Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Speaking to The Journal , Pardew said: “We have great technicians of a football within our squad. When we finished fifth we kept a lot of games tight and technical.

“That is where we let ourselves down last season. Games got too big, too open.

“That doesn’t suit the players we have. So it’s something we’ve been working on a lot.

“Players such as Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux benefit from working on those tight areas. That’s where they excel.

When was that ?

Is he actually saying we need to keep games tighter, something we did nearly all last season and still conceded 71 goals.

Speaking to The Journal , Pardew said: “We have great technicians of a football within our squad. When we finished fifth we kept a lot of games tight and technical.

“That is where we let ourselves down last season. Games got too big, too open.

“That doesn’t suit the players we have. So it’s something we’ve been working on a lot.

“Players such as Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux benefit from working on those tight areas. That’s where they excel.

When was that ?

Is he actually saying we need to keep games tighter, something we did nearly all last season and still conceded 71 goals.

We concentrated far too much on keeping things tight and ended up wide open as fuck. Need to concentrate on our game rather than opposition in my opinion. Let them worry about us and push them so far back that they are bricking themselves.

I think we need to be organised when not in possession but when we have the ball we have to be ruthless and busting a gut to get at them. Our biggest problems have been that we are pathetic at putting a team to the sword.

I so miss Keegan and Robson like - other managers just don't get it

Guest bimpy474

It would help if Pardew knew what style of football, shape and tempo etc, the team should be playing and are suited to. He hasn't a clue what to do.

Is he not suggesting that perhaps we're not physical enough to handle open, end-to-end type matches? We're more technicians than athletes. Working in tight areas could mean he's looking to force teams into their own half more and we have players that can thrive in less space.

Guest bimpy474

Is he not suggesting that perhaps we're not physical enough to handle open, end-to-end type matches? We're more technicians than athletes. Working in tight areas could mean he's looking to force teams into their own half more and we have players that can thrive in less space.

Tbf he might well be GT, but do you think he has any idea how to do it though ?

Guest reefatoon

The only reason games were so open last season, was because he had our midfielders playing alongside our centre backs and getting them to hoof it as soon as possible to an isolated Cisse three quarters of the pitch away. When he was obviously outnumbered and lost the ball, then the opposition had all that free pitch to move forward into.

The bloke is a fucking muppet.

If we can replicate some of the stuff we played in 11/12 more consistently, I'll be happy, and he obviously has some idea of how to execute that. He's making the right noises at the minute, the big question, for me, isn't about whether he has the ability, it's whether he has the balls.

Guest bimpy474

If we can replicate some of the stuff we played in 11/12 more consistently, I'll be happy, and he obviously has some idea of how to execute that. He's making the right noises at the minute, the big question, for me, isn't about whether he has the ability, it's whether he has the balls.

Yep  :nods:

Guest reefatoon

So he's worked out that we need to play a style of football that suits the technical players we have? The man's a football wizard.

Yet still decided to go route one on Saturday, and churn out his usual shit.

Guest reefatoon

Starting to wonder out of JFK and Pardew, which is the biggest bullshitter.

It really is a hard choice, both have total delusions of grandeur too. . . . . and both are utter cunts.

Guest bimpy474

It really is a hard choice, both have total delusions of grandeur too. . . . . and both are utter cunts.

Aye, plethora of cunts :lol:

So he's worked out that we need to play a style of football that suits the technical players we have? The man's a football wizard.

Yet still decided to go route one on Saturday, and churn out his usual s***.

*Long ball to Gouffran*

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif?1311943181

Guest reefatoon

It really is a hard choice, both have total delusions of grandeur too. . . . . and both are utter c***s.

Aye, plethora of c***s :lol:

:D Totally.  A total cuntfest

tight f***ing spaces?! The amount of teams who bossed the midfield agaisnt us last season just by pressing. What's he watching?

He's watching the 3 players he mentioned. He's not suggesting all of our players are good at it, that's why it's one of our main training focuses at the minute.

Guest reefatoon

tight f***ing spaces?! The amount of teams who bossed the midfield agaisnt us last season just by pressing. What's he watching?

He's watching the 3 players he mentioned. He's not suggesting all of our players are good at it, that's why it's one of our main training focuses at the minute.

Well maybe if he played Marveaux a little more instead of putting fucking Perch in, it wouldn't have been as bad.

Guest bimpy474

Well maybe if he played Marveaux a little more instead of putting fucking Perch in, it wouldn't have been as bad.

See i like this kind of post, it sums him up. Pardew says something and the reality is completely different. The bloke refuses to let the team play and then moans we don't play enough. What a cock.

Well maybe if he played Marveaux a little more instead of putting f***ing Perch in, it wouldn't have been as bad.

See i like this kind of post, it sums him up. Pardew says something and the reality is completely different. The bloke refuses to let the team play and then moans we don't play enough. What a cock.

Pardew's obviously had a re-think over the Summer, he can only be proven a hypocrite on what he's currently saying after he's had his chance.

Guest bimpy474

Well maybe if he played Marveaux a little more instead of putting f***ing Perch in, it wouldn't have been as bad.

Pardew's obviously had a re-think over the Summer, he can only be proven a hypocrite on what he's currently saying after he's had his chance.

True, doesn't explain playing hoofball in the friendly the other night though, of all the times to try something different it's then. He knows no other football, direct unlikable, percentage ugly, whatever you call it. He's a poor Fat Sam.

It appears I may have misconstrued those quotes. However I'm not sure what he's really getting at. Games got too big and open? Why was that? It certainly wasn't down to the expansive attacking game we were playing. We do need to work on pressing opposition teams more. If that's what he means by tightness then its a step forward.

If he is seriously looking at the team and its weaknesses then great. My hunch is that he has always been s*** scared of losing the fans and being hounded out of the club. I think that's why he went so conservative last season despite it being detrimental to the team. You'll have to forgive me for treating what he says as cliché ridden nonsense but we have been here before with him.

True, but he has previous for talking shit as we all know so its natural for people to be sceptical. He can only prove the truth of his words by what the players do on the football pitch. So far we have had a floated long ball to Gouffran. I know its a friendly but until the season starts that's all we can go on.

True, doesn't explain playing hoofball in the friendly the other night though, of all the times to try something different it's then. He knows no other football, direct unlikable, percentage ugly, whatever you call it. He's a poor Fat Sam.

It would seem illogical to me that he would set up to play passing football one match and then the antithesis the next. It may have possibly been other factors not in his control. I understand your frustration and where you're coming from but, personally, I'm prepared to give him a little bit more of a chance to see what he comes up with.

Guest bimpy474

It would seem illogical to me that he would set up to play passing football one match and then the antithesis the next. It may have possibly been other factors not in his control. I understand your frustration and where you're coming from but, personally, I'm prepared to give him a little bit more of a chance to see what he comes up with.

While i'd prefer not to see him get that chance, i will have to reluctantly as he's not going anywhere. Despite hating the shite football he gives us, i hope he proves me wrong, team comes first.