Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

This thread seems less of a discussion of whether he's doing a good job or not as it is to a debate of what level of sinister t***/idiot he is. Telling.

I don't think there's a discussion available on whether he's doing a good job or not. Everyone seems to have agreed that he's completely shit. At least discussing this means that there's the slightest amount of contradicting opinions.

I have no doubt that Ashley will not hesitate to bin Pardew when he's seen enough and wants rid. He's totally ruthless in that respect. Everyone thought Ashley and Llambias were joined at the hip and look what happened. And let's face it Llambias really was Ashley's mouthpiece and never muttered a word against his leader. What happens if we get to a post Pardew scenario is anyone's guess. I hope it doesn't happen, simply because I want Pardew to succeed as our manager., as I have wanted every one of our managers to succeed. The trouble is that the NUFC job has sunk bigger and better managers than Pardew. Not that we are especially different to other clubs, the vast majority of managers have a shelf life that is not of their choosing.

I have no doubt that Ashley will not hesitate to bin Pardew when he's seen enough and wants rid. He's totally ruthless in that respect. Everyone thought Ashley and Llambias were joined at the hip and look what happened. And let's face it Llambias really was Ashley's mouthpiece and never muttered a word against his leader. What happens if we get to a post Pardew scenario is anyone's guess. I hope it doesn't happen, simply because I want Pardew to succeed as our manager., as I have wanted every one of our managers to succeed. The trouble is that the NUFC job has sunk bigger and better managers than Pardew. Not that we are especially different to other clubs, the vast majority of managers have a shelf life that is not of their choosing.

i think this needs a thread in itself, this is such a massive feature of how people view football it boggles my mind....i can see pardew has gone, there's no coming back for him it's just a matter of time

yet it's such a paradox; i want X to succeed because he's our manager despite the fact that he's clearly incapable and at best will only ever succeed in reintroducing 1980's football that may have short term success

no idea idea what i'm saying now, suppose i'm suggesting there's a basic ignorance in football fans that they'd rather ignore what's in front of their face for a couple of decent saturday's out

That reminder about Redknapp sticking it too Pardew in his interview with his cockney reporter mates lapping it up and giggling along. Where are you now you fat saggy faced cunt.

Not that I like Pardew in anyway but that was one instance where his words got twisted. It was great when Hodgson got the job :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's a sad state of affairs when then truth is told to us by an alleged tax dodging, wheeler dealer. Ah god, I hope this nightmare ends soon like.

It's a sad state of affairs when then truth is told to us by an alleged tax dodging, wheeler dealer. Ah god, I hope this nightmare ends soon like.

You need to take a break man :laugh: I don't disagree with you that we're in the brown, but you seem to be taking it quite hard. Concentrate on the cricket or something!

Guest bimpy474

might want to edit that bimpy :)

Hehe i always end up doing that, fast typing see :lol:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m08celcrnT1r3isxuo1_500.gif :lol: sorry

I like that :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

You need to take a break man :laugh: I don't disagree with you that we're in the brown, but you seem to be taking it quite hard. Concentrate on the cricket or something!

I don't like cricket, I love it. Nah, it's rubbish. I don't like cricket, it's rubbish. That's what 10CC should have said. Mugs.

Nah, I'm fine, I've just been bored all day and Pardew is always an easy target like.

Really miss hughton and the way he would flat out deny anything until it happened.

"I'm not aware of any negotiations"

"but the player has been seen at the training ground chris?" :lol:

:lol:

"He's not a player I'm aware of"

"But Chris, he's in your starting lineup for today"

Really miss hughton and the way he would flat out deny anything until it happened.

"I'm not aware of any negotiations"

"but the player has been seen at the training ground chris?" :lol:

:lol:

"He's not a player I'm aware of"

"But Chris, he's in your starting lineup for today"

"Well that's very much speculation at this very particular moment of time"

And thus he gets called a liar when the club sells a player, as indeed he was when Carroll was sold.

Incidentally if Bale does leave Spurs then AVB is a liar.

