Alan Pardew

Mike

Also the teams we have played are hardly as dross as people make out.....

Pacos are going to be in the CL next year and the team Chelsea beat 8-1 were full of part timers in Asia.

Plus who gives a shit what results are in pre season tbh, the real issue is Pardew not learning a thing from last season.

I genuinely don't know how anyone can think we'll finish top 10 after season.

We've not strengthened at all - in fact we've lost players. Our pre season campaign is against dross teams that we've hardly blew away. (Chelsea won 8-1 yesterday for example)

Without including all the goings on off the field again...

Pardew has already shows us in pre season we'll play the same way. I won't be surprised if we struggle from the off and just about avoid relegation again.

If you look back most of us are saying, top ten if we can sign a three or four players. The squad would then be good enough, it's whether Pardew can rise to the occasion and be better than last season.

Out of interest, if we only get one, or none at all, which seems far more likely than the three or four additions you mention, what would you then consider a realistic objective?

Had my day ruined today. I'd just seen Shola and was grinning to myself that he had flowers in his shopping trolley when I turned into the next aisle and saw Pardew. The smile dropped from my face and I felt something akin to bile rising up my gullet.

Never realised how much I detested that man until then. So wanted to tell him to stop being a coward and let the boys play, but it would have just ended in some slanging match. Really killed my mood, just seeing him. :anguish: The thought of next season rose like a spectre before me.. wanted to spit.

Oh!, and he was wearing training gear complete with wonga logo and the initials AP...

Guest bimpy474

We've not strengthened at all - in fact we've lost players. Our pre season campaign is against dross teams that we've hardly blew away. (Chelsea won 8-1 yesterday for example)

Pardew has already shows us in pre season we'll play the same way. I won't be surprised if we struggle from the off and just about avoid relegation again.

If you look back most of us are saying, top ten if we can sign a three or four players. The squad would then be good enough, it's whether Pardew can rise to the occasion and be better than last season.

Out of interest, if we only get one, or none at all, which seems far more likely than the three or four additions you mention, what would you then consider a realistic objective?

Say we get two strikers, i think that's what'll happen. 8th-12th would be my guess. If we sign only one, 10th to 16th. If we sign no one i think we will be in serious trouble (because of Pardew mainly). Obviously just my opinion them, but if we had a different manager, ie a better one. I think with our squad those scenarios would be 2 or 3 places better in each.

Even if we do get players in, Pardew is a problem, we can only hope he's learned but going by the way the team has lined up again, the dearth of chances being made again is a major worry.

He's not as good as 2011-12, but I don't think he'll be as bad as 2012-13. As it is now, I reckon we should still be somewhere between 9th-12th even with Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

Does nobody accept that last season was especially bad? Like, worse than could be normally expected from us? I'm not saying we're going to be great, but you would surely expect an improvement.

You would expect an improvement, i certainly do but if Pardew persists playing his negative football, i dread to think what'll happen.

Does nobody accept that last season was especially bad? Like, worse than could be normally expected from us? I'm not saying we're going to be great, but you would surely expect an improvement.

It was as bad as the previous season was good, the difference for me was that a number of performances towards the end were unforgivable. I desperately hope Pardew turns it around and I expect to some degree he will, but nothing more than us being mid-table. Just what the owner wants.

Guest Phil K

You would expect an improvement, i certainly do but if Pardew persists playing his negative football, i dread to think what'll happen.

If we brought in a half decent manager, we'd see an immediate improvement. The players would feel the shackles come off. We are royally f*****d with Pardew, and even more if that t**t Kinnear moves in, which he clearly wants to

He's not as good as 2011-12, but I don't think he'll be as bad as 2012-13. As it is now, I reckon we should still be somewhere between 9th-12th even with Pardew.

I agree, not sure about the position so much couldn't really say but i think it will be somewhere in between the first two seasons.

Guest bimpy474

Players or Pardew's tactics, our lack of creativity and lack of chances made really worries me. Even when we played quite well in the second half the other night, we created virtually nothing. Admittedly a better striker than Shola wouldn't have helped. But overall we're crap at creating chances.

Players or Pardew's tactics, our lack of creativity and lack of chances made really worries me. Even when we played quite well in the second half the other night, we created virtually nothing. Admittedly a better striker than Shola wouldn't have helped. But overall we're crap at creating chances.

