Alan Pardew

Mike

Doesn't really sound like he told the players to sit off after the first goal, they seemingly took their foot off the gas and didn't go for it. He meddled too much in the second though, knacked our shape.

Mate I've been watching his team for nearly three years now and can almost count the number of times we've taken a 2-0 lead at home on one hand. That is his gameplan, always has been and always will be.

Take a lead then try and hold it. Sick of reading about how wrong I am and how he's actually telling them  before the game to get 2, 3, 4. He's not.

I've watched the team sit off after half time plenty, but after 15 minutes? His quotes are pretty damning. I think the team got complacent, wandering about when Huddlestone was in yards of space inside the box, MYM trying to dribble out of defence etc. Pardew's not very good and deserves a lot of stick for the second half's changes but our lot got cocky.

Doesn't really sound like he told the players to sit off after the first goal, they seemingly took their foot off the gas and didn't go for it. He meddled too much in the second though, knacked our shape.

Mate I've been watching his team for nearly three years now and can almost count the number of times we've taken a 2-0 lead at home on one hand. That is his gameplan, always has been and always will be.

Take a lead then try and hold it. Sick of reading about how wrong I am and how he's actually telling them  before the game to get 2, 3, 4. He's not.

If people haven't cottoned on by now then they never will I'm afraid.

He's just said on the radio that he told the midfield to get closer to our defenders at half time.

Half time being the point I'm not disputing. Did you not watch our lot after that first goal went in? Their desire to do anything at pace just wasn't there.

:thup: Then wonders why we fuck up. The bloke's an idiot.

I missed the Villa game. So far all I'm seeing this season is the same bunch of players looking like individuals. We're still just a below average team + Ben Arfa, nowt's changed.

The amount of lofted diagonal passes to the front line today was appalling. It doesn't work.

people think he pushed the negative button today?  didn't see that myself, thought hull reacted to us very well and got the better of us...bruce did pardew tactically but i didn't see that we'd necessarily took our foot off the gas or anything

It's not that he "pushed the negative button", the players have had it drilled into them for three years that when we lead, that's the time to slow down the pace of the game, stop trying so hard to score and hold their positions instead of committing men forward.

It's not a case of telling them to do something. That's the way his Newcastle United want to play.

It was the same last week man, people kid themselves that he's had some sort of epiphany just because we happened to win a game when in fact last week was exactly what he wants - get a lead, hold it, if they equalise, try again. Can't believe this is still proving difficult to grasp.

people think he pushed the negative button today?  didn't see that myself, thought hull reacted to us very well and got the better of us...bruce did pardew tactically but i didn't see that we'd necessarily took our foot off the gas or anything

I didn't think we needed to make a change, he got the Cabaye change right but I think he was forced into that. Debuchy should have been changed earlier and with someone else and not Tiote. In the end he changed our formation and attacking force, I don't think Remy or Ben Arfa knew where they needed to be since Gouffran came on and it got worse when Marvaux came on, all off them wanting to play in each others position. 

Guest bimpy474

He's just said on the radio that he told the midfield to get closer to our defenders at half time.

There you go, drop back give huddlestone the freedom of the park. Anyone with half a brain could see he was running the show, we should have pressed the midfield and squeezed him and shut them down

I commented on that in the match thread, someone needed to get close to him. It's was ridiculous how much time and space he had.

Guest icemanblue

We've conceded three and thrown away two leads, at home, so he's had a pretty bad day. However, I think the game was there to be won in the first half, and some of his players have let him down by dropping their intensity after the first goal. They thought they were in for an easy day.

When Hull parked the bus, we didn't have the desire there to break them down. Too happy to play the easy clipped ball in to the forward. I'd have liked to have seen Marveaux take up Cabaye's position, like. Not sure Pardew trusts him in there against a dominant midfield, though.

I've watched the team sit off after half time plenty, but after 15 minutes? His quotes are pretty damning. I think the team got complacent, wandering about when Huddlestone was in yards of space inside the box, MYM trying to dribble out of defence etc. Pardew's not very good and deserves a lot of stick for the second half's changes but our lot got cocky.

