Alan Pardew

Mike

When Cabaye went off I was sure he was planning to move HBA central, but what we ended up with was basically a line of defenders and a line of forwards and the entire middle of the park filled with Hull players. Strange, there was no way to get the ball forward in a way our strikers would be able to deal with.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm baffled, but not surprised that I'm still reading people on here defending him. As far as I'm concerned, you're all partly responsible for way things are going, because you're happy to put up with the absolute crap that Pardew serves us on a weekly basis. It's the same story every single time. We attack and we score (funnily enough because we're the better team with better players) and then we sit on it, sit back and let the opposition do whatever the fuck they want. At this level, doing that is suicide. Any team in this league is good enough to break any team that allows them to have that much time and space on the ball.

It happens all the time. One of the worst things that can ever happen to us in a match is getting an early lead, because you know that until the opposition scores (they usually do) we'll sit back and let them do whatever the fuck they want. I used to think it was the players, but this has gone on throughout Pardew's time here. The Fulham match is pretty much the only way that we can put any kind of faith into us winning a match. Keeping it at 0-0 until the 80th minute onwards, grabbing a goal and then the opposition not really having any time to break us down.

It's fucking garbage and people still can't fucking see it.

Pardew pissed me off on Saturday more than he has any time previously bar the Reading game.

"Excuses" has a bad connotation whenever you examine the issues that led to last seasons results, but I think poor performances and an inability to change it about can and should be excused according to mitigating factors (injuries, lack of depth, extra fixtures).

While the lack of depth is still an issue which sees championship standard players like Williamson, Dummett and Sammy get on our bench, we should have had enough to beat Hull at home.  Our first choice 11 were being held 2-2 though.  And the changes that were made just created a world of dissaray on the park.  Over 30 minutes he made 3 changes.  None of which were like for like.  Striker for midfielder, midfielder for Striker, then RB for Midfielder.  Players were moved from pillar to post to accommodate this and we lost any semblance of shape we may have had.  Defenders who for 5 games have passed the ball out of defence had no-one available in front of them at all and resorted to the long ball we were all glad to see the back of, we thought.

When Cabaye was injured Tiote should have come on to make sure we still had experienced bodies in the middle of the park.  A like for like change.  We weren't looking particularly dangerous with Hull lapping up whatever we had to offer going forwards, but hoying Gouffran on smacked to me of placating the home fans who would have went apeshit at a "negative" change.  Weak from the manager IYAM.

It's just another disappointing performance though. If you think this proves Pardew should be sacked, any more than Villa away proved he should stay then you're knee-jerking.  As it is we're on the same points as Man U so not going to throw my lot in with the babies who want rid and don't care that it's Ashley doing the hiring.

As I left the stadium people were seriously talking about going down with the mackems.  7 points from 5 is the sort of form that will garner 53 points.  Enough for an 8th place finish last year.

The first half of your post is the part that resonates with me. The lack of shape or control, despite taking the lead twice, and the desperate shuffling of formations to try and fix it without success have become par for the course under Pardew. In a tactical battle he always comes off worse when the opposition manager closes down our playmakers. For me it's not all about goals and wins, it's about being able to control the game when we've got superior players on the pitch. We did it for 20 mins and then really if we're honest it became a free for all after that with Bruce wiping the floor with Pardew in the 2nd half. A familiar story, and that's the problem.

Guest firetotheworks

It's just another disappointing performance though. If you think this proves Pardew should be sacked, any more than Villa away proved he should stay then you're knee-jerking.  As it is we're on the same points as Man U so not going to throw my lot in with the babies who want rid and don't care that it's Ashley doing the hiring.

As I left the stadium people were seriously talking about going down with the mackems.  7 points from 5 is the sort of form that will garner 53 points.  Enough for an 8th place finish last year.

Holy fucking shit. :lol: We're 5 matches into the season and you think 'being on the same points as Man United' holds any weight? If that 'form' will garner us 53 points and have us at 8th, then by the same token we should measure Man United as finishing around there? Of course not, and I don't think you're suggesting that. I'm just highlighting how pointless that part of your post is.

Knee jerking, though. It's been at least since Reading at home last year that I've absolutely despised the man as a manager. That's 9 months ffs. :lol:

No way did Pardew tell us to sit back and defend after opening the scoring, absolute shit man. Just nonsense.

He doesn't have to tell them, they've been coached to execute that gameplan for nearly three years now.

I'm baffled, but not surprised that I'm still reading people on here defending him. As far as I'm concerned, you're all partly responsible for way things are going, because you're happy to put up with the absolute crap that Pardew serves us on a weekly basis. It's the same story every single time. We attack and we score (funnily enough because we're the better team with better players) and then we sit on it, sit back and let the opposition do whatever the fuck they want. At this level, doing that is suicide. Any team in this league is good enough to break any team that allows them to have that much time and space on the ball.

It happens all the time. One of the worst things that can ever happen to us in a match is getting an early lead, because you know that until the opposition scores (they usually do) we'll sit back and let them do whatever the fuck they want. I used to think it was the players, but this has gone on throughout Pardew's time here. The Fulham match is pretty much the only way that we can put any kind of faith into us winning a match. Keeping it at 0-0 until the 80th minute onwards, grabbing a goal and then the opposition not really having any time to break us down.

It's fucking garbage and people still can't fucking see it.

I did notice that when Man City took the lead against a far better team yesterday, they didn't sit back but carried on swarming all over Man U from the first minute to the last. Would the score have been 4-1 if they had dropped back after the first goal and let Man U come back at them?

Just under two thirds of possession.

Over two thirds of the attacking 3rd passes.