How would him saying "we don't want to sell anybody" make him out to be a liar if we actually sold somebody?  I don't want to sell my house but I will if I get offered daft money and that wouldn't make me a liar.

Just switched on the Chelsea/Bayern game and listened to Jose's pre-match interview, and it's so refreshing listening to a confident manager. I know they're on a different level to us, but wish Pardew would speak in a similar way before a game, and not just say 'We will try to get past Morecambe"...

And thus he gets called a liar when the club sells a player, as indeed he was when Carroll was sold.

Incidentally if Bale does leave Spurs then AVB is a liar.

How would him saying "we don't want to sell anybody" make him out to be a liar if we actually sold somebody?  I don't want to sell my house but I will if I get offered daft money and that wouldn't make me a liar.

Mick, surely you have seen how it works. He says "we don't want to sell anybody" and then we do sell someone. For some he's automatically a liar because he knew all along that we were trying to ship a player or players out and he's part of the plot. He has said about Cabaye that if someone wants a world class player they will need to come up with world class money. You have a world class house which you will sell for world class money it seems. If you are hated there will always be reasons to hate.

i think this needs a thread in itself, this is such a massive feature of how people view football it boggles my mind....i can see pardew has gone, there's no coming back for him it's just a matter of time

yet it's such a paradox; i want X to succeed because he's our manager despite the fact that he's clearly incapable and at best will only ever succeed in reintroducing 1980's football that may have short term success

no idea idea what i'm saying now, suppose i'm suggesting there's a basic ignorance in football fans that they'd rather ignore what's in front of their face for a couple of decent saturday's out

Thanks for your response. Believe me I am a fan who can see "what's in front of their face" and I've seen the crap that we played at times last season and have the fears that if we don't sort it out there could be more where that came from. And as far as the club is concerned there is also the JFK appointment to bring into play......But yet I still see signs that we can play and I saw signs last season as well, and some of those signs were in games where we got no points. So, in summary, despite my "basic ignorance", I hope you are wrong.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

God he's a depressing t***. The fact he names them is ludicrous

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

Literally all he has to say.  We don't want to sell anyone. Easy as that.

The blokes a fucking moron

He's not a moron, he's doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure it's all in his job description.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

He's not a moron, he's doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure it's all in his job description.

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "fuck you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless twat when we hired him and he'll be a jobless twat when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

I hate him.

The blokes a f***ing moron

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "f*** you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless t*** when we hired him and he'll be a jobless t*** when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

He'll get a job soon enough if he leaves us. Maybe a lower tier Prem side or upper Championship. He will have way more experience and success on his cv than most of the other possibles who will be in the market. 

Thanks for your response. Believe me I am a fan who can see "what's in front of their face" and I've seen the crap that we played at times last season and have the fears that if we don't sort it out there could be more where that came from. And as far as the club is concerned there is also the JFK appointment to bring into play......But yet I still see signs that we can play and I saw signs last season as well, and some of those signs were in games where we got no points. So, in summary, despite my "basic ignorance", I hope you are wrong.

Sorry, awful choice of words, but there's something like a "default setting" in football fans then (not specifically you) to hope for change when all evidence points to the fact that it will not change for the better, nor the longevity of a manager being the best thing for us. Pardew staying with us long term will not result in our success, this is surely obvious to everyone now right?

It's an across the board football thing and I wonder if it's specific to football? Do rugby fans behave the same, I wonder.

Guest bimpy474

I hate him.

What happened with Carroll then, because at the time he said we would not be selling 100%. Now admittedly we couldn't turn that daft amount down. But wasn't he doing Ashley bidding then, couldn't be job description if he was saying the opposite to what he says now.

I hate him.

The blokes a f***ing moron

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "f*** you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless t*** when we hired him and he'll be a jobless t*** when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

He'll get a job soon enough if he leaves us. Maybe a lower tier Prem side or upper Championship. He will have way more experience and success on his cv than most of the other possibles who will be in the market. 

Your choice of future job options for Pards says it all really. That's about how highly he's rated in the real world. Is it any surprise he'll support his bosses position when push comes to shove? This is the best job he's ever going to get.