Alan Pardew

Mike

i think it'd take a repeat of our position and state of affairs last january, long run of no wins etc. with pardew losing his mind, making terrible decisions and spouting shite to all and sundry

he acted last january by spending xx millions, this time he'll act by sacking pardew imho, should circumstances be repeated

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

I'd class that as a quirk of fixture scheduling :D

Out of 19 home games in our potential relegation season last year I'd say 3 were embarrassments.

Only 6 teams won more home games than us last year.  They all finished in the top 6.

How many teams lost more home games than we did?

Better to win 3 and lose 3 than draw 6.

Guest icemanblue

i think it'd take a repeat of our position and state of affairs last january, long run of no wins etc. with pardew losing his mind, making terrible decisions and spouting shite to all and sundry

he acted last january by spending xx millions, this time he'll act by sacking pardew imho, should circumstances be repeated

Fingers crossed we lose as many games as possible then, eh? What happens after that, by the way?

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

Out of 19 home games in our potential relegation season last year I'd say 3 were embarrassments.

Only 6 teams won more home games than us last year.  They all finished in the top 6.

None then.

Fingers crossed we lose as many games as possible then, eh? What happens after that, by the way?

the fuck, i didn't say i wanted us to lose games...i'm just answering gimps question as did many others

Guest firetotheworks

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

I was at all of those matches except Arsenal, and I would count all of those as being embarrassing. Particularly from Everton (inclusive) onwards.

Guest icemanblue

the fuck, i didn't say i wanted us to lose games...i'm just answering gimps question as did many others

Aye, fair's fair, I've read it as 'I think I'd take...'. Apologies.

I'm just bemused by the activity in this thread when put against the reaction from our other results this season. There'd be roughly 2-3 pages max, after the draws and wins. Now, after a defeat, we have this. Some people appear to revel in it, and it's spread across most of the board.

We should be getting rid of an incompetent manager and bringing in one with a clue how to organise. If Ashley's too tight to spend on a pedigree coach, then an up and coming one would do. Liverpool went with Rodgers, we could go with someone like Poyet or similar. Obviously that's not what Ashley will necessarily do, but that is what should happen.

None then.

You're not making any point worth making tbh.

Teams were relegated losing less than us.  Again, better to win and lose than to draw both.

I'm just bemused by the activity in this thread when put against the reaction from our other results this season. There'd be roughly 2-3 pages max, after the draws and wins. Now, after a defeat, we have this. Some people appear to revel in it, and it's spread across most of the board.

just the nature of football isn't it, are we alone in this?  as you may have seen i'm one of the ones trying to be level-headed about saturday, i just think pardew was done as much as anything and don't see it as any worse than any of the other defeats we've had under him, it's just a shame that we looked like we could get some momentum going after villa

one thing is for sure, he's been found out at SJP now and he doesn't have an answer...west ham was a poor game all round and fulham didn't come to win or they might well have imo...for some reason pardew has no clue how to break teams down and eventually losing home games badly will catch up with you

None then.

Teams were relegating losing less than us.  Again, better to win and lose than to draw both.

My point is and always has been that Pardew is doing a shit job, you're the one trying to fucking big him up all the time.

Better to win and lose ffs. Better to win both or win and draw than fucking losing so often. What an utterly preposterous position you take up. "Pardew's a cunt, here's ten reasons why he's doing a great job", give it a rest.

Guest icemanblue

just the nature of football isn't it, are we alone in this?  as you may have seen i'm one of the ones trying to be level-headed about saturday, i just think pardew was done as much as anything and don't see it as any worse than any of the other defeats we've had under him, it's just a shame that we looked like we could get some momentum going after villa

one thing is for sure, he's been found out at SJP now and he doesn't have an answer...west ham was a poor game all round and fulham didn't come to win or they might well have imo...for some reason pardew has no clue how to break teams down and eventually losing home games badly will catch up with you

Again, based on taking only this season into context (as it's all that matters for now), that's yet to be seen.

Guest icemanblue

None then.

Teams were relegating losing less than us.  Again, better to win and lose than to draw both.

My point is and always has been that Pardew is doing a shit job, you're the one trying to fucking big him up all the time.

Better to win and lose ffs. Better to win both or win and draw than fucking losing so often. What an utterly preposterous position you take up. "Pardew's a cunt, here's ten reasons why he's doing a great job", give it a rest.

Well, he's not really doing any of that, is he?

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

I was at all of those matches except Arsenal, and I would count all of those as being embarrassing. Particularly from Everton (inclusive) onwards.

I was at them all too and I wouldn't.  Some were.

We started that Swansea game with Simpson, Williamson, Sammy Ameobi and Shane Ferguson STARTING!!  A bench including  Tavernier, Amalfitano, Abeid and Bigirimina. 

It's embarrassing the quality Ashley provided.

Again, based on taking only this season into context (as it's all that matters for now), that's yet to be seen.

well i don't know how you can discount how bad we were at home last season as 16 of the teams we'll face played in the league last year but anyway yeah sure, guess we'll have to wait

you ignored the point about the home defeats though, we've been losing badly for a long time and the 0-6 and 0-3 are unlikely to be forgotten very soon, perhaps this is why there are such reactions to defeats like hull?  they're not isolated events

Guest firetotheworks

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

We started that Swansea game with Simpson, Williamson, Sammy Ameobi and Shane Ferguson STARTING!!  A bench including  Tavernier, Amalfitano, Abeid and Bigirimina. 

Aye, so then it was fucking embarrassing then, wasn't it? :lol:

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

I'd be surprised if man for man the Swansea starting 11 was worth more than ours.

Guest icemanblue

well i don't know how you can discount how bad we were at home last season as 16 of the teams we'll face played in the league last year but anyway yeah sure, guess we'll have to wait

you ignored the point about the home defeats though, we've been losing badly for a long time and the 0-6 and 0-3 are unlikely to be forgotten very soon, perhaps this is why there are such reactions to defeats like hull?  they're not isolated events

We've conceded three goals in three home games, this season. I haven't ignored anything.

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

None then.

I would give it a rest, but I'd get it in the neck after the next good performance for not showing up after a poor defeat.  We have to be consistent don't we.

West Ham?

Swansea?

Everton?

Reading?

Sunderland?

Liverpool?

Arsenal?

:lol: