Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew gets credit from me (surprise surprise etc) for ending up with the right XI eventually. Although he has been helped by injuries to Jonas/Taylor etc, he seems to have picked up some faith that the likes of Anita and Mapou are the best option. Now lets see how long he can stay the course.

Without a doubt, Taylor/Tiote/Jonas being out at the same time was a blessing although i'm fairly certain Taylor/Jonas wouldn't be in regardless. Still fancy Tiote to creep back into the side at some point but no way is Remy/Mym coming out for the other two. Pardew hasn't even been giving enough praise for which deserves for how well he has actually utilised Ben Arfa and got him playing some of the best football of his career, really think the way he has handled Ben Arfa here has been superb.

See, I don't get this idea that he's just twigged or got lucky with the team due to injuries.

He's been after a starting central defender which was always likely to see Taylor as the one benched. His priority has been to get Remy in for a while, and this summer also one more for the left/up front to push/push out Jonas. He love Tiote, and I do too, and yes, he will play a lot this season, but he has also consistently said that this year will be Anitas year, someone we have invested in heavily.

He has also consistently said that this is the kind of football he wants to see. Here I can't defend him as much, not least because I don't find it easy to see him as the greatest of managers, but also because it seems that as as soon as things go against us, whether that be injuries, fatigue, no signings, or f*** knows what else he gets panicked and thinks safety first. But that's not to say he hasn't always been aiming for this kind of team. I think he has.

I've said that all along, sure i could drag my quotes up over the summer where i said he wants possession football and played in a positive way but i got shot down on here for it because he only knew hoof ball. Taylor has always been a problem here, MYM is a class above, Taylor won't be in anytime soon, i know for a fact Jonas won't be getting anywhere near the starts he had when we are fully fit, he's got a squad role this season. Agree with it being a big year for Anita but still feel overtime Tiote might come back into the side but we shall see. Pardew has always wanted someone to replace Ba in that left role and now he's got his man in Remy. All in all though things are looking glaringly positive for us and our future is now looking a lot brighter.

Pardew gets credit from me (surprise surprise etc) for ending up with the right XI eventually. Although he has been helped by injuries to Jonas/Taylor etc, he seems to have picked up some faith that the likes of Anita and Mapou are the best option. Now lets see how long he can stay the course.

Without a doubt, Taylor/Tiote/Jonas being out at the same time was a blessing although i'm fairly certain Taylor/Jonas wouldn't be in regardless. Still fancy Tiote to creep back into the side at some point but no way is Remy/Mym coming out for the other two. Pardew hasn't even been giving enough praise for which deserves for how well he has actually utilised Ben Arfa and got him playing some of the best football of his career, really think the way he has handled Ben Arfa here has been superb.

See, I don't get this idea that he's just twigged or got lucky with the team due to injuries.

He's been after a starting central defender which was always likely to see Taylor as the one benched. His priority has been to get Remy in for a while, and this summer also one more for the left/up front to push/push out Jonas. He love Tiote, and I do too, and yes, he will play a lot this season, but he has also consistently said that this year will be Anitas year, someone we have invested in heavily.

He has also consistently said that this is the kind of football he wants to see. Here I can't defend him as much, not least because I don't find it easy to see him as the greatest of managers, but also because it seems that as as soon as things go against us, whether that be injuries, fatigue, no signings, or f*** knows what else he gets panicked and thinks safety first. But that's not to say he hasn't always been aiming for this kind of team. I think he has.

I've said that all along, sure i could drag my quotes up over the summer where i said he wants possession football and played in a positive way but i got shot down on here for it because he only knew hoof ball. Taylor has always been a problem here, MYM is a class above, Taylor won't be in anytime soon, i know for a fact Jonas won't be getting anywhere near the starts he had when we are fully fit, he's got a squad role this season. Agree with it being a big year for Anita but still feel overtime Tiote might come back into the side but we shall see. Pardew has always wanted someone to replace Ba in that left role and now he's got his man in Remy. All in all though things are looking glaringly positive for us and our future is now looking a lot brighter.

Well it was pretty much impossible to make any argument other than 'Pardew is shite' for a quite a while, still is to a certain extent. And he kind of brought it on himself, it's true that the things he said (which BottledDog highlights) were out of sync with what he actually did. But I agree his aim was always a team a bit like Villa.