We were winning 2-1 at half time when Pardew pulled our midfielders back, the gaps between midfield and the forwards were shocking and all down to him because he's admitted it.

We've conceded three and thrown away two leads, at home, so he's had a pretty bad day. However, I think the game was there to be won in the first half, and some of his players have let him down by dropping their intensity after the first goal. They thought they were in for an easy day.

When Hull parked the bus, we didn't have the desire there to break them down. Too happy to play the easy clipped ball in to the forward. I'd have liked to have seen Marveaux take up Cabaye's position, like. Not sure Pardew trusts him in there against a dominant midfield, though.

Coincidence that this always happens? It's his instructions man, the players are doing as they're told.

Half time being the point I'm not disputing. Did you not watch our lot after that first goal went in? Their desire to do anything at pace just wasn't there.

Our closing down and movement off the ball was shite.

We were winning 2-1 at half time when Pardew pulled our midfielders back, the gaps between midfield and the forwards were shocking and all down to him because he's admitted it.

I've even said in other posts that he screwed us over in the second half. My point is, we should have been more than 1 goal up by half time and while many are happy to assume that's all down to Pardew, I don't think the definition of keeping it tight is to then go and dick about and play with absolutely no tempo, even when you've got the opportunity to break.

We definitely don't play with the same intent once we take the lead. No matter how early on we score, and no matter whether home or away, which is quite frankly hideous.

Was a definate change a 1-0. Let them into the game so much, if we're honest we ended up lucky they've not scored 5 due to Graham/Krul & some debatable offside calls.

It's not that he "pushed the negative button", the players have had it drilled into them for three years that when we lead, that's the time to slow down the pace of the game, stop trying so hard to score and hold their positions instead of committing men forward.

It's not a case of telling them to do something. That's the way his Newcastle United want to play.

It was the same last week man, people kid themselves that he's had some sort of epiphany just because we happened to win a game when in fact last week was exactly what he wants - get a lead, hold it, if they equalise, try again. Can't believe this is still proving difficult to grasp.

well i'm sure you know how critical of pardew i've been and am, however at the moment i'm choosing to believe we're in transition - this is not the same team, style or gameplan that we saw last season, not by a fucking mile

you said it yourself, they've been doing it one way for 3 years and so far i see that they're trying to do it another way but it won't happen immediately and it won't succeed all the time

just to repeat, today was fuck all like the defeats we saw last year imo

Guest icemanblue

Coincidence that this always happens? It's his instructions man, the players are doing as they're told.

Nah, I don't think that happened today, like. There was a casual lethargy to our play, even at 1-1. Too few players thinking that they didn't need to play at their best.

We attacked when we had a lead, late on in the game, away at Villa. You don't tell players to just stop caring.

The game was won in the first half but we lost it in the 2nd.

Nah, I don't think that happened today, like. There was a casual lethargy to our play, even at 1-1. Too few players thinking that they didn't need to play at their best.

We attacked when we had a lead, late on in the game, away at Villa. You don't tell players to just stop caring.

Fulham too. Took the lead and then kept on going.

well i'm sure you know how critical of pardew i've been and am, however at the moment i'm choosing to believe we're in transition - this is not the same team, style or gameplan that we saw last season, not by a fucking mile

you said it yourself, they've been doing it one way for 3 years and so far i see that they're trying to do it another way but it won't happen immediately and it won't succeed all the time

The only type of Newcastle I'm interested in is one that goes out to give shit like Hull an absolute pasting. Which "way" they do it doesn't matter to me as long as they do. West Brom are supposedly relegation contenders and they've beaten a side 3-0 at home today. We won't do that all season.

Absolutely sick to death of watching a team who actively does not want to take a two goal lead.

What, going in at the break leading before eventually losing after a shocking second half performance?  I beg to differ mate.

Guest icemanblue

Fulham too. Took the lead and then kept on going.

Aye.