Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

Can we just stop the bickering for a moment to establish what the fuck the deal is with this littlelunchbox guy? :lol:

You've just made an argument up and claimed it was being used by posters on here, and you can't be arsed to prove it, because you know you can't. Nobody has claimed they want him to remain our manager, let alone for stability reasons.

The only reasons I ever see for keeping Pardew is "stability", "the players/board like him" and "Ashley can't appoint a good manager". I don't recall one person saying we'll actually improve on the pitch if he stays. That should be the first reason people give for him staying as that's the most important thing but alas...

Fair point.

But... last season he was decent. The football was decent too. I know this season has been awful but none of us know which way next season would go under Pardew. We can't know.

Since we can't know what kind of football we'll have until we're playing it, the only stuff that matters are the external factors like stability and relationships in the club.

:lol:

Wow, you found a post where the words Pardew and stability are used in the same sentence. Now point me to the part where said poster says he wants Pardew to stay. At the very most LA seems resigned to Pardew staying.

Guest Howaythetoon

so what is Happy Face and Unbelievable's crack?

they dont like people bad mouthing pardew but they too want him gone?

is that it?

Bad mouth all you like, but I keep my criticisms based upon reality.

Hitler was s***, he killed 6 million jews. Fine by me

Hitler was s***, he killed every jew in the world.  Not quite right.

Did I get the first mention of Hitler in this thread?

So your point would be that Hitler didn't kill all the jews and therefore shouldn't be criticised on that?

You jumped straight into this thread with the big I am look at me with my graphs showing how we play less long balls now bollocks to counter what exactly?

The thousands of people who say we DON'T PLAY FEWER LONG BALLS NOW?

Like the millions of people who say Hitler killed all them jews?!

Mind its quite apt you've brought arguably the second most evil name in this topic into the topic.

Pardew being number 1 villain of course!

:idiot2:

If anyone is of the opinion that the manager should be given more time, do they not support the stability argument by default? Even more so if they're more worried about who the replacement would be than anything else.

And Moyes has been used as an example plenty of times.

If a manager is equipped with all the tools he needs and fails he serves the sack. Pardew will likely see this fate next year....if he's supplied with a good striker/cab.

If a manager has spent the season without the squad to compete. He deserves the chance at another whack.

Stability will not improve Pardews ability.

If anyone is of the opinion that the manager should be given more time, do they not support the stability argument by default? Even more so if they're more worried about who the replacement would be than anything else.

And Moyes has been used as an example plenty of times.

No. The stability argument for me is that stability in itself will lead to improved results over time as opposed to chopping and changing, which is what Dekka and Mike seem to suggest in their statement 8 months ago. As HF has stated, stability follows success, not the other way around.

You've just made an argument up and claimed it was being used by posters on here, and you can't be arsed to prove it, because you know you can't. Nobody has claimed they want him to remain our manager, let alone for stability reasons.

The only reasons I ever see for keeping Pardew is "stability", "the players/board like him" and "Ashley can't appoint a good manager". I don't recall one person saying we'll actually improve on the pitch if he stays. That should be the first reason people give for him staying as that's the most important thing but alas...

Fair point.

But... last season he was decent. The football was decent too. I know this season has been awful but none of us know which way next season would go under Pardew. We can't know.

Since we can't know what kind of football we'll have until we're playing it, the only stuff that matters are the external factors like stability and relationships in the club.

Wow, you found a post where the words Pardew and stability are used in the same sentence. Now point me to the part where said poster says he wants Pardew to stay. At the very most LA seems resigned to Pardew staying.

You're just creating extra conditions in an attempt to weasel out of a couple of utterly moronic comments. I'm not going to sit and read old debates in the effort to keep satisfying these conditions, the fact I searched that out was bad enough :lol:

As Dave said the Moyes argument has been used, as has the Alex Ferguson argument, if you have missed these then fair enough, they have definitely happened though. Of course those people probably didn't really want Pardew to stay like, they were just resigned to it.

Guest icemanblue

Can we just stop the bickering for a moment to establish what the f*** the deal is with this littlelunchbox guy? :lol:

Over compensating, innit.

I don't think he's one of dem forriners, though.

Fair point.

You're just creating extra conditions in an attempt to weasel out of a couple of utterly moronic comments. I'm not going to sit and read old debates in the effort to keep satisfying these conditions, the fact I searched that out was bad enough :lol:

As Dave said the Moyes argument has been used, as has the Alex Ferguson argument, if you have missed these then fair enough, they have definitely happened though. Of course those people probably didn't really want Pardew to stay like, they were just resigned to it.

