Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

I'll wait till Villa/Cardiff/Today type performances are the norm (ie controlled, where we use what we have to good effect and get what we earn)

Consistancy...

No point in getting too excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending f*** all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those c***s is going to drag us back down.

yet most think we actually have a decent group of players... :dontknow:

I'll wait till Villa/Cardiff/Today type performances are the norm (ie controlled, where we use what we have to good effect and get what we earn)

Consistancy...

either that or being able to do it regularly.

(surely I don't need a safety wink there ?)

Guest bimpy474

No point in getting too excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending f*** all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those c***s is going to drag us back down.

We do but it seems like we hit the buffers on getting players on the cheap, and can you see them spending 7's and 8's on a couple.

Which is a massive shame because i believe we're 2 or 3 players away from being very good.

I don't think anyone can really argue otherwise after today, although I'm sure Happy Face and Haris will have a go. What today showed to me was that we have players who can look good against the best in the division if they are properly organised and motivated. But different teams will provide different problems and we'll need to be able to adjust accordingly sometimes.

I don't think I've been unfair in my opinions.

Is there something specific you'd like to point out Bender?

You seemed to think a lot of our players were very over-rated in the last week, something along the lines of they were available cheap for a reason.

What I'd really like is some genuine width in our squad for as much talent as there is in the squad there's still some glaring weaknesses which have cost us. Our "wingers" for the most part like to come central which can make us easy to shut down, don't get me wrong there's talent there but HBA, Marveaux (not convinced he's all that but he's a decent technical player) and Remy all like to come into the centre and its only really Sammy who will try to go out wide and he's still developing.

CB concerns me too as while I do think all 4 have talent to one degree or another we haven't been able to find a good combination which covers all area's. Colo and MYM is probably the most talented on paper but they haven't shown much in the way of handling a physical striker. Taylor and Colo have worked well together but Taylor is unreliable in the sense of fitness and brain dead moments ala City. Williamson and Colo is a steady enough partnership (half of the 5th place season they were the pairing and it worked quite well then) but neither has much pace which can be shown up.

I also remain to be convinced on the ability of our full backs to defend against a genuine wide player, Santon and Debuchy played well today but Liverpool didn't use wingers so less to deal with for them.

A reliable physical striker to offer another option when necessary would be nice too

I don't think anyone can really argue otherwise after today, although I'm sure Happy Face and Haris will have a go. What today showed to me was that we have players who can look good against the best in the division if they are properly organised and motivated. But different teams will provide different problems and we'll need to be able to adjust accordingly sometimes.

This - there are obviously a good number of players with talent in the squad. I reckon that there has been some sort of a change in coaching responsibilities hence the different - and more effective and attractive - style of play. We ARE a couple of players short of being a potential Top 6 side but the main problem is that the squad is lightweight on quality whenever we have injuries to the better players.

Haven't changed my mind about the manager either...I reckon he is allowing the coaching staff to have more influence, possibly Carver.

I know the man is generally clueless, but he was spot on yesterday.

It appears to me that he had gotten hands to Pochettino's notebook of how to play against Liverpool. Pressing up front, and being aggressive to 50/50 duels was superb in first half, as our team looked half-asleep and you were a lot hungrier, closing down space, and being effective on the ball.

Debuchy and Santon were 10 times more disciplined than there 6-0 debacle, and I suspect Pardew ordered them to play like that. His faith in Tiote also worked because IMO he was your best player (that offside mistake aside). Was like watching Tiote of 3 years ago.

Having said that, Rodgers made a baffling tactical decision. The moment you went down to 10 men, he should have removed one of our CBs and replaced them with Sterling/Allen/Alberto ...so we'll have one more body up front or on the wing helping in chance creation. If was baffling that we persisted with 3 CBs against Remy only (who was withdrawn in midfield most second half unless NUFC on the break). Total waste of a player. Not Rodgers' best day...

Great result, hope you win a lot of points from your new few fixtures  :aww: . Come on Pards !!

Come on Pards !!

Brett already did that.

:lol:

like I've mentioned it's not necessarily Pardew I'm giving all the praise too. Yes, his team selection and tactics were spot on however the players went out there and executed it even under the pressure of being a man down, it's them who deserve the praise, they were fantastic! A lot criticised their 2nd half against Cardiff but I saw positives of we wouldn't just roll over and let them get a result which we would have done last season. That's why I don't like judging our group on last year's performances as I thought there were many factors into their downfall and ultimately they were rock bottom and the spirit in the camp was all but gone. Now confidence has been restored, they are expressing themselves more freely, battling for every ball and look like a side who have faith in one another. It's impressive.

He is still a shit manager and a fucking fraud who we need to get shot of but err well played the manager he got things apot on pretty much today other rhan Ben Arfa.

What did he get wrong with Ben arfa? Should have took him off sooner?

I was annoyed he took off cabaye and left Goufran on, who looked fucked.

But I was more annoyed at the people that booed and and chanted "you dunno what ya deein" as we sat on a point against apparent title contenders with minutes to go.

Straw man there. I'd say we have a decent group.  Liverpool aren't the best in the division by any stretch though. Certainly not yesterday, and we clung on valiantly.

All I have said is there is a degree of hyperbole in this thread about our "team full of internationals".

I don't think that I've ever cited 'internationals' as a term of reference, although I believe that when people do they are mentioning on the grounds that because these players have represented their countries to some degree (teams such as argentina, france, senegal, ivory coast etc.) that the manager should be able to get something out of them. He did yesterday and the quality of these players showed, to what degree we can always debate.

Where was that? I heard 'Alan Pardew's black and white army' on a number of occasions.

:snod:

Our support was excellent yesterday. Best it's been in a long time at home.

It was only when he took Cabaye off. Pissed off folk that our goalscorer and assist provider was being replaced.

Straw man there. I'd say we have a decent group.  Liverpool aren't the best in the division by any stretch though. Certainly not yesterday, and we clung on valiantly.

All I have said is there is a degree of hyperbole in this thread about our "team full of internationals".

Where is this hyperbole? If someone said on here that we have a team which should be challenging for a CL spot I must have missed it. What we have asked for is a team with some shape and direction with a game resembling the successful teams in the premier league. You can have shape and direction based on Fat Sam's philosophy as well obviously, but that's not what most of us mean by the term.

Yesterday's football - that's what we want. We have the players, now let's see it delivered consistently.