Alan Pardew

Mike

Aw fuck. Well at least we know. The kicker will be when we know Pardew stays true to type as is sacked that there willl be a mad scramble and lack of takers because we missed out on any window to get good candidates in. Call me negative but I don't see any positives in what this guy does.

:lol: I don't want to be too negative, get behind the team etc... but what the fuck did they see that made them keep him? I mean...it's May and we're already mentally wondering who the manager is going to be after a shit first four months of a season that's three months away.

I'm certain no one in charge is regularly watching matches, tbh.

:lol: I don't want to be too negative, get behind the team etc... but what the fuck did they see that made them keep him? I mean...it's May and we're already mentally wondering who the manager is going to be after a shit first four months of a season that's three months away.

I'm certain no one in charge is regularly watching matches, tbh.

The fifth placed finish (despite the shite football), staying in the PL and money are the only justifications I can see for giving him any more time.  I don't think they're looking at the long term in terms of their ambitions for the club, if Pardew can keep us on the PL gravy train and generate some income through Carr's scouting talent then I think they'll be happy enough.

Basically, if we're not getting rid of him now with so many decent managers available and that abortion of a season behind us then we're stuck with him.

Sounds to me like they're bottling the decision. Sacking him after a poor start next season will just ensure that we get yet another manager that isn't really good enough, we'll be playing catch up and the cycle will continue.

Pardew is a funny one though, at some point in the next 12 months he will be sacked by his 4th club in a row, and there will still be people out there that rate him. Guys like Rafa and AVB get torn a new one by the media whenever their clubs have a couple of poor results.

Honestly man, it's so fucking depressing and frustrating.

Plenty of options available at the minute and we're going to miss out to stick with this useless fucker and watch another season go to waste and probably see a very talented squad fall apart.

Maybe he'll be scared into doing his job properly, now he knows he's not invincible. He thought he could bank on his 'mates' but he cant anymore.

I'll be furious if these rumours are true though.

I'm just surprised that people would really think that he'd be replaced. This is Ashley and Llambias we're talking about, he still absolutely fits in with what they want. .com has it exactly right when they point out that it's highly unlikely those two would appoint anyone of better quality.

I saw Pard's has cancelled the phone in on bbc sport, now there's a surprise :lol: Must have realised what an absolute slaughtering he was going to get.

One more point, I like listening to John Anderson on there but I'm surprised given he;s watched every fucking game under Pardew that he hasn't been more critical of Pardew given what he's seen.

Guest reefatoon

Christ, it is miserable stuff isn't it.  Just can't even see the smallest glimmer of hope with this idiot in charge.  A summer of frustration followed by pathetic, clueless football

Show some ambition you bunch of cunts or fuck off.

Pretty much the lowest amount of excitment ever felt ahead of the summer and new season tbh. The bloke is simply not good enough, and seems to arrogant to change his approach at all.

Roll on october when our dreadful start to the season, will sure leave Ashley with little option other than to get rid. The only problem there is that all the great options available now would have all gone, and we will be left with someone like Hughes or Mcclaren.

He's systematically destroying and potentially technical, fluid and attacking side. The tools and the skills are there but I don't think he can utilise them, he's way out of his depth and keeping him on in the aid of stability is just delaying the inevitable. A few new players won't change his style of play and although I think they may listen to what kind of players Pardew wants, they aren't gonna change their policy or financial structures for buying said players.

It doesn't make sense but if that's how they want to play it then I guess I'll have to accept that for now, however after the beginning of the season starts and we've inevitably the same negative football I can imagine the easy ride he's been getting will vanish quickly. He won't be here by 2014 it's just the wait that's painful!

Guess we're left with hoping that he learns from this season's mistakes, and gets in some top quality, experienced coaching assistance to help him out.

If he's somehow persuaded them that nothing much is wrong and it's only injuries and Europe to blame we're headed for another season of pain.

It's unbelievable that he'd back Pardew despite the fan hatred, and then refuse to bid for the only target Pardew has named in public.

Do you think? He's backing his manager for a bit longer, but he's not going to ruin the club's transfer planning in the process. Doesn't sound that unbelievable really.

The right signings in the summer and I think many will grant him more time. Another summer like the last and God help him. Coupled with the potential for a few first team players to leave.