Alan Pardew

Mike

Ben Arfa won't exactly go for big money at the moment considering his horrendous injury record here.

His snapped ankle and the issue last season.  Its harldey and horrendous injury record of on and off injuries. :lol:

Reading thopse GolfMag posts again brings me back to the feeling most of us had at the time Pardew was appointed.

It was easy to forget who he is, where he came from and under what circumstances he accepted the job when he took us to 5th place.

Now though, those issues seem far more pressing and illustrative of the way our club is being operated.

He's a manager whose misfortunes forced him to take charge of a League One club - a club that eventually wanted to keep evolving and got rid of him. The complete liberation from logic that lies behind Ashley and Llambias decision to appoint him in the first place was never confronted in the press. Not to the degree it should have been. Our clubs sporting ambition ceased to exist the moment this man was brought in. If his contract is constructed the way GolfMag describes it, it's even more of a scandal. But Pardew made himself out to be a manager of some sort of calibre at once, and he seemingly has a way of getting along with a lot of people.

There's not much reason to be angry with him for taking the opportunity to manage in the Premier League again, even though his previous record should have made that impossible. There's however loads of reason to despise his acceptance of a role where he would serve as a football manager under the control of people who had no intention of achieving any footballing success. Add to that the unfairly displacing an honest professional in the process, which he evidently knew about.

Hopefully someone inside the club can document exactly what's going on, because this all seems as if it could make for a smashing documentary at some stage.

I'd love to know the full story.

Guest bimpy474

Ben Arfa won't exactly go for big money at the moment considering his horrendous injury record here.

His snapped ankle and the issue last season.  Its harldey and horrendous injury record of on and off injuries. :lol:

Gimp, you type that with your forehead ?.

Guest neesy111

19 games last season says otherwise.

Btw I love that it's now been called a conspiracy theory twice. As if the assertion that Ashley would rather finance new players by selling players we already have is some sort of wild, philosophical musing.

TBF it actually has only happened with Carroll. I don't doubt he would love to bring some money in, I'm just not sure you can logically extend that to mean we're actively shopping all our best players to our rivals.

Do you mind if I respond to this?

I don't need to logically extend the Carroll sale. The touting around of Cabaye on this occasion and Tiote last summer will do for me. Oh, and at the prices we're talking about I don't think we're likely to sell to any of our rivals.

But do people think the overall strategy of 'reducing the wage bill' or making the club more self-sufficient is exactly the same as 'actively trying to sell anyone we can'? Honest question.

I think, as proven time and time again in football and business in general, that everything has it's price and will be sold.

As a club I definitely think that any player is for sale if they meet Ashley's valuation.

However we're also known as hard dealers nowadays and only "Carrollesque" type bids will be accepted for our top players, which in fairness probably deters most clubs from trying.

in anger yes.

Advertising players via the press rather than explicitly (which the buyer could easily publicize) makes it much easier for the dim to believe that the club were somehow powerless in selling someone.

They did it with Carroll, Harry Redknapp even commented on how it amused him that they were claiming woe is me when they'd been trying to peddle him all month.

I think the plan was to flog Tiote first but after such a tragic drop in performance his value has plummeted. The next player we think we could get big money for is Cabaye and after that Ben Arfa in my opinion.

Guest bimpy474

in anger yes.

:mysterysolved:

Advertising players via the press rather than explicitly (which the buyer could easily publicize) makes it much easier for the dim to believe that the club were somehow powerless in selling someone.

They did it with Carroll, Harry Redknapp even commented on how it amused him that they were claiming woe is me when they'd been trying to peddle him all month.

"I had a good laugh this afternoon watching the interview from Newcastle," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "I thought it was one of the most amusing things I'd seen. 'How hard Newcastle had fought to keep him and pulled out all the stops and they had battled it all the way, even when he put in a transfer request'.

"Every time these clubs sell a player they seem to have to get the player to put in a transfer request to make it look like they did not want to sell him."

Forgot about that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Pardew wasn't part of Ashley's sinister regime he wouldn't be in a job.

He want's a Premier League Cash Cow without the expense.

19 games last season says otherwise.

Like I said, the issue last season.

I hate the way he says "we have to guard against offers" coming in for players when everyone knows they'll sell at the first opportunity after Pardew constantly advertises that players are for sale. It's so boring listening to him roll out the same tired sentences all the fucking time regrading everything

I hate the way he says "we have to guard against offers" coming in for players when everyone knows they'll sell at the first opportunity after Pardew constantly advertises that players are for sale. It's so boring listening to him roll out the same tired sentences all the fucking time regrading everything

sorry to be all inochi about this but isn't the bit in bold the exact opposite of how we handle our outgoing transfers?