Alan Pardew

Mike

Extremely refreshing to see we continued to take the game to the opposition, even with ten men. Especially at home.

We didn't really. After the goal we stopped attacking bar the odd counter which always fizzled out into nothing.

Fair enough. As I say - I didn't see it (hate missing all these Saturday games (live); I'm so pleased the Mackems is on Sunday).

First time in months that we looked like a proper organised, cohesive unit. We had a gameplan, we had pace and movement and looked (largely) composed at the back. Even if that Suarez free-kick had gone in then my opinion on what I saw in the preceding 90 minutes wouldn't have changed. I don't expect to win every week, I don't expect to rattle good teams each week but I do expect certain things such as effort, organisation and discernible tactics and we got that today for the full 90. The game changed on the pen and we adapted our tactics accordingly while still posing a threat to them.

Well done to the boss and the players, more of that please.  :)

First time in months that we looked like a proper organised, cohesive unit. We had a gameplan, we had pace and movement and looked (largely) composed at the back. Even if that Suarez free-kick had gone in then my opinion on what I saw in the preceding 90 minutes wouldn't have changed. I don't expect to win every week, I don't expect to rattle good teams each week but I do expect certain things such as effort, organisation and discernible tactics and we got that today for the full 90. The game changed on the pen and we adapted our tactics accordingly while still posing a threat to them.

Well done to the boss and the players, more of that please.  :)

:thup: it's not like we're asking for much more than ideas, intent and professionalism from manager to players is it?

He's been saying it for ages, just nobody believes him because he hasn't been able to implement it. Understandable I suppose.

Yip! I think people might slowly start to do that u-turn though, I thought it was impossible but the future is looking brighter and brighter, can't see how they can keep going in the other direction! This team is going places!

He's been saying it for ages, just nobody believes him because he hasn't been able to implement it. Understandable I suppose.

Yip! I think people might slowly start to do that u-turn though, I thought it was impossible but the future is looking brighter and brighter, can't see how they can keep going in the other direction! This team is going places!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7pf4sBjlM1rvt58eo1_500.jpg

Thought Pardew got it spot on today - not sure about bringing Sammy on right at the end, but it didn't cost us.

I think it was a good choice actually. Ben Arfa wasn't getting the ball so it was wise to bring him off for someone who could run out of our own area with the ball. Fair enough he wasn't going to do anything with it but just brining it away from the danger area is what we needed. The only other options were bringing Shola or Cisse on only for them to stand up front doing nothing.

Pardew got it right today and as most people who routinely criticise him do, I will admit that and hope for more or the same.  But this post is absolutely dire and is falling into the realms of WUM. Just fully :anguish:

Classic WUM call out just when things don't go in favour of the Pardew haters. What's the wind up? I think people might start to come around to Pardew's new standard of football and start to believe we have a good team at our club who not only are talented but have a character and spirit about them to succeed! Our manager might be poor but he's trying to implement this new style and he's got the players to do so! I said I'd be happy with top 8 with good football and I think we are striving towards that!

Guest Howaythetoon

He is still a shit manager and a fucking fraud who we need to get shot of but err well played the manager he got things apot on pretty much today other rhan Ben Arfa.

Pardew got it right today and as most people who routinely criticise him do, I will admit that and hope for more or the same.  But this post is absolutely dire and is falling into the realms of WUM. Just fully :anguish:

Classic WUM call out just when things don't go in favour of the Pardew haters. What's the wind up? I think people might start to come around to Pardew's new standard of football and start to believe we have a good team at our club who not only are talented but have a character and spirit about them to succeed! Our manager might be poor but he's trying to implement this new style and he's got the players to do so! I said I'd be happy with top 8 with good football and I think we are striving towards that!

No not at all. Haters FFS man.  The wind up is the tone man. People are happy we won, and people have praised him. Is there any need after one game to say stuff like "can't see how they can keep going in the other direction" come on man. I'm all up for positivity but it's just gloating.

we won ?

shit ,missed that, going to have to go back out now to party.

No not at all. Haters FFS man.  The wind up is the tone man. People are happy we won, and people have praised him. Is there any need after one game to say stuff like "can't see how they can keep going in the other direction" come on man. I'm all up for positivity but it's just gloating.

Ignore him, Brohan Cabaye.

This isn't one game, I think we've progressing with each game this season, slowly getting better and better, been hiccups of course but on the whole think it's a slow progression, and I'm very happy with it. That's all I say for now, everyone will see it in their own way but I think we are a growing side going places.

This isn't one game, I think we've progressing with each game this season, slowly getting better and better, been hiccups of course but on the whole think it's a slow progression, and I'm very happy with it. That's all I say for now, everyone will see it in their own way but I think we are a growing side going places.

Like where we should have been a season ago? He did well today though I would draw the line at the last bit.

That's fine, and that's  your opinion. But as I said your first thought was to direct it toward "the haters" and how they can't possibly think any different. Why not just say, "Pards did well, right selection, etc"

It's not directly just Pardew, I feel a lot blinker themselves and dismiss our chances this season simply because of him. It would have taken a lot if them till now just to accept we are trying to play the 'right way', passing football on the deck, I said this before Man City you could see in our friendlies we were looking a lot more controlled even if it wasn't pretty but that's a big reason why I think we are growing, it's a new style and I'm enjoying watching it develop even if it's thrown in dodgy results like Hull at home!

Guest bimpy474

No point in getting too excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending fuck all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those cunts is going to drag us back down.

Guest Haris Vuckic

No point in getting to excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending f*** all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those c***s is going to drag us back down.

This is pretty much the right answer.