used to bring us luck?

I've tried every lucky omen going over the years and still do.

Was spicy pizzas with mexicana cheese on last season, spaghetti this season, lucky socks, lucky boxers, lucky shirt, FFS in 1997 i had lucky Lamb Chops before every UEFA Cup game until we got beat off Monaco.

The Moral is IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

It's a chance to go above Stoke and Norwich and take some pressure off the derby. Fulham can play relaxed because they're basically safe and that means if we full on go for them, will they really be up for it? First goal I guess will be crucial but we've done alright at home recently.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wish I wasn't going :lol:

Wish granted. Ryan Taylor now barred from St. James' Park... wait...

Guest palnese

I'm feeling very calm. Not expecting anything from today, and a win would be a bonus.

This is probably how I'll feel for the remaining games as well.

James Perch is on 9 yellows for the season - is he risking a ban for a tenth, or has the deadline passed - does anyone know? 

I wonder whether he'd be better kept back on the bench today if so, in case we are short of options next week. 

James Perch is on 9 yellows for the season - is he risking a ban for a tenth, or has the deadline passed - does anyone know? 

I wonder whether he'd be better kept back on the bench today if so, in case we are short of options next week. 

Deadline passed on April 2nd, it's 15 now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This place is so negative.

I was encouraged by the display in Benfica and reckon we'll get the win we need today. 8 mojitos last night and no hangover, today will be a good day.

2-1.

This place isn't called Negative-Online for nothing, you know.

Deadline passed on April 2nd, it's 15 now.

Hope that's right, just saw on another forum that the 2nd Sunday in April was the cut-off.  That was just a cut-and-paste job though not a proper link so could be wrong.  A two game ban would be badly timed with all these injuries

Absolutely bricking it tbh, this is massive.

With a week of rest I'd be confident that the players will be up for it and show the desire to win.

But my 2 fears are Pardew and how tired we might be.

Absolutely bricking it tbh, this is massive.

With a week of rest I'd be confident that the players will be up for it and show the desire to win.

But my 2 fears are Pardew and how tired we might be.

"I think we've grown accustomed to the demands of that competition to know what we need to do on the Sunday after"

Trust Perdu  :D

Quite shocked by how many people think we're going to win this comfortably.  Hope you're all proven right, but I think if we do manage to win it will be scrappy, nervous as hell and an absolute trainwreck to watch.