Alan Pardew

Mike

From

The Journal

Pardew will today return home wanting to know why director of football Joe Kinnear has failed to complete a single signing.

The manager fully expected at least one, but most likely two deals to be done by now and yet his club remain the only one in the Premier League to have made an addition to their squad.

Pardew will demand to know when, or if, business is going to be completed on the two strikers he has openly admitted the squad needs. This is Kinnear’s remit and he needs to deliver imminently or he will inevitably come under huge pressure from the supporters.

Respected French sports newspaper L’Equipe yesterday revealed Tottenham have enquired about Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis, a player Pardew felt would be a Newcastle player by now.

They believe the London club, who could be about to land a windfall with the sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, have tabled a bid of around �8m for the 27-year-old.

Gomis had made it clear that he wanted a move to Newcastle – with Aston Villa another interested party – but the fear now is Tottenham’s financial muscle would push them into front of the queue for the player.

Jean-Michel Aulas, president of Lyon, made it clear last night he was desperate to sell Gomis.

Speaking on French television, he said: “There have been several attempts made at a transfer; to Rubin Kazan, Istanbul and, more recently, Swansea

“There have been several attempts made at a transfer; to Rubin Kazan, Istanbul and, more recently, Swansea

“If Lyon must lose a lot of money from this deal, then it will.”

Darren Bent also revealed publicly that he was still unsure whether he would be heading north or south to Fulham. An Aston Villa fan on YouTube posted a clip of him admitting as much yesterday.

Both players up until now have made it clear that St James’ Park was their preferred destination.

The mystery is why Kinnear has failed to land either player; instead much of the past week has been focused on trying to persuade Mick Harford to join him as his assistant at the club.

Pardew has made it clear that he is in charge of the team, while Kinnear and club secretary Lee Charnley are responsible for actually signing players.

This is a massive few days for Kinnear, who simply must get at least one transfer over the line. In yesterday’s Journal, Pardew admitted this next few days were vital in terms of signing players as agents realise time is running out to put their men into new clubs.

The fact Pardew has spoken publicly about both Gomis and Bent is a strong indication that he felt confident they would be his – and, of course, that could still be the case.

Right fucktard Kinnear get your finger out  :frantic:

From

The Journal

Pardew will today return home wanting to know why director of football Joe Kinnear has failed to complete a single signing. The manager fully expected at least one, but most likely two deals to be done by now and yet his club remain the only one in the Premier League to have made an addition to their squad.

Pardew will demand to know when, or if, business is going to be completed on the two strikers he has openly admitted the squad needs.

Will he fuck.

From viewing the Liverpool v Melbourne Victory friendly, Ange Postecoglu showed this bloke (ie AP) up.

Man-for-man this A-League outfit shouldn't have been on the same park as Liverpool, yet through organisation (and the implementation of technical-based philosophy) they didn't look all that out of place, even though Liverpool were tuning-up.

Victory linked-up between midfield & attack, midfielders actually ran the channels (didn't leave the forwards isolated in attack) on the counter, and frustrated Liverpool (who were pressing) with passing & movement.

Ange P would make a canny assistant manager in Europe.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/newcastle-uniteds-yoan-gouffran-eyeing-5325488

Pardew said: “I hope to play with two strikers this year more often than not.

“I want competition for those two players.

FFS he said exactly the same last year, and when we started the season 4-4-2 we were shit, the main reason being we have no wingers. Why can't he see it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/newcastle-uniteds-yoan-gouffran-eyeing-5325488

FFS he said exactly the same last year, and when we started the season 4-4-2 we were shit, the main reason being we have no wingers. Why can't he see it.

Jesus man Pards.

FFS he said exactly the same last year, and when we started the season 4-4-2 we were s***, the main reason being we have no wingers. Why can't he see it.

Jesus man Pards.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/68de82cdc2f3e28db4b3d4b07f00b7a4/tumblr_mhcw0k0RtJ1qe2am5o1_250.gif

Guest bimpy474

What worries me is, he seems to think having a couple of new strikers will help and solve our problems, of course it'll help but we create nothing from the wide areas, in fact we hardly create anything from anywhere. That's our main problem and he can have all the strikers he likes, if we don't create anything for them, what's the point.

Get a left winger in you fuckwit.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair he also said he wants to play 4-3-3 more too, sounds like another way to put pressure on JFK. Fwiw i dont think playing two up top more at home is such a bad idea, 24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general.

His competence is highly suspect but given that JFK is here, you can't really blame Pardew for lack of incomings. He does, however, have a duty to at least manage his tactics and formation according to the playing staff we have. As of now, we don't have the wide player(s) for a 442.

Guest bimpy474

To be fair he also said he wants to play 4-3-3 more too, sounds like another way to put pressure on JFK. Fwiw i dont think playing two up top more at home is such a bad idea, 24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general.

4-3-3 is fine with players we have if we say signed Remy, but 4-4-2 is mental with Jonas on one side. We need creativity badly.

4-3-1-2 could work nicely with Ben Arfa in behind 2 forwards but it I couldn't say Pardew playing that. If he does want to play with 2 forwards it seems stupid for us to have already played 3 friendlies using a completely different formation.

Guest bimpy474

4-3-1-2 could work nicely with Ben Arfa in behind 2 forwards but it I couldn't say Pardew playing that. If he does want to play with 2 forwards it seems stupid for us to have already played 3 friendlies using a completely different formation.

That Chronicle piece says he wants to abandon the 4-2-3-1 system, then why play it in the first 3 games. Surely friendlies are where you try your new system. Not as you close in on your first league games. The blokes just an idiot.

I would like to think we could work on at least two different formations before and during the upcoming season. The amount of games last season where we seriously lacked a plan b when things were not going well, was one of our main downfalls.

To be fair when you play long ball/direct, 4-4-2 is the way to go. 

True.

If you have one Tall strong striker and one quick intricate one.  We have neither maybe gouffran as quick one.

Also if you have CMs capable of holding the centre of the park as a pair, and wide players who like to get wide and cross.

I understand where bimpy is coming from. When you had a lack of cohesion like last season, surely the first thing you'll want to work out is Plan A (442) instead of another formation in pre-season. Whatever formation you prefer, get the fundamentals right first and breed familiarity in the system before exploring your other options.