Alan Pardew

Mike

I was saying on TT I like the bloke. Clearly more intelligent than Pardiola.  But his criticism on MOTD rang hollow. He was talking like he'd done so much better coping with europa, when in fact he had just as bad a league run.

The fundamental thing I don't get it is why someone like Ashley and  Llambias who seem to know very little about football would invest so heavily in a football club. For me if I was going to invest millions into anything I'd do extensive research and make sure I know the market inside out, its past, its present where its heading, thus I'd know best how to spend my money, not just employ my mate who's record is questionable.

Anyone who has followed football over the last few years know its now in a transitional period, the old guard of clouters and the physical style of football has been figured out and is becoming obselete, due to the emergence of new young ambitious managers who are alot more knowledgable in terms of tactics and man management; the skill level of a football manager is rising sharpely. Football management is evolving and becoming alot more complex like everything else, and just like evolution its battle of the fittest, if you can't adapt your a goner exemplified by O'Neill or Hughes.

Surely someone who has made millions through using his brain can work out that if your going to buy these technical foreign players you need a technical manager to suit, its not rocket science. Unless English football mentality changes, the only way Newcastle will ever be successful is if we get a foreign manager in charge, a guy who has spent hours reading about the game, and can not only think what his opponent is thinking but what his opponent thinks he is thinking and what his opponent thinks he is thinking about his opponent etc, in essence its becoming a chess game and who can go the deepest in addition to the man management aspects of the job.

The weird thing is due to these technical managers being better they are generally able to work on alot tighter budget which is right up Ashleys street, I just don't get why Ashley is so reckless when it comes to his own money, and just gives jobs to his boys.

Thats the frustrating thing for me and why Ashley and Pardew annoy me so much, we have it, we have everything in place to be at the top competing year in and year out all we need is people at the top who know a little bit about football and are prepared to be initiative and push the boundaries and yet we seem to always be stuck with the village idiots willing to sap money out the club and just take the advertising and TV money.

Its like watching an A* student sitting at the back of the class picking his nose and laughing at James Corden.

Ashley got lucky he isn't that bright...He's more penny pinching shrewd barrowboy type. Football isn't a standard business and paring down costs and watching the finances will only get a club so far (stability and so on...)..To really grow a club takes vision and someone who is really wanting to learn this unique business model...Not sure Ashley is that enamoured with owning a club as he tried to sell it for a couple of years running lest we forget...Still think he's in it for the short to medium term..

McClaren would adopt a weird Geordie accent. Be a laugh.

Got a feeling the amusement factor might have a fairly short shelf life tbh.

For us.

Well yes - and our experience tells us that the club is here to keep the rest of the footballing world amused  :snod:

For us.

Well yes - and our experience tells us that the club is here to keep the rest of the footballing world amused  :snod:

Really did think i'd seen it all when we appointed Kinnear.

Think to describe Ashley as being lucky and not that bright might be underestimating the guy..

IMO there's a difference between shrewd and bright. Not doing due dilligence and hiring Wise and Pards isn't bright by a long shot. he was lucky with the share offer of his company and the then sudden financial crisis which let him buy the shares back cheap and so on...luck. Downing that pint and trying to stand with the supporters and buying drinks says to me he has a nero complex and we all know how that ended up.  :D

Buying good players (brands) on the cheap with an eye to selling them on is basically his sportswear business model in all but name.

Holding out for 35m for Carroll (effectively 3 seasons CL money) shows he is aggressive and has balls, but I'm yet to see a really clever move by him...Unless of course he goes out and gets a Tier One manager in the summer..Then all bets are off. ;)

Think to describe Ashley as being lucky and not that bright might be underestimating the guy..

IMO there's a difference between shrewd and bright. Not doing due dilligence and hiring Wise and Pards isn't bright by a long shot. he was lucky with the share offer of his company and the then sudden financial crisis which let him buy the shares back cheap and so on...luck. Downing that pint and trying to stand with the supporters and buying drinks says to me he has a nero complex and we all know how that ended up.  :D

I think he's a gambler - but you don't build up a a business empire from nothing without being shrewd/bright or whatever word you want to use.

I think he's a gambler - but you don't build up a a business empire from nothing without being shrewd/bright or whatever word you want to use.

I certainly don't underestimate him. But he needs to show me something more and I don't see it right now...I always get the feeling he regrets getting into football club ownership and doesn't really want much to do with it as long as it isn't costing him money anymore and there is a chance of a good return somewhere down the road.

Spurs want a cockney to manage them so when they have agreed how much they are going to pay us we will swap managers.

As if Pardew has any say in transfers out.

For us.

Really did think i'd seen it all when we appointed Kinnear.

I hope to f*ck that you did see it all with that particular appointment. Fwiw I think lessons have been learned.

As if Pardew has any say in transfers out.

True, but I think managers communicate about these matters amongst themselves more than people may think.I was surprised reading about the level of communication between Wenger/Ferguson earlier in the season prior to Van Persie's move.

BKag7klCYAA_7sx.jpg:large

In London today?

Hope the Pardew/AVB(?) sighting isn't Hatem related.

'So Alan, what are your plans for beating Arsenal this weekend?'

'Well I was thinking we could have Tayls hoof some long balls up to Cisse'

'Ok let me stop you right there...'