Alan Pardew

Mike

Why do folk think he'll be sacked at Christmas? If he could survive getting us as low as he did this season, I don't see much hope for him getting the bullet if we're languishing in 14th-ish by Christmas, for example.

Why do folk think he'll be sacked at Christmas? If he could survive getting us as low as he did this season, I don't see much hope for him getting the bullet if we're languishing in 14th-ish by Christmas, for example.

Just the "one bad season" quotes from DL above all else, I'm not sure they'd stand for another campaign that looks likely to go the same way.

Just the "one bad season" quotes from DL above all else, I'm not sure they'd stand for another campaign that looks likely to go the same way.

:thup:

Depends how they quantify bad season. After this season, it's feasible they could plausibly view 'genuine stability' (ie. midtable mediocrity) as a good season.

Guest Slippery Sam

Why Christmas? Because someone on here said it, so others have tagged on to it as gospel.

Unless we're really in the shite next season he will keep his job imo. Ashley just wants the club around 8th, to sustain the self-sufficiency model whilst clawing back his investment.  Quite what enjoyment he [Ashley] can get from watching the shite Pardew serves up is the baffling one. I can only think that Ashley believes NUFC becoming self-sufficient, coupled with high attendances, is the best route to getting a good offer from someone to buy the club.

As expected then: Pardew stays and the NO sages write off next season before pre season has even begun.

You can count me in as one of those sages. Next season will be a nothing season at best with us finishing about 12th or Pardew will get sacked by Xmas and the season will have been wasted anyway. I expect we'll start selling players as well as some of them will have had enough. Not that that will bother Ashley as he'll still turn a profit.

As expected then: Pardew stays and the NO sages write off next season before pre season has even begun.

You can count me in as one of those sages. Next season will be a nothing season at best with us finishing about 12th or Pardew will get sacked by Xmas and the season will have been wasted anyway. I expect we'll start selling players as well as some of them will have had enough. Not that that will bother Ashley as he'll still turn a profit.

No, I don't think they'll fire him if we finish 12th or thereabouts. They will see it as an improvment of last (this) year and therefore once again go about of their so called "five year plan".. (Which by then will probably be a ten year plan..)

Guest icemanblue

This whore gone yet ?

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/Art-Girl71/Smileys%20and%20Gifs/d660933b.gif