Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Haris Vuckic

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a c*** in print.

What would you say the key differences between Pardew & Poyet are?

Tactically & on a motivational basis....

Not that Poyet would be my first choice, but I think the differences are obvious:

Hoofball v Football.

How can they hurt us v how can we hurt them.

Back foot football v front foot football.

Defensive v offensive.

Poyet is quite a defensive manager btw...

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Poyet seems to be articulate, have a modicum of intelligence and seems hungry to play positive football at as a high a level as he can achieve. Pardew has displayed little if none of that. Not the choice I would have thought of but if true I feel he would be a positive change. It would certainly help to dispel this anti-foreign rhetoric that Pardew has used to scapegoat his failings. They can all f*** off for all I care but until then I would not sniff at the suggestion of a genuinely promising young manager like Poyet.

And he literally doesn't tolerate shit

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a cunt in print.

You've only seen them twice. :lol:

But I still saw those qualities in the team and that's usually the result of good organisation. Without the coaching they'd look more like us...no movement and then whacking the ball forward to the centre forward who's who's racing to get into the penalty area from the right wing.

Even Allardyce would go all out against a team with the Ameobi brothers and Nile Ranger as the main threat.

Who did Derby have when they won against us in the Premiership?

Guest bimpy474

Poyet isn't defensive in his set up at all, he is rather like Brendan Rodgers in the fact he like possession football. He just lacks something i can't put my finger on. We saw how attacking Liverpool could be at times under Rodgers (as much as it pains me to say it), trying not to judge that on our home game against them as we were awful.

Liverpool were quite attacking toward the end of the season, they still had trouble breaking teams down in certain games. Poyet's is like a poor man's Rodgers, where his teams struggles in the same way and doesn't show as much attacking flair. I guess only one way to find out if it's that he reached a ceiling with Brighton. And to see if can he kick on with a bigger cub, still think there's something not quite there with Poyet.

Cant see Ashley coughing up the compensation just yet, though Pardew will remain a millstone until he does.

Would we be prepared to sacrifice most of the transfer budget for a clean start? All things considered, think I would.

Not that I reckon Poyet is a huge, proven improvement, but I would reckon there is more potential for a successful season, at least something to look forward to, which I'm struggling for at the moment.

Some reason I think Poyet is coming here, have done since the arrival of JFK. Feels like a matter of when for me.

Maybe that is hope I don't know, some kind of rescue of this awful situation.

Some reason I think Poyet is coming here, have done since the arrival of JFK. Feels like a matter of when for me.

Maybe that is hope I don't know, some kind of rescue of this awful situation.

Poyet can fuck off.

Gus Poyet backs Luis Suarez in race row, to surprise of Sir Alex Ferguson

Brighton manager Gus Poyet has offered to testify in court to defend Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Suarez, 24, was charged by the Football Association  on Wednesday with racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra in October.

But Poyet told talkSPORT  : "Luis is not a racist. We use different words and it is a different situation."

Poyet's remarks have been described as "inappropriate" by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 69-year-old would not be drawn on saying anything about the Evra situation, under instructions from the FA, but he was upset with Poyet's comments.

"I'm surprised by Gus Poyet's remarks," Ferguson said. "It's inappropriate at a time when people throughout the world are condemning racism.

"I can understand why he wants to support someone from his country but I think he should think more about it. His criticism of Evra is a bit silly."

Poyet moved to England with Chelsea in 1997 and had a spell with Tottenham before moving into coaching at Swindon and then Leeds.

He believes fellow Uruguayan Suarez needs time to adapt to the cultural differences of playing in the Premier League and feels the English game does not do enough to help foreign players.

He said: "You cannot accuse people without a proper investigation, especially when it's a foreigner who is coming from a different place where we treat people of colour in a different way.

"So it was very easy to accuse someone. Luis Suarez is 100% not a racist.

"Me, I'm not racist. I've lived with people of different colours in different countries and I adapted to every single situation. Suarez needs to adapt to England, and England needs to adapt to the players that come here.

"England needs to understand how the rest of the world lives. If we have that understanding, easy."

Evra made his claims  immediately after the 1-1 draw on 15 October and was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see [suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

But Poyet believes Suarez has no case to answer.

"You are not racist when you go against one, but you are if you go against the whole world of different colour and nationalities. That is being racist, not saying one word in one moment," he added.

"If that's what you want, fair enough. I take it and accept it. I had to behave in a different way because I've been in England for 13 years. So I know what you are like and I adapt to that. Give Suarez another six months and I think he'll be how you want him to be."

Alan Pardew will be the voice of Newcastle United

24 Jun 2013 09:00

Alan Pardew will continue to be the figure who will address fans via all forms of media next season despite Joe Kinnear's arrival at the club

Alan Pardew will continue to be Newcastle United’s public face next season – despite the arrival of Joe Kinnear.

While the club’s new director of football has gone public on a range of issues in the wake of his return to St James’ Park, Pardew will be the man who Newcastle put in front of the cameras before and after matches.

And Pardew will be the figure who will address fans via all forms of media.

This situation was clarified during the pair’s meeting last week in London and rubber-stamped over the weekend by Kinnear.

Kinnear said: “The public face when addressing the supporters via the media will be Alan Pardew.”

Newcastle are also set to stick with the same backroom staff which has served them well during Pardew’s tenure on Tyneside.

Pardew has an incredible amount of faith in assistant boss John Carver and first-team coach Steve Stone.

At the end of last season he said: “John will be here as long as I am at the football club.”

Pardew has also said in the past that with Carver at the club a part of Sir Bobby Robson will live on.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-voice-newcastle-united-4702880?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Is that meant to be a good thing? :lol:

I think it is as far as the other option, I guess the media would much prefer JFK but if we want less of a circus then Pards is the better choice.