Alan Pardew

Mike

As promised, I'll be advocating sacking this chap if we don't see an upturn in performances between now and January. I'm a big fan of sticking with managers through shitty patches and giving them time and support, and that is what he has now had. At the wildest stretch I could just about take giving him another window, if this one doesn't go well, but really... Christmas. I live in hope. That said, any discernible upturn in performances and I'd go straight back to being a continuity nut.

Surely we have to admit now that he isn't going through a s*** patch. He has now spent more time being shitty than good, so if anything he had a purple patch. All the shitness is just the norm.

As promised, I'll be advocating sacking this chap if we don't see an upturn in performances between now and January. I'm a big fan of sticking with managers through shitty patches and giving them time and support, and that is what he has now had. At the wildest stretch I could just about take giving him another window, if this one doesn't go well, but really... Christmas. I live in hope. That said, any discernible upturn in performances and I'd go straight back to being a continuity nut.

i'm kind of with you. in my mind we have an unabalanced side, remy and maybe one other should remedy that, then he has a decent,balanced squad so no excuses.

i'm kind of with you. in my mind we have an unabalanced side, remy and maybe one other should remedy that, then he has a decent,balanced squad so no excuses.

Don't agree. Squad has been balanced at times, he's chosen not to use it correctly by playing players out of position and not to their strengths. No matter who has played for us let alone who we've come up against: it's been the same pattern, lack of ideas and static hoofing crap game after game.

We've lost 21 games since november. Managers with access to far less balanced squads do better. With all the time he's been given, it's beyond inexcusable to still serve up this shit. We've had nothing but poor performances since the start of last season bar the odd half here and there. Even then we've regressed to the negative safety-first-approach for parts of the games. First half against Villa in February and the Chelsea game apart, I can't think of being satisfied with the way we've played since the win against Bordeaux. Even that game was precedented with a couple of horrible showings, Reading away springs to mind.

If we get Gomis and Remy back there's nothing to blame in the playing staff. We have more than enough to compete.

And if they get injured, we're back to having a good excuse to continue losing?

No good manager is so heavily reliant on having their whole squad fit, because squads very rarely tend to have no injury problems.

Scratch that, make that 'no acceptable manager'.

He's had two-odd years to impose his footballing philosophy on the squad as a whole, to ensure changes to personnel (for whatever reason) don't disrupt our rhythm as a whole, and in this respect he's been successful - we're turgid no matter what! :razz:

If we get Gomis and Remy back there's nothing to blame in the playing staff. We have more than enough to compete.

And if they get injured, we're back to having a good excuse to continue losing?

No good manager is so heavily reliant on having their whole squad fit, because squads very rarely tend to have no injury problems.

Scratch that, make that 'no acceptable manager'.

He's had two-odd years to impose his footballing philosophy on the squad as a whole, to ensure changes to personnel (for whatever reason) don't disrupt our rhythm as a whole, and in this respect he's been successful - we're turgid no matter what! :razz:

Nah I know, I'm not saying he should need to have the whole team fit at once.

I still want Paindew sacked...one awful preformance, spunky win v a 4th division side changes f*** all.

Wouldn't say you should be changing your opinion yet but just at least gather some positivity from somewhere and hope things can change and in time you might not want him sacked, obviously nobody expects that to change just after last nights win.

Guest firetotheworks

This is how bad it's got: I thought about how losing might have nudged him closer to the sack, then I remembered that he's probably still nowhere near the sack, Ashley doesn't give a shit about the cups and that I'd be in a position where I wouldn't care about us losing. I'd rather we went for it in the cups tbh, it's not like it would effect our form any way.

If we had an owner that cared about things like losing to lower league opposition, I may have been tempted to take us losing if it meant getting rid of him. As insane and shameful as that is. I don't think I could willingly want it, but I'd accept it.

Guest bimpy474

This is how bad it's got: I thought about how losing might have nudged him closer to the sack, then I remembered that he's probably still nowhere near the sack, Ashley doesn't give a shit about the cups and that I'd be in a position where I wouldn't care about us losing. I'd rather we went for it in the cups tbh, it's not like it would effect our form any way.

If we had an owner that cared about things like losing to lower league opposition, I may have been tempted to take us losing if it meant getting rid of him. As insane and shameful as that is. I don't think I could willingly want it, but I'd accept it.

I was always under the impression that one of the reasons behind Chris Hughton's sacking was his poor performance in the cup, Ashley being very angry with the 0-4 against Arsenal in the League Cup. No idea what Ashley thinks now about the cups. For me I think Ashley doesn't care about us at all anymore, other than it not costing him money.

Guest firetotheworks

This is how bad it's got: I thought about how losing might have nudged him closer to the sack, then I remembered that he's probably still nowhere near the sack, Ashley doesn't give a s*** about the cups and that I'd be in a position where I wouldn't care about us losing. I'd rather we went for it in the cups tbh, it's not like it would effect our form any way.

I was always under the impression that one of the reasons behind Chris Hughton's sacking was his poor performance in the cup, Ashley being very angry with the 0-4 against Arsenal in the League Cup. No idea what Ashley thinks now about the cups. For me I think Ashley doesn't care about us at all anymore, other than it not costing him money.

I don't believe that either of those things are true, but then who's to really know? I've heard from a fair few places that Ashley doesn't care about the cups, including the Europa League. The whole thing with Hughton seemed to be a personal thing and a fair few people have said that Ashley sacked him for not being able to get the players to sign their Sports Direct style contracts.