Alan Pardew

Mike

Total Sport will be screening and denying loads of calls then.

I know most of the Q&A's on there in the past have been pretty well 'managed', but surely they can't avoid the tough questions now?

Guest icemanblue

I know most of the Q&A's on there in the past have been pretty well 'managed', but surely they can't avoid the tough questions now?

Daddy or chips?

They will man, they'll let through some of the not-so-tough ones in comparison but will come off as very tough on the radio to the average bloke listening.

Can't wait for him to talk about injuries, Europa, poor summer planning, Ba leaving, injuries, referee decisions etc again b/c we haven't fucking heard all of those on repeat all season long.

Just you wait :lol:

They'll probably have that daft bloke on like last time, spouting on about some hats.

Might try and call myself, I have an abundance of questions. What's been going on at half time? What are you going to do with Sissoko? Why is Cabaye consistently so deep and struggles to get in games in attacking positions? What is happening with Anita? Are you going to get more coaching staff in? How do you rate your own performance this year? Do you have a blueprint for the side next season? What was the rationale behind the Liverpool selection?

Anyone who willingly listens to that has to be some sort of masochist. I can't even make it through his 15 second MOTD snippets without wanting to kick shit out of the telly.

Guest firetotheworks

Through to the screening and it's 'I want to ask Alan who he thinks the best lord is.'

Get through to Alan and it's 'Why are you such a stupid little idiot?'

1. Why do we approach games in such a negative way? We regularly start a game worrying about what the opposition are doing rather than letting them worry about us.

2. How are you going to address the issue with us sitting deep whenever we take the lead in a game? Is this down to your tactics or the players?

3. Surely we must have a greater plan B than simply bringing on Shola?

Main ones. (via Hindu Times)

I've loathed Pardew since the day he was announced.

The day we appoint a more capable manager I'll be delighted.  Don't see it happening while Ashley is there though.

Just.... Wow.

So you loathe Pardew, but are so negative that you don't want him sacked because of a fear of someone EVEN WORSE coming in? I'm just incredulous at that.

If something's shit, it's shit. If something could be better, we should hope it gets better. Not worry that it might get worse.

That's exactly like Pardew defending a 0-0 draw, worried that we might concede instead of trying to score at the other end. How can you loathe him? He's basically you.

Pardew is more capable than Kinnear or Shearer.  He's on a par with Hughton. He offers a better working relationship with the chairman than Keegan.

He has been Ashley's best appointment.  I'm not going to demand Ashley have another go at fucking things up. If (as we could fear) a replacement takes us down the fans that pushed for his sacking will be to blame for making his position untenable.

Ashley's to blame for Pardew. If he improves on him champion. I'm not gonna give the fucker any excuses.

Guest firetotheworks

Taxfree's question 1 is THE question like.

Nailed on 'I don't think we are negative. If you look at X (Europa), Y (selling Ba) and Z (injuries) I think you'll find I'm right and you've been wrong every time you've watched every game this season.'

Pre-screening chap: "What would you like to ask Alan about?"

Me: "I want to know whether he likes living in Newcastle and does he like our countryside"

Pre-screening chap: "That sounds excellent, we'll put you on."

Live phone-in guy: "You're through to Talk Sport with Alan Pardew as our guest, what do you want to ask him?"

Me: "Right, Alan. Let's have a chat about your tactics."

Shouldn't be too hard to get on if you're not a complete fucktard. Just once on, don't swear and don't give them a reason to cut you off. And have facts etc to back you up because he's a smooth, smarmy cunt is Pardew and you're only going to get one chance to put your side across, then he'll get all the airtime he needs to refute it.

It'll be like trying to nail jelly to the wall, but if there's enough of us asking enough tough questions, some of the jelly will eventually stick.

Guest icemanblue

Me: "I want to know whether he likes living in Newcastle and does he like our countryside"

Live phone-in guy: "You're through to Talk Sport with Alan Pardew as our guest, what do you want to ask him?"

