Alan Pardew

Mike

I do wonder partly why people choose to be so miserable like, i understand it feels like some unshakeable reality to many that our manager is shocking but he was here in our good season also. It may be very naive of me but im looking forward to this new season, it may turn out we play really poorly again but ive no idea what good it is to mentally prepare myself for this by expecting & moaning about it months to then weeks before we see it happen. Id much rather feel naively optimistic & have that challenged if and when it actually clearly goes wrong.

There are many reasons to believe this season may go better than the last, im sure we can all imagine them. Why not do it, what does negativity achieve?

I do wonder partly why people choose to be so miserable like, i understand it feels like some unshakeable reality to many that our manager is shocking but he was here in our good season also. It may be very naive of me but im looking forward to this new season, it may turn out we play really poorly again but ive no idea what good it is to mentally prepare myself for this by expecting & moaning about it months to then weeks before we see it happen. Id much rather feel naively optimistic & have that challenged if and when it actually clearly goes wrong.

There are many reasons to believe this season may go better than the last, im sure we can all imagine them. Why not do it, what does negativity achieve?

like can it get any worse?

There are , im sure we can all imagine them. Why not do it, what does negativity achieve?

"He was here in our good season."  :lol:  The good season was poor for large parts, it was only the last few games where we started to play some decent stuff more regularly.  Other than results, the good season wasn't really that good at all.

List the "many reasons to believe this season may go better than the last."

There's a lot of people wasting a lot of time typing the same stuff over and over now. Just accept he's not very good and wait for him to get sacked like I am.

If we took this stance with everything NUFC, there'd be no point in having the forum :lol:

"You've all got the same views so shut up"

There are , im sure we can all imagine them. Why not do it, what does negativity achieve?

"He was here in our good season."  :lol:  The good season was poor for large parts, it was only the last few games where we started to play some decent stuff more regularly.  Other than results, the good season wasn't really that good at all.

List the "many reasons to believe this season may go better than the last."

I can answer but im not sure what challenging what im saying achieves for you as i say. Why do you want to prove your negativity before it happens?

I can imagine that many of our players are quality, who hopefully will have a stronger desire to prove themselves following last season with a fresh start & a world cup coming up. I think confidence affects a lot & a break will have helped them.  I think Pardew has many faults but is a solid defensive coach who didnt deal with the disruptions caused by extra games last season for whatever reason.

The only season we experienced without that disruption his preperation lead to us breaking defensive records (As boring as that whole mindset may be to many). I also think that this worked very well for us when we had individual ability going forwards & Remy + hopefully more signings will help that when fit.

I think we had many injuries & hope that hiring Faye/this season will help that cause & allow us to keep our best players together for prolonged periods to learn. I like seeing Debuchy going through on goal several times, i like that ive seen several corners where we actually appear dangerous in highlights. I like lots of stuff & ive seen other stuff to moan about. I get to choose which to believe at this point though, as it hasnt happened yet.

There's a lot of people wasting a lot of time typing the same stuff over and over now. Just accept he's not very good and wait for him to get sacked like I am.

If we took this stance with everything NUFC, there'd be no point in having the forum :lol:

I knew someone would do this and it's as hilarious as I hoped it would be.

It's more than people are saying exactly the same thing they've been saying for the last 3+ months but whatever.

It's more than people are saying exactly the same thing they've been saying for the last 3+ months but whatever.

:p

I think it's realism more than negativity for the sake of it. Everyone wants to be positive about NUFC but there is little reason to be

I don't remember choosing to be negative about anything ever :lol:

Really? Im sure everyones had conversations involving people picking you up by reminding you of positives you may have been ignoring due to a focus on things going wrong. Obviously people can learn to do that for themselves, changing an outlook etc

:p

I've barely said anything about his managerial ability for months :smug:

I can answer but im not sure what challenging what im saying achieves for you as i say. Why do you want to prove your negativity before it happens?

I can imagine that many of our players are quality, who hopefully will have a stronger desire to prove themselves following last season with a fresh start & a world cup coming up. I think confidence affects a lot & a break will have helped them.  I think Pardew has many faults but is a solid defensive coach who didnt deal with the disruptions caused by extra games last season for whatever reason.

The only season we experienced without that disruption his preperation lead to us breaking defensive records (As boring as that whole mindset may be to many). I also think that this worked very well for us when we had individual ability going forwards & Remy + hopefully more signings will help that when fit.

I think we had many injuries & hope that hiring Faye/this season will help that cause & allow us to keep our best players together for prolonged periods to learn. I like seeing Debuchy going through on goal several times, i like that ive seen several corners where we actually appear dangerous in highlights. I like lots of stuff & ive seen other stuff to moan about. I get to choose which to believe at this point though, as it hasnt happened yet.

All of that and you could have cut it to us relying on the players.

Yeah if that was the single point id made. Cheer up mick man  :lol:

Sorry, I didn't think that "The only season we experienced without that disruption his preperation lead to us breaking defensive records" was even worth commenting on.  We had our best goals against figures for 5 years, 4 seasons but only if you take away our Championship season, brilliant. 

Guest Dontooner

Yeah if that was the single point id made. Cheer up mick man  :lol:

Sorry, I didn't think that "The only season we experienced without that disruption his preperation lead to us breaking defensive records" was even worth commenting on.  We had our best goals against figures for 5 years, 4 seasons but only if you take away our Championship season, brilliant. 

Not like Pardew hasn't broken other records last season. That is the problem with being optimistic only, i am not a negative person by nature. However my standards for proof of factual positive improvement is far higher than hope.

Guest bimpy474

For the first part of the season we held the best defensive record in all of England with a defense of Colo, Taylor/williamson, Raylor & Simpson. We ended up with more clean sheets in a premier league season that we've ever managed before with the same list of players.

Not worthy of comment atall like.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias

Nearly two season ago, Pardew's past record tells you things go wrong the longer he's in a job.

And i go by the results and performances of last season, the most recent are the benchmark and it's been a steady downhill trend.

For the first part of the season we held the best defensive record in all of England with a defense of Colo, Taylor/williamson, Raylor & Simpson. We ended up with more clean sheets in a premier league season that we've ever managed before with the same list of players.

Nearly two season ago, Pardew's past record tells you things go wrong the longer he's in a job.

And i go by the results and performances of last season, the most recent are the benchmark and it's been a steady downhill trend.

Surely we go off pre season then, 1 defeat in 7  :shifty:

Guest Dontooner

Many of our decade preserving negative records were broken by him last year. His negative records outweights his 5th place finish and defensive record.

That early season run of games was one of the easiest sets of fixtures we could have asked for.  The only team I remember us playing who were any good were Arsenal who were having a terrible start to the season.

Guest bimpy474

Standard of opposition and performances tell you we aren't exactly playing well.

Standard of opposition and performances tell you we aren't exactly playing well.

Dont worry dude, I was just fucking about.

Guest bimpy474

Dont worry dude, I was just fucking about.

I know but i was trying to be serious for a change, it's no good i just can't :lol: