Alan Pardew

Mike

I am quite optimistic in nature myself, but seriously guys.

If we keep it up like last match, good news, lets enjoy it.

But please don't make it out to be the second coming of Jesus Christ, its still Pardew and its still possible Jonas and Tiote are fit for next match  :lol:

Just to make it clear, I don't want to be associated with any trophy acclaim when we fail to win anything. Even I haven't got the optimism for that! Christ, had better sides and managers than this and still failed!

Coming down from a high is a bitch like.

I got carried away, I'm sorry. Forgive me boys and girls, I'll try and hold my excitement bunch of emotions in tact next time....still probably catch myself smiling at the thought of Ben Arfa playing in a black and white shirt however.

No trophies though...unfortunately.

I actually quite like Jonas, but I'll leave that one alone as I don't want the guilt for a dozen broken keyboards.  :lol:

I like him too, a lot actually. Nice guy it seems, and gives a 100%.

But i do not think he is among our 11 best players at the moment.

Agreed 100%. He also has his uses. He's great at retaining the ball and relieving the pressure on the defense. That doesn't put him ahead of most of our wide players but he has his talents and certainly isn't the abomination people make him out to be.

Guest bimpy474

Just to make it clear, I don't want to be associated with any trophy acclaim when we fail to win anything. Even I haven't got the optimism for that! Christ, had better sides and managers than this and still failed!

I got carried away, I'm sorry. Forgive me boys and girls, I'll try and hold my excitement bunch of emotions in tact next time....still probably catch myself smiling at the thought of Ben Arfa playing in a black and white shirt however.

Dont be sorry for being happy and over excited, that's nice to see but the digs were a little over the top. It's great to see a bit of delight tbh, no matter how over top and mental it can look :lol:

I actually quite like Jonas, but I'll leave that one alone as I don't want the guilt for a dozen broken keyboards.  :lol:

I don't mind him either, I just think it's been clear for at least 18 months that he's most definitely not a winger and he's also not one of our 3 best central midfielders either.  That goes for the whole 433 business tbh, abandoning a formation that was working wonders to appease one player and never returning to it (perhaps we did against Villa, as it happens) is what turned me into a full-on, foaming at the mouth Pardew cynic.  He's got miles and miles to go with me but if we stick with the adventurous stuff we showed at Villa and I start being entertained by the team on a regular basis again then that's what is important to me as a fan, and what I was so fucked off about being taken away for next to no reason for so long.

I don't mind him either, I just think it's been clear for at least 18 months that he's most definitely not a winger and he's also not one of our 3 best central midfielders either.  That goes for the whole 433 business tbh, abandoning a formation that was working wonders to appease one player and never returning to it (perhaps we did against Villa, as it happens) is what turned me into a full-on, foaming at the mouth Pardew cynic.  He's got miles and miles to go with me but if we stick with the adventurous stuff we showed at Villa and I start being entertained by the team on a regular basis again then that's what is important to me as a fan, and what I was so fucked off about being taken away for next to no reason for so long.

:thup: Thumbing this like.

Let's not forget how far behind the tops teams Liverpool were under Benitez. They still managed to have great cup runs including winning the Champion's League.

We're obviously not that good but Pardew strikes me as a similar sort of manager and I certainly don't think a cup is out of our reach.

You've got to field a side that looks as if you want to win one first....since when did Pardew do that in the domestic trophy games...?

Just make sure you've got plenty of tissue in for the Hull match.  Shudder to think of the state of your room 5 minutes after full time in the villa game.

I like him too, a lot actually. Nice guy it seems, and gives a 100%.

But i do not think he is among our 11 best players at the moment.

Agreed 100%. He also has his uses. He's great at retaining the ball and relieving the pressure on the defense. That doesn't put him ahead of most of our wide players but he has his talents and certainly isn't the abomination people make him out to be.

Of course not. Slow, can't pass, shoot or cross. Not an abomination at all.

Guest neesy111

I'd honestly recommend Jonas goes to a slower league if he wants to prolong his career.  I think he could still be starter in a lower la liga side in the middle.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't be mad at him as a player or a person. He is what he is, you get exactly what you expect and rarely any more or any less. Sometimes I get pissed off with him for not being good enough and forget that it's his inclusion in the team that's the problem, not him. It's not like he gives any less, or doesn't attempt to do certain things, or that he's a coward (aside from his ridiculous dives) or that he's spineless in the way that I absolutely detested someone like Duff. He just isn't good enough, it's as simple as that and for him there's no real shame in it. His inclusion remains the real problem.

I can't be mad at him as a player or a person. He is what he is, you get exactly what you expect and rarely any more or any less. Sometimes I get pissed off with him for not being good enough and forget that it's his inclusion in the team that's the problem, not him. It's not like he gives any less, or doesn't attempt to do certain things, or that he's a coward (aside from his ridiculous dives) or that he's spineless in the way that I absolutely detested someone like Duff. He just isn't good enough, it's as simple as that and for him there's no real shame in it. His inclusion remains the real problem.

much of that goes for williamson when he was getting games

So am I right in thinking the consensus of last night discussion was that the Pardew sceptics accept they went too far last season. and the sympathisers are a lttle too optimystic when claiming he will win a few trophies?

Jonas Chocked the neck of a young cocky lad from work on a flight to Ibiza in the summer for acting like a tit, the lad was banned from all Jet 2 fights

So am I right in thinking the consensus of last night discussion was that the Pardew sceptics accept they went too far last season. and the sympathisers are a lttle too optimystic when claiming he will win a few trophies?

No, the sceptics were right, the sympathisers are wrong.

He got the team right in 2 games & we played some decent attacking football.  But, he still only plays that way when he believes that the squad is at full strength (even when a lot of us could see us playing the exact same type of football with slightly different personnel).  He clearly doesn't have a lot of faith in some of the squad & doesn't have a game plan that allows for injuries, suspensions or transfers.

The real tests will be what happens against a "bigger" team & what happens if we get a couple of injuries to members of his first XI.  Will he fall back to type & surrender to the title-chasers before the game has even kicked off & will he fall back to the safety first shitfest that we had most of last season when his first choice team aren't available?