Alan Pardew

Mike

This statement reminds me of the Llambias statement welcoming JFK to the club. Llambias quit the day after that statement was put out.

:lol:

A part of me feels that Pardew was only aware of the statement for the first time, along with the rest of us.

The dope.

I know it's all bullshit anyway so shouldn't be analyzed but this line annoys me: -

"However, some of the options available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had. There is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward."

Were we looking at shit targets, or could the club, Graham , Joe and Alan not identify a single player within our budget that would have improved us? I know it's a bullshit excuse but it's such a shit one why even make it?

what it says to me is no money to buy sell to buy basis and we'd buy shitter cheaper versions anyway.

Another curious line is the mention of the january signings, sly dig at JFK since he obviously wasn't here to screw things up

you would hope this would mean the end of any more pathetic "alan pardew's black and white army" or "pardew gizza wave" chants. he should get as much stick as JFK or Ashley. he could have just kept his mouth shut.

Thing is as much as I hate Pardew, if he walked/was sacked today I think we're relegated.

It would be a direct copy of 2008 all over again. Squad that should be good enough to at least finish somewhere between 10th-14th at the bare minimum would be plunged into chaos once more due to the owners utter incompetence. Kinnear would step in to "steady the ship" He would tell tales again of how Mike was selling the club and how Alan Shearer would be coming back and Kevin Keegan.

Meanwhile we plummet down the league. Kinnear eventually dies or at least cannot medically carry on so Beardsley steps in to save the day. Ben Arfa, Krul and Cabaye get shifted in January and we eventually go down with a whimper.

As much as I am currently fed up of the club, it's more out of boredom and depression in that this is as good as it will get as we are showing no ambition.

But bizarrely it seems most of the players still have some sort of connection with Pardew and barring any major injuries I think he could just about see us through this season to safety. Although it will be a dull,depressing experience.

So what I'm saying is I think Pardew stays then we remain the same. Maybe slightly improved on last season who knows but if he goes I can only see one real scenario playing out and that is utter 2008-style chaos.

:undecided:

Thing is as much as I hate Pardew, if he walked/was sacked today I think we're relegated.

It would be a direct copy of 2008 all over again. Squad that should be good enough to at least finish somewhere between 10th-14th at the bare minimum would be plunged into chaos once more due to the owners utter incompetence. Kinnear would step in to "steady the ship" He would tell tales again of how Mike was selling the club and how Alan Shearer would be coming back and Kevin Keegan.

Meanwhile we plummet down the league. Kinnear eventually dies or at least cannot medically carry on so Beardsley steps in to save the day. Ben Arfa, Krul and Cabaye get shifted in January and we eventually go down with a whimper.

As much as I am currently fed up of the club, it's more out of boredom and depression in that this is as good as it will get as we are showing no ambition.

But bizarrely it seems most of the players still have some sort of connection with Pardew and barring any major injuries I think he could just about see us through this season to safety. Although it will be a dull,depressing experience.

So what I'm saying is I think Pardew stays then we remain the same. Maybe slightly improved on last season who knows but if he goes I can only see one real scenario playing out and that is utter 2008-style chaos.

:undecided:

Im abit "meh" whatever happens, happens. The fans are takin into account of the goings on.

That statement is missing something.......

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind....except for me. I'll still be picking Jonas and Tiote when they're fit, starting Shola when I can justify it, and sending the lads out to keep it tight and possibly nick one if someone does something mint.

Enjoy the season!"

you would hope this would mean the end of any more pathetic "alan pardew's black and white army" or "pardew gizza wave" chants. he should get as much stick as JFK or Ashley. he could have just kept his mouth shut.

Agreed this statement proves what many have said before, he will say/do whatever Ashley wants him to.

I have said on numerous occasions that I thought he got some unfair stick (well deserved MOST of the time)

But to come out with this shit is a disgrace..

Think it will take a lot to get rid of Ashley but getting this tool out is a step in the right direction..

Going to be amongst our away fans for the first time against Villa. Please tell me our away support aren't ultra pro-pardew? I'm assuming they're the opposite with the shite they've been served up for most of our away games for the last few years?

That statement is missing something.......

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind....except for me. I'll still be picking Jonas and Tiote when they're fit, starting Shola when I can justify it, and sending the lads out to keep it tight and possibly nick one if someone does something mint.

Enjoy the season!"

The only thing I want to hear from the fraud is "I resign."

Redmond cost £2m rising to £3.2m and I guess will be on about £20k a week.

We couldn't afford that? Seriously? :lol:

Is that how the loan fees work? we pay a one off sum and no wages? is that the case with Remy?

We couldn't afford £3million for Ba (with no wages) so we definitely couldn't afford £3.2million + 20k a week ffs, you animal.

10 years ago I would have been apoplectic.  Now I'm just numb to it. 

This seems to be the problem, everyone is at the moment. Shite state of affairs!

Agreed, man.  But when a club I support for entertainment resembles the shit that pisses me off about the real world, then where is the diversion?  In fact, the whole sporting world has soured me.

Guest Bert Shaft

I see Pardew or the club have used the "we did most of our business in January" line.

Pardew knows as well as the rest of us that last January's signings should have been made last summer given we were due to be playing in Europe. I ain,t buying the we bought in January sh*te they are feeding us.

No one was asking for a bucketful of signings like some clubs have done, just 2 or 3 decent players to improve our team/squad.

IMO Pardew knew damn well that nobody was coming in and in his interview he lies through his teeth to the fans on behalf of fatty. Not for the first time either. He ain't one of us and never will be.