Swap the Ameobis for Cisse and another striker (even Gouffran) and we're infinitely better.

Tbf the midfield was Tiote-Jonas-Sissoko and we had 10 men with Shola and Gouffran as strikers.

I thought we played well and actually resembled an actual team in that second half.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf the midfield was Tiote-Jonas-Sissoko and we had 10 men with Shola and Gouffran as strikers.

I thought we played well and actually resembled an actual team in that second half.

So did they to be fair, and we did play well as i said but we created nothing, Shola's goal aside and Haris hitting the post. They we the only real chances in the whole game.

It just worries me that Pardew doesn't know how to set us up with an attacking intent, much like last season. Even if we give him more players, will we create more chances for them.

Oh yeah i forgot that lad was sent off too :lol:

Anyway we seemed to have quite a bit of attacking intent in that second half but not the quality to do enough with it.

I reckon swapping out Jonas and Tiote for Cabaye and Anita, Shola for Cisse and Ben Arfa as the extra man with no sending off would result or even Marv would have seen more chances created.

Don't deny Pardew really struggles with chance creation mind but i was quite pleased with that second half and think the potential is there with that set up with better quality of player.

Santon and Debuchy looked a lot better too with the shackles off so to speak.

One thing that worries me going into next season is that we don't seem to be making any effort to sign a left mid/wing player. You could at a push say Remy, but to me he looks more of a striker than a wide man, and unless we get this sorted we are going to get no supply down the left again this season.

Say we get two strikers, i think that's what'll happen. 8th-12th would be my guess. If we sign only one, 10th to 16th. If we sign no one i think we will be in serious trouble (because of Pardew mainly). Obviously just my opinion them, but if we had a different manager, ie a better one. I think with our squad those scenarios would be 2 or 3 places better in each.

Even if we do get players in, Pardew is a problem, we can only hope he's learned but going by the way the team has lined up again, the dearth of chances being made again is a major worry.

That's a fair enough assessment, agree with that. I just fear there is no chance we will get more than one in, and even then I fully expect it to be Bent on the last day of the window.

That's a fair enough assessment, agree with that. I just fear there is no chance we will get more than one in, and even then I fully expect it to be Bent on the last day of the window.

This and the fact that we 'pushed' through this summer's transfers back in January which gave us a great push for those first few games. They were a breath of fresh air, Sissoko in particular.

A few weeks under Pardew though... :anguish:

Guest bimpy474

Oh yeah i forgot that lad was sent off too :lol:

Anyway we seemed to have quite a bit of attacking intent in that second half but not the quality to do enough with it.

I reckon swapping out Jonas and Tiote for Cabaye and Anita, Shola for Cisse and Ben Arfa as the extra man with no sending off would result or even Marv would have seen more chances created.

Don't deny Pardew really struggles with chance creation mind but i was quite pleased with that second half and think the potential is there with that set up with better quality of player.

Santon and Debuchy looked a lot better too with the shackles off so to speak.

Absolutely right about the full backs, i know it was 10 men but maybe Pardew saw enough to allow the FB's to bomb on by having a player sat in front of the back four. Doubt tbh but you never know.

Guest bimpy474

One thing that worries me going into next season is that we don't seem to be making any effort to sign a left mid/wing player. You could at a push say Remy, but to me he looks more of a striker than a wide man, and unless we get this sorted we are going to get no supply down the left again this season.

I remember him saying a LW was position that needed strengthening, yet nothing apart from Ince being linked. If we do go into the season playing 4-4-2 and Jonas is on the left. Well it'll be just depressing in the extreme.

Guest bimpy474

That'll be it, worst case apart from no one i suppose. It's so hard to look forward to the season when we seem so far behind most teams on the transfer front.

the other thread where people are discussing 2 new strikers and how pardew won't know how to utilise them got me thinking, maybe ashley could decide to force him out by signing 2 strikers, giving him a strong enough and talented enough squad and watch him fail with it, which he's rather likely to do

i think pardew would have to quit if we start the season with the existing squad + 2 new strikers and he can't make it work - the excuses will surely have dried up by then

That'll be it, worst case apart from no one i suppose. It's so hard to look forward to the season when we seem so far behind most teams on the transfer front.

Bring in one or preferably 2 good strikers, and I would say there's a lot to look forward to this season.

If not though. :hmm: