Alan Pardew

Mike

All I want from this Newcastle team is a team that isn't going to roll over which I expected us too on Saturday, I would also like us to kill games off. Small steps, we did one this week hopefully the other next week.

If we maintain this form throughout the season we'll finish top half tbf. Not anything to write home about, but to say an improvement hasn't been seen is just factually incorrect bollocks.

Don't understand the 'he'll never win me round' attitude either tbh. Surely as a Newcastle fan you can only hope that he gets the team playing well consistently and wins you round?

Or secret option 3, which is he gets fired soon (or indeed last summer) and we get someone else in.

Guest bimpy474

If we maintain this form throughout the season we'll finish top half tbf. Not anything to write home about, but to say an improvement hasn't been seen is just factually incorrect bollocks.

Don't understand the 'he'll never win me round' attitude either tbh. Surely as a Newcastle fan you can only hope that he gets the team playing well consistently and wins you round?

As much as i hate Pardew this is true. Although for some, blaming the fans, using bullshit excuses and taking the fans for fools would mean unrepairable damage i would think.

Not to mention the condescending rubbish coming out of his mouth every week blaming the fans - who've stupidly stuck with him - for his own failings. Reassess your opinion ffs.

None of that bothers me because I rarely read/listen/watch his interview for 2 reasons.

1. He will always defend himself and his boss so will make ridiculous excuses to try and deflect the blame. This will piss me off, so why read?

2. Even if he has valid points certain people will twist them on here to be a negative and it's tedious. This will piss me off, so why read?

All I care about is how we are performing on the pitch, last season we put in far too many pathetically cowardly performances. This season we seem to be having a bit more of a go, even looking like we might try and win the odd game. If we continue in this manner and improve our general play then I will be a lot happier than I was with him at the start of the season.

Or secret option 3, which is he gets fired soon (or indeed last summer) and we get someone else in.

Not an option we are being presented with at the minute Jack.

Ideally the current manager will provide us with a good campaign. I'd like to think he has an opportunity to win people's support back if we continue on this gentle upward incline.

Yeyyyy!!!! Kinnear! WOOP WOOP!

He'll be 67 in a few months and managers don't tend to last much longer than that, especially here. We've finished off far better and younger managers than him (Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Keegan etc).

He'll be 67 in a few months and managers don't tend to last much longer than that, especially here. We've finished off far better and younger managers than him (Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Keegan etc).

Would you honestly rather have Kinnear than Pardew?

Would you honestly rather have Kinnear than Pardew?

I want them both out of the picture as neither are the long term answer. The one thing we can guarantee is that Kinnear won't be around long whereas Pardew could be here for 7 more years.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They won't give Kinnear the job but anyone who thinks they'll make a decent appointment is living in dreamland.

What exactly are people basing it on? Blind faith?

He has done better this season and to deny it is just a bit churlish imo.  Despite some of the shite performances (everton 1st half etc) we have been keeping the ball on the deck and at least trying to play decent football.  We've looked more organised and coherent and like we have some kind of game plan.  I still don't think he's good enough for this club or the man to take us forward but he should get credit for the improvements we've seen this season so far.

'I don't know why everyone's obsessed with systems. Just head the ball, kick the ball, fill in gaps' - Lee Clark.

A bit scary that he is bookies favourite to be our next manager. :lol:

Guest neesy111

'I don't know why everyone's obsessed with systems. Just head the ball, kick the ball, fill in gaps' - Lee Clark.

A bit scary that he is bookies favourite to be our next manager. :lol:

Bloody hell.

I know it was in the heat of the moment after a 4-0 hammering but he looked rattled. Was asked about switching from 4 to a 3 at the back or vice versa and that was the response.

Guest neesy111

I know it was in the heat of the moment after a 4-0 hammering but he looked rattled. Was asked about switching from 4 to a 3 at the back or vice versa and that was the response.

Speculation that Warnock is getting the gig there this morning.

What's Pardew blamed the fans for? Anyone got a link please?

Aye, I was wondering that.

Seems like a few people are now using that as a criticism of him even saying that he blames us "every week".

I'll admit to not reading much in the papers etc but most of the utterances I hear from Pardew regarding our support seem quite the opposite.

I'd be really interested to learn more about him blaming us on a regular basis ??

If we beat the mackems I might have to re-asses my opinion of the bloke.  There were other factors but the biggest contributing factor to our poor season last time around was him being a massive fanny. This season he has shown that a little but has also shown like he might actually have a spine, the derby is exactly the sort of game last season's Pardew would have s*** his pants about and tried desperately just not to lose, if we go for it and win he might start winning me around again  :undecided:

Much better read on a Monday morning  :indi:

He corrected his mistake of Liverpool at home last season where he fielded a negative team and set up for a draw. This time around he sent out the right team and showed his attacking intent from the off. He was actually unlucky, as i feel if we hadn't of went down to 10 men, we were in with a serious chance of 3 points and fancied us to get them once we took the lead.

Be interesting to see who he selects for the mackems, Taylor will probably come in if fit but harder choice for him is who should be playing up top as we still haven’t quite got the balance right in that part of the pitch. Gouffran’s work rate practically prevents him from taking the lead role, Remy more effective on the wing, Cisse out of form and Ben Arfa is new to that role so hard to judge off Saturday, going off this it has to be Sholaaaaaa  :whistle:

Going down to 10 men could perhaps have suited Pardew in this instance, just in terms of PR after a good first half.

He's being praised for the backs to the wall performance of the second half now, but there's a nagging doubt we would have succumbed to that approach even if we had 11 men on the pitch.  It's certainly happened in the past and he's had plenty of stick for it.

Going down to 10 men could perhaps have suited Pardew in this instance, just in terms of PR after a good first half.

He's being praised for the backs to the wall performance of the second half now, but there's a nagging doubt we would have succumbed to that approach even if we had 11 men on the pitch.  It's certainly happened in the past and he's had plenty of stick for it.

Possibly so, but we were always a man short on the counter in which we were still very effective. Imagine we had a Sissoko bombing forward with Remy instead of Anita's little legs trying to keep up  :aww:

Never got to see the game, only the highlights on MOTD or GOS but they seemed to lean towards Liverpool.

If someone said to me "would you take 4 points from cardiff and liverpool games?"  Yes, I would have been snapping their hand off.

The only stick in the neck result was Hull at home.  If we had of won or drew that game we would have been hitting a good points total from those games played so far.

I still dont like Pardew but he has picked the team up of recent. Lets see what happens in chicken town this sunday coming.

Never got to see the game, only the highlights on MOTD or GOS but they seemed to lean towards Liverpool.

If someone said to me "would you take 4 points from cardiff and liverpool games?"  Yes, I would have been snapping their hand off.

The only stick in the neck result was Hull at home.  If we had of won or drew that game we would have been hitting a good points total from those games played so far.

I still dont like Pardew but he has picked the team up of recent. Lets see what happens in chicken town this sunday coming.

I note Gerrard managed to make Garth Crooks' team of the week despite being second best to Cabaye and Tiote most of the game. Media bias.

I note Gerrard managed to make Garth Crooks' team of the week despite being second best to Cabaye and Tiote most of the game. Media bias.

They seemed to edit the highlights to us nicking goals.

I know they only have so many minutes to show for each match etc but howay man.