Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

He'll get 10 games.  Mind the fans will be on his back if we get a thumping at city.

I would have thought most people already know this is inevitable, don't they?

If you say so.

Why couldn't we have ended up with Laudrup?    :sad:

Because he would be unwilling to work with the caveat that he's not allowed to question anything Mike Ashley says or does. He has:

(1) A spine

(2) A vision for development

(3) Integrity

(4) An understanding of the need to spend money

All 4 things can't be achieved with Ashley in charge, and he will only appoint a yes man. This, in a nutshell, is why we hired Pardew, why we still have Pardew and why we will continue to have Pardew as long as he can keep us ticking over in the league.

Guest bimpy474

Why couldn't we have ended up with Laudrup?    :sad:

Because he would be unwilling to work with the caveat that he's not allowed to question anything Mike Ashley says or does. He has:

(1) A spine

(2) A vision for development

(3) Integrity

(4) An understanding of the need to spend money

All 4 things can't be achieved with Ashley in charge, and he will only appoint a yes man. This, in a nutshell, is why we hired Pardew, why we still have Pardew and why we will continue to have Pardew as long as he can keep us ticking over in the league.

I'd have thought Ashley would have loved him, Laudrup has picked up some cracking player for virtually fuck all. Bony's price aside. Spending money this is about only, obviously.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-want-two-men-fighting-2132361

"There are no excuses this year," he said. "The guys are in great condition. Their levels have been very high. We have worked very, very hard and have got everyone back fit now.

"Everyone is looking forward to the opener against Manchester City. It is on a Monday night and there will be hundreds of millions watching.

"We must start well. Our performance levels need to be the highest.

"If we had a bigger group last year, maybe we would have had a bit more intensity in the group.

"Mistakes were made last season. You need to be honest enough to admit them and look at when and why they were made.

“I also think that the Thursday-Sunday scenario [Premier League matches had to be put back 24 hours because of playing in the Europa League] took away from a lot of the good work we were doing on the training ground because we didn’t have enough time to recover.

“I think you see Jonas Gutierrez’s point that training last year was probably a bit too easy.

“A lot of that was down to recovery. It was difficult to get in the amount of work we were doing the year before.

“We didn’t purchase enough players in the summer to carry us through two programmes. We took injuries on board when those two competitions were running parallel and that impacted on us massively when we were moving towards Christmas and we got ourselves into a bad situation.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-want-two-men-fighting-2132361

"There are no excuses this year," he said. "The guys are in great condition. Their levels have been very high. We have worked very, very hard and have got everyone back fit now.

"Everyone is looking forward to the opener against Manchester City. It is on a Monday night and there will be hundreds of millions watching.

"If we had a bigger group last year, maybe we would have had a bit more intensity in the group.

"Mistakes were made last season. You need to be honest enough to admit them and look at when and why they were made.

“I also think that the Thursday-Sunday scenario [Premier League matches had to be put back 24 hours because of playing in the Europa League] took away from a lot of the good work we were doing on the training ground because we didn’t have enough time to recover.

“I think you see Jonas Gutierrez’s point that training last year was probably a bit too easy.

“A lot of that was down to recovery. It was difficult to get in the amount of work we were doing the year before.

“We didn’t purchase enough players in the summer to carry us through two programmes. We took injuries on board when those two competitions were running parallel and that impacted on us massively when we were moving towards Christmas and we got ourselves into a bad situation.”

Well at least he's not making excuses for last season.

Guest bimpy474

But we got knocked out of both cups early. We kept changing nearly all 11 players for the Europa games. They are excuses, you could say lies if you were hyper critical.

Please stop quoting the prick, we've seen it all before.

"You need to be honest enough to admit them and look at when and why they were made"

That would be a start you useless prick.  Once you realise your tactics are shit, you need to change them. Cunt.  Doing the same shit now as you were last season. Wanker.

If we do get the targets we are after we will have 2 players for every position and mostly quality ones.

The excuses are slowly running out, although i'm sure he will find a way to trot out the same old lines and the masses will lap it up.

Guest bimpy474

Did Pardew experience Europe as a player or manager before last season?

Once with West Ham, they got knocked out by Palermo. The season Krul made his debut against Palermo.

Once with West Ham, they got knocked out by Palermo. The season Krul made his debut against Palermo.

FA cup runners up? So he had one two legged experience of Europe before this then?

I cant stand the prick. I cant remember the last time when he tactically dominated an opposition manager. Must be Stoke, the season before last.

People love bringing that game up. It was a shocking Stoke side with fuck all to play for.

Guest bimpy474

FA cup runners up? So he had one two legged experience of Europe before this then?

I think so, i'm unsure if they played a qualifying tie before the Palermo game.