Alan Pardew

Mike

Exactly, the most important thing about any set piece is the delivery. And our delivery is utter garbage.

That's not always true, we put some good deliveries into the box on Saturday but we just can't attack anything with our heads.

Exactly, the most important thing about any set piece is the delivery. And our delivery is utter garbage.

That's not always true, we put some good deliveries into the box on Saturday but we just can't attack anything with our heads.

There's just no movement to get away from markers at set pieces. Near post, back post, late runs into the box...that sort of thing.

Guest bimpy474

I know there's bit more it, but imo it really is the delivery that counts. Better headers of the ball give more options and we of course lack that. But to have no threat at all even with the players we have is just a joke, and rank bad coaching and coaching brains.

Pisses me off when the exact thing that has happened at Sunderland is exactly what should of been happening here - A USELESS c*** OF A MANAGER BEING SACKED

Guest bimpy474

There's just no movement to get away from markers at set pieces. Near post, back post, late runs into the box...that sort of thing.

What movement can the players now do when we only have the floated corner. You try different things, you go short, you whip into the near post, you try a flick on, you crowd the GK, you can try a number of things.

We try nothing and havent for two seasons, it's pathetic.

What movement can the players now do when we only have the floated corner. You try different things, you go short, you whip into the near post, you try a flick on, you crowd the GK, you can try a number of things.

Well obviously it needs some planning on the training ground, at least that's how it would work at most clubs.

Guest bimpy474

Well obviously it needs some planning on the training ground, at least that's how it would work at most clubs.

I truly think our coaching staff have given up on this now, i really do believe they have which is shameful but sums up their limitations.

Guest bimpy474

My mind is probably playing tricks on me but I am sure our corner woes started right after Pardew mentioned our "perfect corner" in that radio interview :lol:

Soon as Barton was gone for me, never been the same since.

Stuck with this idiot, depressing as f***.

Almost jealous of the Mackems sacking their s*** manager.

Why, they will employ some utter shit to replace him.

It would be nice to get rid of Pardew though, even though I dont really blame him for the Hull game.

Guest icemanblue

With dickanio's sacking we now have the worst manager in the league. NETD marra!

At least he's lucky, eh?

12 Newcastle  5 -3 7

13 Aston Villa  5 0 6

14 West Brom  5 0 5

15 West Ham  5 0 5

16 Cardiff  5 -2 5

17 Norwich  5 -3 4

18 Fulham  5 -4 4

19 Crystal Palace  5 -4 3

20 Sunderland  5 -8 1

Where's Brett? :lol:

Probably still trying find positives from the game, it can't be easy for him to get his head around reality.

:lol: I'm eagerly awaiting his reappearance

Even money he says Saturday was a blip and Pardew will put things right by inspiring a performance and 3 points on Saturday.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but after the Villa posturing he's been awfully quiet since :lol:

Sorry for late replies, i apologised for my Villa excitement and like you said stayed low for a while, i was actually going to stay low after Hull if we won but i gathered my name would be mentioned on here and didn't want to think i was hiding or possibly suicidal  :lol:

Was it a blip? Possibly. We'll know more about the character in this squad after next Monday's performance to see how they bounce back from this. Was thinking Pardew had picked the right side, he made the subs i would have done but obviously it boils down to more than just that and it's a case of why his game plan couldn't break down Hull and create many chances along with why we were so sloppy defensively. I personally think if you score two goals at home you should be winning the game, no excuses for how badly we defended as a team on Saturday, defending set pieces is starting to become a bigger problem than our attacking set pieces, shocking organization again and not just for the goal.

I'm not doom and gloom you'll not be surprised to know that however, still believe in this side to come good, was a major setback for how we could have really kicked on from that Villa win and we've let ourselves down immediately but we've got a game on Wednesday just to steady that with a few changes to the team, come through that then see how we fair at Everton, which will be a tough tough game but do think like the Villa game there could be something in it for us if we put in the kind of performance in that I know we are capable of.

Pardew pissed me off on Saturday more than he has any time previously bar the Reading game.

"Excuses" has a bad connotation whenever you examine the issues that led to last seasons results, but I think poor performances and an inability to change it about can and should be excused according to mitigating factors (injuries, lack of depth, extra fixtures).

While the lack of depth is still an issue which sees championship standard players like Williamson, Dummett and Sammy get on our bench, we should have had enough to beat Hull at home.  Our first choice 11 were being held 2-2 though.  And the changes that were made just created a world of dissaray on the park.  Over 30 minutes he made 3 changes.  None of which were like for like.  Striker for midfielder, midfielder for Striker, then RB for Midfielder.  Players were moved from pillar to post to accommodate this and we lost any semblance of shape we may have had.  Defenders who for 5 games have passed the ball out of defence had no-one available in front of them at all and resorted to the long ball we were all glad to see the back of, we thought.

When Cabaye was injured Tiote should have come on to make sure we still had experienced bodies in the middle of the park.  A like for like change.  We weren't looking particularly dangerous with Hull lapping up whatever we had to offer going forwards, but hoying Gouffran on smacked to me of placating the home fans who would have went apeshit at a "negative" change.  Weak from the manager IYAM.

It's just another disappointing performance though. If you think this proves Pardew should be sacked, any more than Villa away proved he should stay then you're knee-jerking.  As it is we're on the same points as Man U so not going to throw my lot in with the babies who want rid and don't care that it's Ashley doing the hiring.

As I left the stadium people were seriously talking about going down with the mackems.  7 points from 5 is the sort of form that will garner 53 points.  Enough for an 8th place finish last year.