Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Our defending on set pieces man.

As I've said all week the CBs are crap in the air, as are the midfield and forwards. We'll lose goal after goal.

It's not even the being good in the air stuff either, we dont even give ourselves a chance to challenge if let the men go.

I meant the marking as well, like, not just the actual challenge.

Bit of both isn't it, be decent in the air, if you're not, at least challenge to put the attacker off. We do neither.

That was one over confident cunt is the week like :lol:

what?

Pardew was kinda over confident with his comments imo, not so much about the game today specifically, just in general. Never a good thing.

ah right- didnt read like that- think you put the wrong words in or something?

As I've said all week the CBs are crap in the air, as are the midfield and forwards. We'll lose goal after goal.

It's not even the being good in the air stuff either, we dont even give ourselves a chance to challenge if let the men go.

Bit of both isn't it, be decent in the air, if you're not, at least challenge to put the attacker off. We do neither.

The players we have are generally useless off the ball. But with set pieces especially that CB combination is an accident waiting to happen every game.

Guest bimpy474

That was one over confident cunt is the week like :lol:

what?

Pardew was kinda over confident with his comments imo, not so much about the game today specifically, just in general. Never a good thing.

ah right- didnt read like that- think you put the wrong words in or something?

Damn i just noticed, sorry mate, cryptic nonsense that was :lol:

Guest bimpy474

The players we have are generally useless off the ball. But with set pieces especially that CB combination is an accident waiting to happen every game.

I'll never understand how a pro footballer can just let his man go at set pieces. It's so bad it's embarrassing.

He picked the right team, he can do no more than that. That's how it goes, isn't it?

Maybe we've found the reason Ashley doesn't want to invest in the squad.  Having a larger squad would give the manager something else he'd be more likely to make an arse of.

Where are the people from last week raving about us all being wrong.

Still at the game asking for a wave from Pardew and singing songs about Shola and Jonas while talking about Ronaldo from the forum being a stupid c***.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Be better than that F, rise above.

I was called an idiot last week... I can say what I want I'll still rise above that ;)

Fair enough mate  O0

Guest Dontooner

Still at the game asking for a wave from Pardew and singing songs about Shola and Jonas while talking about Ronaldo from the forum being a stupid c***.

Not sure how much he got entirely wrong here today, really.  Maybe not taking off Cisse sooner?

We weren't hoofing it that much tbh. Play was along the deck for the most part. Defending was a shambles but how much of that do you want to put down to him and how much do you want to say it was botched assignments or panic by the players? He's not supposed to be able to make them perfect.

Preparation for defending set pieces was atrocious. And we didn't adjust after the half.