Only one fifth of the action in Newcastles third of the pitch.

Aye, it was US that sat back  :laugh:

We sit back when we're ahead mate.

No way did Pardew tell us to sit back and defend after opening the scoring, absolute shit man. Just nonsense.

fuck me i'm going to have to agree with brett :lol:

i thought we went at them early and they struggled, after the goal though bruce could clearly see we were there to be taken both on the flanks (how many times did they look to get in behind debuchy 1st half?) and with the space between our M & D - look where the first goal came from man, a player in between our M & D playing into the space debuchy left exposed :lol:

this gave hull confidence, coupled with our players seemingly thinking they didn't have to try

pardew is at total fault for not being able to react to it, not to affect any changes during the second half to get us back in the game...but he's shite, so we knew this anyway

Holy fucking shit. :lol: We're 5 matches into the season and you think 'being on the same points as Man United' holds any weight? If that 'form' will garner us 53 points and have us at 8th, then by the same token we should measure Man United as finishing around there? Of course not, and I don't think you're suggesting that. I'm just highlighting how pointless that part of your post is.

Knee jerking, though. It's been at least since Reading at home last year that I've absolutely despised the man as a manager. That's 9 months ffs. :lol:

It was knee jerking to start banging the "Pardew's great" drum after villa, and it would be knee jerking to say he deserves the sack off the back of the Hull game.  There have been moments in the past where you could legitimately say it's not been good enough and he should go.  Up to about January this year.  Those moments have passed now though and it would be mad if we got rid of a manager with 7 points from 5 games while sitting 12th.  I don't think anyone is seriously saying we should (are they?).  I'm not saying anyone that's slated Pardew for 2 years is knee-jerking, but I think that was obvious.

247 days.

I don't think Pardew should go because of the Hull game, I think he should go because of his entire career up to now.

Hads on....isn't Pardew quoted as saying that he told the midfielders to get closer to the defenders?

Yes,he is. If that's not dropping your team back then I don't know what is.

What i find baffling more than anything is that this has been a pattern that has repeated over and over again, yet people still can't see it. Madness

taking this game in isolation you surely have to see that hull were taking us apart in the gaps during the first half right?  it was how they got back in the game

It was knee jerking to start banging the "Pardew's great" drum after villa, and it would be knee jerking to say he deserves the sack off the back of the Hull game.  There have been moments in the past where you could legitimately say it's not been good enough and he should go.  Up to about January this year.  Those moments have passed now though and it would be mad if we got rid of a manager with 7 points from 5 games while sitting 12th.  I don't think anyone is seriously saying we should (are they?).  I'm not saying anyone that's slated Pardew for 2 years is knee-jerking, but I think that was obvious.

Me, I am. I honestly don't get this 'it's a new season, he's a new manager' thing like. He's still Alan Pardew.

Holy f***ing s***. :lol: We're 5 matches into the season and you think 'being on the same points as Man United' holds any weight? If that 'form' will garner us 53 points and have us at 8th, then by the same token we should measure Man United as finishing around there? Of course not, and I don't think you're suggesting that. I'm just highlighting how pointless that part of your post is.

:lol: "those moments have passed now". Have they? So he's worth keeping based on a villa win? Just ignore the last season and the general turgid football we watched, the bizarre selections and tactics. The fact he is quite clearly not good enough to manage this team.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Probably because you haven't read the post.  Have another go.

His 24 points from 20 games is probably good enough for this club as Mike Ashley is running it.

His 7 points from 13 games prior to that probably wasn't good enough for any club, but that moment passed..

Guest firetotheworks

I'm definitely saying that we should. SHOULD being the pivotal word. Unfortunately we all know who would replace him and, that thought in itself is so fucking grotesque and vapid that it makes Pardew look more attractive purely by comparison. That's the awful situation that we're in and we're all clued up enough to know that that's exactly the sort of suicidal, moronic, clueless decision that our complete cunt of an owner would make. It's totally revolting.

Guest icemanblue

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure. All that matters now, is our form this season, which hasn't been too bad.

Hads on....isn't Pardew quoted as saying that he told the midfielders to get closer to the defenders?

What i find baffling more than anything is that this has been a pattern that has repeated over and over again, yet people still can't see it. Madness

taking this game in isolation you surely have to see that hull were taking us apart in the gaps during the first half right?  it was how they got back in the game

Hulls main danger was a clipped ball over the top/behind tiote. While I agree we hadn't gripped the midfield enough it got worse second half, huddlestone was strolling around the pitch picking whatever pass he wanted. We looked worse in the second half than the first so I'm not sure what closing that gap did? Aside from give Huddlestone more space

i'm not saying he got it right :lol: 

all i'm saying is that we were playing 3 up top effectively with no cover for the fullbacks, cabaye was playing as a 4th forward in essence leaving anita and sissoko on their own...their strikers started dropping into that space and they exploited the space remy/hba left to good effect

pardew's answer to that was to drop the midfielders back in, which also had a negative counter effect on our play...in hindsight he'd have been better slugging it out and trying to score more goals than them but i see what he was trying to do

my initial point was to agree with brett that it's not as simple as pardew just told us to sit deep after the first goal, it's not as simple as that, our balance as a team was wrong and hull exploited it very well....the changes pardew then made to counter that played into their hands

I haven't heard that quote. Could he have meant to receive the ball from the defenders better?

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure.

It's probably just the negative people getting louder after a defeat, and the positive people getting louder after a win.

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure.

They were wrong. Our problem was never necessarily long ball. Our main problems have always been lack of movement and inviting teams onto us when we're ahead. Neither of them have changed.