It's not a new condition. I said nobody has said they wanted Pardew to remain manager for reasons of stability right from the offset. You proved somebody used the word stability though, good on you.

Edit: second part of your post :thup:

Fair point.

The football was decent at times last season but he ditched what worked for us as soon as he could.  The football was also s*** at times last season.

More than shit at times. It's pretty clear a lot of people get blinded by results, and fair enough I guess, but still hate when some say we played very good football last season. It's not true, we finished 5th but we were nowhere near convincing for a big part of that season.

Fair point.

The football was decent at times last season but he ditched what worked for us as soon as he could.  The football was also s*** at times last season.

More than s*** at times. It's pretty clear a lot of people get blinded by results, and fair enough I guess, but still hate when some say we played very good football last season. It's not true, we finished 5th but we were nowhere near convincing for a big part of that season.

I agree with that, but not many teams in the Premiership play consistently good football throughout a season, not even the ones finishing high up on the table.

I say give him longer, mostly because he is the closest any manager got to being a good manager for us over the past 8 years.

He is a damn lot better than Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan (MkII),  Kinnear, Shearer, and a little bit better than Hughton.

Who are these alternatives? Other PL managers that haven't amounted to anything? The next Jacques Santini? Or someone altogether unproven?

It has been a bad season, but the grass isn't always greener.

I say give him longer, mostly because he is the closest any manager got to being a good manager for us over the past 8 years.

He is a damn lot better than Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan (MkII), Shearer, and a little bit better than Hughton.

Who are these alternatives? Other PL managers that haven't amounted to anything? The next Jacques Santini? Or someone altogether unproven?

:suicide:

He is a damn lot better than Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan (MkII),  Kinnear, Shearer, and a little bit better than Hughton.

I disagree with almost all of this but it's all been discussed before so no point going into it.

lets not underestimate Ashley too much, maybe he is currently searching for the right man to replace him.

he replaced CH when no one expected it.. well ok with someone not much better but i assume he was under the impression that Pardew was an improvement.

Fair point.

It's not a new condition. I said nobody has said they wanted Pardew to remain manager for reasons of stability right from the offset. You proved somebody used the word stability though, good on you.

You strawmanned me to fuck to be fair :lol:

You turned "[stability is] the only sane argument that anyone could possibly have for keeping Pardew [and] it has came from posters on here" into "[posters have] claimed they want him to remain our manager, [and] for stability reasons".

I was a victim of being too hasty in my effort to be a clever cunt and looked over that :lol: it fits seamlessly with my original point though.

lets not underestimate Ashley too much, maybe he is currently searching for the right man to replace him.

he replaced CH when no one expected it.. well ok with someone not much better but i assume he was under the impression that Pardew was an improvement.

Better at what? Managing the team or not questionning his authority?

Better at what? Managing the team or not questionning his authority?

can't he have both?  if he finds a new manager.

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

So basically "stability" only counts when it suites the argument.

:lol: :thup:

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anyone could possibly have for keeping Pardew.

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

It has came from posters on here though.

If you're not a believer in stability (I am) then I see little reason why we shouldn't get rid now and try some fresh ideas, if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter, we can just give them the chop and bring in another man.

Try not to respond through the eyes of Mike Ashley, or at least what you perceive his thoughts to be, it's incredibly irritating and ultimately irrelevant to the debate of whether or not Pardew is good enough for our squad.

Which posters have argued Pardew should remain our manager for the sake of stability out of interest?

I honestly cannot be arsed to look back and check usernames and any educated guesses would be unfair, but considering the debate was all about stability a week or so ago I know a few were spouting it.

Again though if stability isn't part of the argument for keeping him in charge then that's another pretty massive reason why he shouldn't be.

You're not serious? ???

EDIT: Hans has already pointed out that you're talking shit.

Guest Dontooner

Personally I'm convinced we can do better than Pardew. However, I don't trust Ashley to get the appointment right at all. Neither do I believe he will want to change manager at this time.

Good day at the forum , being busy at work.

"Unbelievable', i read your post earlier on the managers we employed since Ashley bought over the club.

I see the concerns of his track record but i think Ashley is pretty new in football as well.

I would also like to believe after a steep learning curve, he would be able to make better judgements footballing wise.

I still see Ashley as a beginner learning the ropes of owning a club and making it better.

Don't like Ashley Personally but i think he will try to appoint better if he did decide to sack Pardew...

Still hopeful on my part.