Shouldn't be too hard to get on if you're not a complete fucktard. Just once on, don't swear and don't give them a reason to cut you off. And have facts etc to back you up because he's a smooth, smarmy cunt is Pardew and you're only going to get one chance to put your side across, then he'll get all the airtime he needs to refute it.

It'll be like trying to nail jelly to the wall, but if there's enough of us asking enough tough questions, some of the jelly will eventually stick.

Like not asking your pre-screened question, you mean?

Regarding this idea that it's pie in the sky to want to dominate games for a whole 90 minutes, how can you explain this deeply evident tactic of sitting back once a goal ahead? We choose not to dominate games, we say that's our lot so let's hang on, despite it blowing up in our faces on numerous occasions this season and some wins being far more close than they should have been. I recall a 3-0 win over a 10 man Wigan, have we won any others in the league by 2 or more goals? Might have won a lot more full-stop if we saw fit to put the game to bed now and again.

Pardew is more capable than Kinnear or Shearer.  He's on a par with Hughton. He offers a better working relationship with the chairman than Keegan.

He has been Ashley's best appointment.  I'm not going to demand Ashley have another go at f***ing things up. If (as we could fear) a replacement takes us down the fans that pushed for his sacking will be to blame for making his position untenable.Ashley's to blame for Pardew. If he improves on him champion. I'm not gonna give the f***er any excuses.

Horse piss.

"We was having a look at our tactics and we have real real top players with excellent technical ability but the problem we've face this season are injuries. We was never going to recover from the number of injuries and our increased number of fixtures. So tactically we weren't able to get everything down in the matter of days we had to prepare for multiple fixtures in 1 week with players in and out of the team and its always difficult in this league and when you're travelling all over Europe.."

That's the type of answer you'll probably get from this fool.

Shouldn't be too hard to get on if you're not a complete fucktard. Just once on, don't swear and don't give them a reason to cut you off. And have facts etc to back you up because he's a smooth, smarmy c*** is Pardew and you're only going to get one chance to put your side across, then he'll get all the airtime he needs to refute it.

Like not asking your pre-screened question, you mean?

Fair point. But they can't cut everyone off. Well maybe they can, but that would be fucking hilarious in itself. At least that way you get on air and get to speak, rather than being denied even that.

Guest icemanblue

"We was having a look at our tactics and we have real real top players with excellent technical ability but the problem we've face this season are injuries. We was never going to recover from the number of injuries and our increased number of fixtures. So tactically we weren't able to get everything down in the matter of days we had to prepare for multiple fixtures in 1 week with players in and out of the team and its always difficult in this league and when you're travelling all over Europe.."

Probably just tell you fuck off and ask for your mam's bra size and telephone number, tbh. He's awful.

He has been Ashley's best appointment.  I'm not going to demand Ashley have another go at f***ing things up. If (as we could fear) a replacement takes us down the fans that pushed for his sacking will be to blame for making his position untenable.Ashley's to blame for Pardew. If he improves on him champion. I'm not gonna give the f***er any excuses.

Horse piss.

So would you demonstrate against a new manager from the get go if he was unproven shite like Pardew?

Probably just tell you f*** off and ask for your mam's bra size and telephone number, tbh. He's awful.

He's a clown, and I still feel like such an idiot for falling for his drivel.  He tries to talk like he's a fucking genius and smarter than everyone but all he does is ramble on, never answer questions or answer it with some witty answer and it glosses over the issue. "Perfect corner" to "control the midfield you control the game" type shit last summer.

Regarding this idea that it's pie in the sky to want to dominate games for a whole 90 minutes, how can you explain this deeply evident tactic of sitting back once a goal ahead? We choose not to dominate games, we say that's our lot so let's hang on, despite it blowing up in our faces on numerous occasions this season and some wins being far more close than they should have been. I recall a 3-0 win over a 10 man Wigan, have we won any others in the league by 2 or more goals? Might have won a lot more full-stop if we saw fit to put the game to bed now and again.

Only other game we've won by two is Southampton home.