The question is, does he need too much reassurance, or wait too long, before implementing what he really wants to do? Surely there were better options than the ones he was going for before now? I don't know to be honest, but if I had to point out his biggest weakness it would be that he sometimes is naturally far too conservative, especially when things are going wrong. And I generally have more time for him than most, as everyone knows.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't remember the last time that I complained about us playing long balls tbf. There was a point where it was absolutely ridiculous last season, though. It was lifting and I'm pleased that things look to have changed.

Can't believe i'm still reading Pardew negativity, he couldn't have done anymore on Saturday. A lot on here were slating him midweek onwards saying Taylor would be back in regardless of clean sheets, Anita would be out for Tiote, Remy won't play when Jonas is fit. It's a load of s**** man. He got everything spot on, i was ridiculed on here for taking drugs when i said as soon as Remy would be fit, we would go back to 4-3-3 in the formation we had with Ba yet that's exactly we have done as soon as he had a full squad to choose from, which has been the first time in a long time. This is all we did when finished 5th, got off to a good start and maintained that run of form, Pardew is capable of doing that. People around the country were just waiting for us to fall back down to mid table mediocrity but it never happened, we just kept going. Pardew has problems when things turn sour because he isn't really a good manager, but with this side in form, he's capable of having another good season regardless if people hate him or not. Yes it was just the one game on Saturday where it all came together, but you could see over the past few games we were slowly getting it all together and it's a joy to see now . Hopefully more and more fans will start to turn their heads around and realise we are actually building something special here and get behind it.

The negativity has nothing to do with this weekend, I'm sure everybody is happy for a change. The hype following that performance is far too early and that shouldn't need pointing out but it clearly does.

Yeah i can certainly see why the doubters don't want to get excited just yet, i'm pretty sure they will stand up soon though and start to take notice of what we actually have here.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just evidence that Pardew's football vision isn't hoofball.

I think lots of posters feared that it was.

It's still debatable. The players that he's looked at bringing in definitely have strengths in the art of hoof. Whether it's his vision or not, I hate him, but I'm pleased the long balls are reducing.

Guest reefatoon

He must have went along to the testimonial and I think the penny dropped.  He was talking about this club loving attacking football and that's what we need to bring.

Keep it up Mr P!

Ultimately, we have some really talented players.

All Pardew has to do is pick the right ones, in the correct positions, and we'll play well.

Literally all he has to do. Even his silly defensive mind set won't be able to hold them back.

this is exactly right, literally what was being said by a lot of us for over a season - that pardew was holding us back and was a massive cause of last season being terrible because he did everything wrong :lol:

all he ever had to do was put them in the right places and let them play

Ultimately, we have some really talented players.

All Pardew has to do is pick the right ones, in the correct positions, and we'll play well.

Literally all he has to do. Even his silly defensive mind set won't be able to hold them back.

this is exactly right, literally what was being said by a lot of us for over a season - that pardew was holding us back and was a massive cause of last season being terrible because he did everything wrong :lol:

all he ever had to do was put them in the right places and let them play

Pardew was a big part to blame for last season and made a lot of errors however you're an idiot if you think the solution was that simple.

He must have went along to the testimonial and I think the penny dropped.  He was talking about this club loving attacking football and that's what we need to bring.

Keep it up Mr P!

He's been saying that since he got here.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/New-Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-promises-attacking-positive-football-after-signing-five-and-a-half-year-deal-article647909.html

Guest firetotheworks

I rarely, in fact have almost never agreed with Kaka, but there is definitely a point to be made about playing your best players, in their best positions, in a formation that suits us. To suggest that that is all you have to do is ludicrous, but I hope he wasn't saying that. Getting the players, the positions and the formation correct is obviously a basic, and when you have good players it can go a long way before even getting into anything else. The point is that Pardew has been guilty of not doing this for a long time. To suggest it's everything is daft, but suggesting that it means nothing and that tactics are absolutely everything is also daft.

Comparing Ferguson's achievements over 2 and a half decades to a solitary 5th place finish and early exit from both domestic cups :lol:

Ah but you're forgetting the five back to back premiership titles , the 4 European cups and the 7 FA cups that we won under Kinnear.

Makes you wonder why anyone licked Ferguson's arse when it's that easy.

He spent hundreds of millions anarl.

is that a response to me?  either way it's a fucking terrible post

Not as bad as suggesting that good players just need to be played in the right position and success is then inevitable.