Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

To be fair, the Europa League does take a toll in terms of form.

Benfica tied 1-1 against Estoril because the team was simply without any strenght left after feners game. We pressed hard the first half, but were too tired to even atack properly on the second half. In any normal conditions we would have trounced estoril.

Sure it was our fault for not rotating players, a issue Jorge Jesus just doesnt seem to understand, but should we have been playing just 1 game per week like Porto, not only we would have went to Dragao with a 4 point lead minimum, we wouldnt have played like we did yesterday either.

It always takes a toll on the team, so I understand Pardew for doing these comments, but his negative football aproach is also to be blamed for this season.

Where are you lot in your league again, mate?

Second, 1 point behind Porto into the last fixture.

We have to win at home against moreirense(bottom team) and hope Porto doesnt win at Paços, the third placed team. Paços is gonna hand the game to Porto though I beleive, their president supports porto.

Think you missed the point slightly.

Guest P.Aimar10

Benfica tied 1-1 against Estoril because the team was simply without any strenght left after feners game. We pressed hard the first half, but were too tired to even atack properly on the second half. In any normal conditions we would have trounced estoril.

Sure it was our fault for not rotating players, a issue Jorge Jesus just doesnt seem to understand, but should we have been playing just 1 game per week like Porto, not only we would have went to Dragao with a 4 point lead minimum, we wouldnt have played like we did yesterday either.

It always takes a toll on the team, so I understand Pardew for doing these comments, but his negative football aproach is also to be blamed for this season.

We have to win at home against moreirense(bottom team) and hope Porto doesnt win at Paços, the third placed team. Paços is gonna hand the game to Porto though I beleive, their president supports porto.

:lol: It was rhetorical.

Lol sorry didnt understand it xD

Whether he's said these comments in jest, seriously or through relief at not being relegated, the simple fact is that as the main figurehead and spokesman at the club he IS a monumental moron to say he'd take a 4-0 hammering at home after overseeing two of our worst home performances in a generation.

Don't know why Ian bothers really. Your entitled to your opinions and all that but surely you must get tired of taking a bashing every day.

You're right, the forum should just be a stream of everyone reiterating the same opinion.

The only thing I get tired of is being painted as something I'm not, and credited with opinions I don't have. And also the way people choose not to see parts of an argument that they can't respond to.

But we did rotate players throughout the group stages and even against Anzhi.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: It was rhetorical.

Lol sorry didnt understand it xD

Yet you understood "rhetorical". I had to google that :lol:

But we did rotate players throughout the group stages and even against Anzhi.

I think it's a combination of a bit of tiredness and the lack of time to train and prepare for each game.

Don't know why Ian bothers really. Your entitled to your opinions and all that but surely you must get tired of taking a bashing every day.

You're right, the forum should just be a stream of everyone reiterating the same opinion.

The only thing I get tired of is being painted as something I'm not, and credited with opinions I don't have. And also the way people choose not to see parts of an argument that they can't respond to.

:thup:

Fair play for sticking at it n all.

Guest bimpy474

Or don't take it to heart, if anyone truly thinks you don't have the teams best interest at heart, well. I know you do, or you wouldn't bother at all.

The Europa League brought our only joy of the season, it gave us sporadic moments of happiness amongst the shit we were serving up in the league. To be thankful we're not in it again is shameful - thank God we're not in Europe in case it interferes with us getting into Europe. Bellendery of the highest order.

Ian. :lol:

What now?

"It's not a major offence".

Again, I assume nothing a manager says in the media can be classed as such then.

Not at all, some stuff could. I don't know why any argument with shades of grey is ridiculous.

Guest strongbow69

What now?

what is your position on pardew specifically as you seem middle of the road, adendum: were or are (if they are true ) comments of a 4-0 loss to aresenal acceptable? genuine

On the issue of Pardew...absolutely ;)

I don't think you generally give much of an opinion, it's a lot of "he probably didn't mean it like that" and "leave him alone, you're overreacting".

I'd love to know what Pardew would have to come out with in the press for some people on here to be annoyed with his comments.  You're meant to be supporters of this club, how can it not irritate you when you've got the manager saying he doesn't care if we get smashed 4-0 at home after overseeing 2 of the most embarrassing home defeats in recent memory and that he's delighted we haven't qualified for a competition which gives the supporters some pride when we do.

Honestly, what would he have to say or does he have carte blanche to say whatever the fuck he likes?

If you're talking about me you might have missed the point. I was saying that I don't believe he means it literally. Having only read it and not heard/seen it of course.

I'd like to hear it rather than read it, hopefully it'll be on MOTD or the BBC site soon.

There's different post match interviews for different media you know.

Fucking fuck ass fuck shit ass fuck cunt fuck ass fuck, lads.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m58r8zTvRb1qztwte.gif

What now?

what is your position on pardew specifically as you seem middle of the road, adendum: were or are (if they are true ) comments of a 4-0 loss to aresenal acceptable? genuine

I've answered all these questions loads of times.

My position on Pardew overall is undecided TBH... I wouldn't shed a tear if he was sacked but if he was kept on I think he could produce a reasonable season next year. And after that, maybe better if he could generate momentum.

I don't like his conservative attitude in general, but I think he would allow the flair players to win us games if the general mood around the squad was better and the league situation wasn't so dire.

On the 4-0 comments, I find it hard to believe he meant them literally. I would like to hear the audio.

What now?

"It's not a major offence".

Again, I assume nothing a manager says in the media can be classed as such then.

Not at all, some stuff could. I don't know why any argument with shades of grey is ridiculous.

I understand that everything isn't black and white thanks.  I'm saying they're about the worst things a manager could say and a few seem to agree, I've asked what it would take for you to be annoyed at an NUFC manager's comments and didn't get a meaningful response.  Hence why I'm asking what would constitute a major offence.