Alan Pardew

Mike

Whats impressed me more is the fact barring one braindead moment for their goal the defence coped very well with a very good striker in Benteke and has since City looked quite solid despite me being rather skeptical about the ability of MYM and Colo as a pairing.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll say one thing for him today, that pressing play which helped us so much in the 5th place season, looked to be back against Villa and it doesn't half help. We have quick footed players, players with quick minds too. If we press and press we can nick the ball and turn the play over very quickly which should see lots of space and gaps and that showed today. Ben Arfa 1v1 constantly, Remy, Sissoko and even Cisse too. Same old sitting deep tactics second half mind.

It shows how bad he is when he's praised for getting the most basic of basics right, picking the correct team.  Especially when most would have picked that team a year ago other then Remy who wasn't here then.  :lol:

It shows how bad he is when he's praised for getting the most basic of basics right, picking the correct team.  Especially when most would have picked that team a year ago other then Remy who wasn't here then.  :lol:

So true. He's had the balls to drop Tiote, now he needs to do it with Cisse though. Whether Cisse or Gouffran starts next match will be the leveller for me if it was a fluke or a sign of better things to come.

Picked the correct team and made decent changes. Well done.

Despite apparently coaching all the technique out of our players, we looked very threatening going forward. If we are lucky with injuries, this season will be canny.

Who has said this?

Eh? Many people on here have claimed that Pardew has ruined our technical players and coached the quality out of them. Can't be arsed to gan search for all the shite that has been spouted.

Just happy we looked good, passed it about and were positive going forward. Bodes well.