Alan Pardew

Mike

Find me anyone that was happy when Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were in charge ffs. :lol: If you're going to use that one then you'd have to use that one on 99% of the people on here, just as you would with Pardew.

The point isn't that the majority were happy with those managers...but that the majority of managers are a disappointment. 

Advocating for the sack because of a boring/annoying style of play is asking for another journeyman manager to come in and disappoint, but perhaps a way that doesn't prove as effective. 

:anguish: Poor show things like this. Roeder and Souness were both fucking awful. Football fans complain about managers they don't like, completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Have you run out of cherry picked/carefully worded stats?

I can keep them coming if you've been enjoying them.  Here's one for you.  Roeder still has the best Premier League points won record of any Newcastle manager outside of Keegan and Robson.

I wasn't keen on his brand of football either, but nor did I ever advocate for his sacking.

Just shows how meaningless your beloved stats are.

Its not about WDL`s, its about football philosophy.. no idea why you insist on comparing shit managers...keep at it though..

The club's football philosophy is determined by the chairmen that make the appointments and has proven to be uninspiring for a decade. Perhaps the appointment of Dave Bassett or Bobby Gould will see us play better football? 

Nah.

While I do understand the fear of getting somebody worse, we almost went down last season, is there many worse than that?

Aye, he's currently DOF, he did actually contribute to a relegation at NUFC rather than a survival and he's ready to step in should Pards go the journey.

Guest Forollhogna

Find me anyone that was happy when Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were in charge ffs. :lol: If you're going to use that one then you'd have to use that one on 99% of the people on here, just as you would with Pardew.

The point isn't that the majority were happy with those managers...but that the majority of managers are a disappointment. 

Advocating for the sack because of a boring/annoying style of play is asking for another journeyman manager to come in and disappoint, but perhaps a way that doesn't prove as effective.

So in short most managers are poor so why bother hiring and firing...  I bet alot of employees wish they had you as a boss....someone worse might come in lets keep him...

Guest firetotheworks

All of those managers should have been sacked and we were right to want them sacked and they were right to be sacked. Just because we've had a string of disappointing managers doesn't mean that we should accept it because we're worried that the next one will be disappointing. If that next one's disappointing then he should be sacked too. In our current predicament, it's a bit different because we pretty much know that the replacement is worse, but that isn't any reason for us to think that Pardew is anything other than absolutely shit and to maintain the stiff upper lip.

Saying that Pardew isn't as bad as Souness, Allardyce or Roeder, or to try and claim that because we've had shit managers before that this is who we are is a thoroughly depressing and incredibly small-time attitude. It may have a basis in reality because of Mike Ashley, but there's no way that I'm going to let him affect the way that I think and the things that I aspire to for this club. That definitely isn't Kinnear, but it absolutely isn't Pardew either and backing him up with these stats and going on about being careful what you wish for is negative, pessimistic, stagnation.

well done happy face, aside from a very brief period of keegan where we looked like we might do something we've been thrown shit ever since robson was binned

so congrats on finding quotes where wullie is unhappy with a succession of shit managers and shit football :lol:

what a guy

While I do understand the fear of getting somebody worse, we almost went down last season, is there many worse than that?

I don't believe that was truley us. Everything that could have went wrong last season, did. Was problem after problem and Pardew didn't have the experience or know how to stop it or turn it around. With the side currently fit though and players showing us glimpses of their talent, i think he can get this right. Understand people will say i'm being negative about not trusting Ashley in appointing a good manager, but that's just the way i feel. We all have different opinions on these things. I'd rather stick with Pardew than have Kinnear come in, others will think differently because it can't get any worse than this some believe. For me though, it's one good season, one bad season and now this is really judgement time for him and he's currently and the points tally i predicted which i'm content with but now the bigger challenge for him lies ahead with tough fixtures in the pipeline and i look forward to see how we respond to them.

Why do people go back and quote posts from years ago, in this case as far back as 8 years ago? So Wullie was pissed off with various managers on separate occasions over the years, big deal, most people on here were.

Guest Forollhogna

Why do people go back and quote posts from years ago, in this case as far back as 8 years ago? So Wullie was p*ssed off with various managers on separate occasions over the years, big deal, most people on here were.

8 years ago?  That really is pathetic ...

Why do people go back and quote posts from years ago, in this case as far back as 8 years ago? So Wullie was pissed off with various managers on separate occasions over the years, big deal, most people on here were.

