Alan Pardew

Mike

It shows how bad he is when he's praised for getting the most basic of basics right, picking the correct team.  Especially when most would have picked that team a year ago other then Remy who wasn't here then.  :lol:

Half the players weren't here a year ago man.

It's lose-lose with the likes of you. Things looks promising on the pitch. Be happy.

Picked the correct team and made decent changes. Well done.

Despite apparently coaching all the technique out of our players, we looked very threatening going forward. If we are lucky with injuries, this season will be canny.

Who has said this?

Eh? Many people on here have claimed that Pardew has ruined our technical players and coached the quality out of them. Can't be arsed to gan search for all the shite that has been spouted.

Just happy we looked good, passed it about and were positive going forward. Bodes well. 

It's the technical qualities of our individual players that have constantly pulled us out of the shit so that's weird tbh, I've genuinely missed that if has been said.

The same players have looked stifled in the past like, played with a bit of freedom today though, was good to watch.

He's picked the team he has because Jonas and Tiote got injured in fairness. I'm not saying it ends there, and he does deserve credit today for sending them out with the right attitude, but let's not reinvent what's lead to that XI being out there :lol:

I still wonder if Obertan hadn't got injured, whether HBA wouldn't be starting :laugh: I'm not complaining today anyway. As long as he doesn't change it back the next game.

Got a lot more right today than he has before but still, Aston Villa looked absolutely horrible and without Bentekes hold up play they'd be nowhere. Cisse didn't really help Pardew though.

I thought we made them look horrible and he deserves some credit for that.

Guest bimpy474

Tempted to start an Alan Pardew apology thread! Since his excuse one seems to have taken off...

:lol: Well tbf 1 game + 20 mins does size up against a whole season.

I'm looking forward to you posting more of these as we go along, means were winning  O0

Got a lot more right today than he has before but still, Aston Villa looked absolutely horrible and without Bentekes hold up play they'd be nowhere. Cisse didn't really help Pardew though.

Oh absolutely, I'm not taking anything away from the team, I'm just saying it's a step in the right direction but we're nowhere near the level we should be at.

Guest icemanblue

It shows how bad he is when he's praised for getting the most basic of basics right, picking the correct team.  Especially when most would have picked that team a year ago other then Remy who wasn't here then.  :lol:

Still had to make them play, right? That's what was being said before the game.

Can't fault him today. Subs were spot on, too. I grimaced when Tiote was coming on, but he broke up play well and generally disrupted a midfield that was starting to get the upper hand. Glad he's found his horrible cockney balls. Bet they smell of jellied eels.

Still had to make them play, right? That's what was being said before the game.

Can't fault him today. Subs were spot on, too. I grimaced when Tiote was coming on, but he broke up play well and generally disrupted a midfield that was starting to get the upper hand. Glad he's found his horrible cockney balls. Bet they smell of jellied eels.

I don't think anybody is faulting him for today.

Oh absolutely, I'm not taking anything away from the team, I'm just saying it's a step in the right direction but we're nowhere near the level we should be at.

What level are you expecting of this squad?

Picked the correct team and made decent changes. Well done.

Despite apparently coaching all the technique out of our players, we looked very threatening going forward. If we are lucky with injuries, this season will be canny.

Who has said this?

Eh? Many people on here have claimed that Pardew has ruined our technical players and coached the quality out of them. Can't be arsed to gan search for all the shite that has been spouted.

Just happy we looked good, passed it about and were positive going forward. Bodes well. 

It's the technical qualities of our individual players that have constantly pulled us out of the shit so that's weird tbh, I've genuinely missed that if has been said.

The same players have looked stifled in the past like, played with a bit of freedom today though, was good to watch.

Anaa it's weird, there's some right dafties on here.

From this squad? Considering we have better players than the season we finished 5th I'd say realistically top 9. Competing with Everton behind the top 6-7 clubs.

Guest icemanblue

Whisper it, but we've had a good start to the season, for me. Regained some solidity in defence, and now we're starting to play a bit. Hope he keeps it up.

Whisper it, but we've had a good start to the season, for me. Regained some solidity in defence, and now we're starting to play a bit. Hope he keeps it up.

Point wise yes. But we had two horrible performances to City and West Ham. We certainly look better. But that's down to being forced to not play Jonas due to injury. Wait until he's back ;)

From this squad? Considering we have better players than the season we finished 5th I'd say realistically top 9. Competing with Everton behind the top 6-7 clubs.

And you think we are nowhere near that level (finishing 7-9th) this season? I don't think we're that far off really, and the thing that would stop us getting there is not Pardew imho, but similar to last year, injuries hitting the first team.

Absolute travesty we couldn't get a few more players in over the summer.

:thup:

Would have taken 7 points from the first 4 at the start of the season and the fact we're starting to play canny football is obviously a plus.

For a team who have a very good chance of going down according to some, it's miraculous stuff. Long may it continue.

well apart from getting thrashed by Man City, who look pretty shit so far when people actually stand up and have a go at them.

And you think we are nowhere near that level (finishing 7-9th) this season? I don't think we're that far off really, and the thing that would stop us getting there is not Pardew imho, but similar to last year, injuries hitting the first team.

Absolute travesty we couldn't get a few more players in over the summer.

Football is a fickle game. Beating Fulham at home with a last minute goal and then another late winner to Villa shows improvement it doesn't show much more than that at the moment. I don't see us as a top 8 team at the moment. I think we still lack a bit and rely to much on Ben Arfa. Maybe I'm just hard to please, but people are getting way ahead of themselves.

With that said we definitely have a squad capable of a top 8 finish.