Because it shows a pattern of behaviour doomed to repeat itself.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

If Pardew ever drops into the relegation places i'll say enough is enough and we need the new manager bounce that another mediocre, unispiring appointment would bring temporarily.  As he's not done that yet, I'll continue to support him and the team rather than booing and raising the tension levels around the place.

If Pardew ever drops into the relegation places i'll say enough is enough and we need the new manager bounce that another mediocre, unispiring appointment would bring.  As he's not done that yet, I'll continue to support him and the team rather than booing and raising the tension levels around the place.

I feel like this, if Pardew starts to fail this season, i'm out like, as it happens he hasn't done that yet and i don't predict he will.

I don't believe that was truley us. Everything that could have went wrong last season, did. Was problem after problem and Pardew didn't have the experience or know how to stop it or turn it around. With the side currently fit though and players showing us glimpses of their talent, i think he can get this right. Understand people will say i'm being negative about not trusting Ashley in appointing a good manager, but that's just the way i feel. We all have different opinions on these things. I'd rather stick with Pardew than have Kinnear come in, others will think differently because it can't get any worse than this some believe. For me though, it's one good season, one bad season and now this is really judgement time for him and he's currently and the points tally i predicted which i'm content with but now the bigger challenge for him lies ahead with tough fixtures in the pipeline and i look forward to see how we respond to them.

What do you mean "it wasn't truly us"?  You cant make excuses for how bad last season was, none that are truly explainable. Even with the factors you've suggested we should have been comfortably mid table imo

I just don't feel like we give a true account of what we are capable of last season. There were factors for this which i'm not going into because that dragged on all summer, but i felt this season we would show ourselves in much better light. Certainly no relegation scraps again.

All of those managers should have been sacked and we were right to want them sacked and they were right to be sacked. Just because we've had a string of disappointing managers doesn't mean that we should accept it because we're worried that the next one will be disappointing. If that next one's disappointing then he should be sacked too. In our current predicament, it's a bit different because we pretty much know that the replacement is worse, but that isn't any reason for us to think that Pardew is anything other than absolutely s*** and to maintain the stiff upper lip.

Saying that Pardew isn't as bad as Souness, Allardyce or Roeder, or to try and claim that because we've had s*** managers before that this is who we are is a thoroughly depressing and incredibly small-time attitude. It may have a basis in reality because of Mike Ashley, but there's no way that I'm going to let him affect the way that I think and the things that I aspire to for this club. That definitely isn't Kinnear, but it absolutely isn't Pardew either and backing him up with these stats and going on about being careful what you wish for is negative, pessimistic, stagnation.

Cracking post!!!  :clap:

What do you mean "it wasn't truly us"?  You cant make excuses for how bad last season was, none that are truly explainable. Even with the factors you've suggested we should have been comfortably mid table imo

I just don't feel like we give a true account of what we are capable of last season. There were factors for this which i'm not going into because that dragged on all summer, but i felt this season we would show ourselves in much better light. Certainly no relegation scraps again.

Have to agree. On balance, you would have to think that we would perform better than last season almost by default. That's without the extra experience for the January buys and the addition of Remy.

All of those managers should have been sacked and we were right to want them sacked and they were right to be sacked. Just because we've had a string of disappointing managers doesn't mean that we should accept it because we're worried that the next one will be disappointing. If that next one's disappointing then he should be sacked too. In our current predicament, it's a bit different because we pretty much know that the replacement is worse, but that isn't any reason for us to think that Pardew is anything other than absolutely s*** and to maintain the stiff upper lip.

Saying that Pardew isn't as bad as Souness, Allardyce or Roeder, or to try and claim that because we've had s*** managers before that this is who we are is a thoroughly depressing and incredibly small-time attitude. It may have a basis in reality because of Mike Ashley, but there's no way that I'm going to let him affect the way that I think and the things that I aspire to for this club. That definitely isn't Kinnear, but it absolutely isn't Pardew either and backing him up with these stats and going on about being careful what you wish for is negative, pessimistic, stagnation.

Cracking post!!!  :clap:

It's a great post in theory, but in reality Mike Ashley will be appointing the successor and it will likely be Joe Kinnear or someone equally as bad as Pardew.

Why do people go back and quote posts from years ago, in this case as far back as 8 years ago? So Wullie was p*ssed off with various managers on separate occasions over the years, big deal, most people on here were.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

If Pardew ever drops into the relegation places i'll say enough is enough and we need the new manager bounce that another mediocre, unispiring appointment would bring temporarily.  As he's not done that yet, I'll continue to support him and the team rather than booing and raising the tension levels around the place.

:lol: so now people are insane for wanting Pardew out? That's a new low, even for you HF! Pardew is a waster, to "advocate" his removal is not "insane" it's perfectly reasonable. Infrastructure-wise we are one of the biggest clubs in England, why should we settle for mediocrity on and off the pitch?

It's this negative, deflated, stagnant attitude that will see us stay in the doldrums for years to come. We are fast losing our reputation in the footballing world with our tatty SD plugging, our penny pinching attitude and our uninspiring football.

We were once a proud footballing club and we're losing self respect as well as respect from others, you sound like a battered wife "Well he's trying his best, I could be worse without him."

Admittedly Pardew is part of the cancer in this club, cutting him out would only be a temporary measure but it's a step in the right direction, realistically we need a long, strong dose if chemo to remove the likes of Ashley and his cronies. However to suggest people are insane to want Pardew out and hope that things get better? Nothing but pseudointellectual bullshit! For some it's only the hope that's left, that's not insane, that's love for NUFC.

If Pardew ever drops into the relegation places i'll say enough is enough and we need the new manager bounce that another mediocre, unispiring appointment would bring.  As he's not done that yet, I'll continue to support him and the team rather than booing and raising the tension levels around the place.

Lets just carry on, pointless even trying to change things. Is there any point supporting the club, if things will NEVER change? what a depressing outlook.

That's what I asked Wullie.  Why does he bother?

I loved the last 20 minutes of the Fulham game and the first 15 minutes of Hull.  Spurs, Wigan, Chelsea last year too.  I still have butterflies on a match day, thinking of what could happen.  If it's a shit match I have a good laugh with the lads i go with.  We were pissing ourselves at the end of the Liverpool game messing about.  "We're gonna win 7-6" etc. 

I took my 6 year old nephew to his first game on Saturday.  He had a right pet lip on afterwards.  I had to have a word with him and tell him this was what being a Newcastle fan is.  What it has been for 40+ trophyless years.  He saw a 5 goal thriller, which is value for money. We don't cry about one defeat in four.  We go and have a drink and look forward to the next game.

By the way i'm not saying we didn't deserve to finish where we did last season, because we did. Your finishing position over the course of 38 games shows what kind of season you had, no hiding away from that. What i'm saying is that teams can have bad seasons but that doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad team, they can bounce back up the table the year after which i believe we will. Villa will probably be thinking similar about last season, Everton have flirted with the relegation a couple of times in the past, bigger sides have struggled for top 4 when they should be challenging for the title then bounced back year after to give a better account. Teams can have a bad season but a good team will always respond, now it's up to us to respond.

I took my 6 year old nephew to his first game on Saturday.  He had a right pet lip on afterwards.  I had to have a word with him and tell him this was what being a Newcastle fan is.  What it has been for 40+ trophyless years.  He saw a 5 goal thriller, which is value for money. We don't cry about one defeat in four.  We go and have a drink and look forward to the next game.

Want to give you a :thup:

Although I understand why fans are pissed off at the moment, we need some perspective and we need to remember what being a fan is supposed to be about.

Guest Forollhogna

Lets just carry on, pointless even trying to change things. Is there any point supporting the club, if things will NEVER change? what a depressing outlook.

That's what I asked Wullie.  Why does he bother?

I loved the last 20 minutes of the Fulham game and the first 15 minutes of Hull.  Spurs, Wigan, Chelsea last year too.  I still have butterflies on a match day, thinking of what could happen.  If it's a s*** match I have a good laugh with the lads i go with.  We were pissing ourselves at the end of the Liverpool game messing about.  "We're gonna win 7-6" etc. 

Its all fine laughing about winning 7-6 etc but its still tragic at the end of the day, and the people responsible for such poor showings deserve the sack. And would get the sack - if they were managing anything other than NUFC. Its funny there and then, but when you come home and sit down and have a think its not funny anymore. Its just fucking pathetic.

Guest firetotheworks

It's quite funny to me that you've posted that definition, considering that's exactly what Pardew does. To think that it's insane to accept sub-mediocrity is fucking lifting like. :lol: Nee offence.