Alan Pardew

Mike

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - D

Villa - L

Hull - W

I expected that and we have accumalated the same points so this being a big reason why i'm not doom and gloom Pardew out just yet and although the standard of football on a whole hasn't been great we still have showed signs of it coming together in games and this side is very much work in progress, it will only get stronger in time.

Guest firetotheworks

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - D

Villa - L

Hull - W

I expected that and we have accumalated the same points so this being a big reason why i'm not doom and gloom Pardew out just yet and although the standard of football on a whole hasn't been great we still have showed signs of it coming together in games and this side is very much work in progress, it will only get stronger in time.

Canny good going without a shot on target like. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - D

Villa - L

Hull - W

:undecided:

It doesnt worry you the same issues from last season still exist?

same s*** last season gimp, you're not allowed to see patterns or likely outcomes based on existing evidence...you simply have to have blind faith in a positive future :lol:

New season marra

It doesnt worry you the same issues from last season still exist?

How on earth do you arrive at that conclusion?

We topped the long ball chart averaging 69 per game last year.  This season only Arsenal go long less than we do.

Saturday was the first time we started lobbing shite at the box, which was a pisser, but if you can't see the intended change of approach from this year to last then you aren't paying attention.

Guest firetotheworks

Let's be honest, anything less than this is a joke considering the players and resources we have:

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - W

Villa - L/D

Hull - W

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - D

Villa - L

Hull - W

It was a poor start, i fully expected Ben Arfa to tear Joey O'brien to shreds, it never quite worked out as well as that. Was similar situation for Fulham until we introduced Cabaye/Remy/Gouffran, we managed to grab the win and show some positive stuff, backed that sign up at Villa then threw that hard work away on Saturday.

Let's be honest, anything less than this is a joke considering the players and resources we have:

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - W

Villa - L/D

Hull - W

On paper yes but football does work as simple as well they are shit, we will win. Look at the results of this season, not just us but the premier league as a whole, been a lot of 'home bankers' lets say that have failed to deliver. We aren't the only ones who have slipped up here. Majority of teams have let points slip when 3 points seem guaranteed before

Guest firetotheworks

Man City - L

West Ham - W

Fulham - W

Villa - L/D

Hull - W

On paper yes but football does work as simple as well they are s***, we will win. Look at the results of this season, not just us but the premier league as a whole, been a lot of 'home bankers' lets say that have failed to deliver. We aren't the only ones who have slipped up here. Majority of teams have let points slip when 3 points seem guaranteed before

The point being that last season we slipped up against these teams a lot and ended up narrowly avoiding relegation. It's not like we make up for these slip ups by being the ones that come up with a surprise win.

Guest Forollhogna

Id almost take a relegation to get rid of the liar king.. at least we would be within a shout of getting a competent if average manager.

For me pardew is way below average and for all our stars its like giving a 10 year old a pound of beef tenderloin and ask him to cook a dinner.

He would only know how to make a pizza the same way Pardew only knows how to play cloggers... he benched tevez and macherano make of that what you will...

Guest icemanblue

I meant our defending and inability to change a game if plan A isnt working.

Oh and our minging corners

4 points from 9 at home so far as well, we struggled at home last year...the one victory was unconvincing vs. a side that barely turned up

In fairness, last year, it took us over half the season to register an away win. We've bettered that by quite some distance this year, and convincingly.

Not really the points for me that's worrying, it's not a horrendous return, but I think it's fair to say we've only really played well once, and it's the same sort of stuff as last season. We can't react to any sort of tactical nous.

I never saw the Villa game, but all accounts have been positive.

Once Remy got on we tore Fulham apart too.

And even the naysayers are insisting we were all over Hull, at least until going ahead.

We just aren't going to dominate entire matches from start to finish and need to make dominance count while we have it.

The defence are (rightly) getting a lot of stick following Saturday, but after conceding one in three previously, I wouldn't start tinkering yet.

I really do understand the concerns of looking back at last season and seeing the similarities but when you look at the bad things like slipping up against West Ham same as last season, you just rule out the 'surprise' wins against likes of Villa simply because we beat them last season. Villa had been looking good prior to us than backed it up against Norwich. This league is starting to look like where most sides can give each other a game and it's getting tighter and tighter. No time for panicking here, this side can get it right, it's still gelling together really, they would have learnt a lot from the Hull game, and hopefully we can put it right next Monday and give a better account of things. It's a game at a time and we need to bounce back.

The Villa result was a very good surprise. Made up for the Wham draw. Put us back on a good par.

But this result is a knacker. Now we've only got 1 win at home against some teams we should really look to beating. A team that has to rely on its away form.. will get relegated. Not saying we will but you can rely on home form.

I meant our defending and inability to change a game if plan A isnt working.

Oh and our minging corners

4 points from 9 at home so far as well, we struggled at home last year...the one victory was unconvincing vs. a side that barely turned up

In fairness, last year, it took us over half the season to register an away win. We've bettered that by quite some distance this year, and convincingly.

in the interests of fairness we beat aston villa who had racked up 9 wins in 40 home games (including the defeat to us)

The Villa result was a very good surprise. Made up for the Wham draw. Put us back on a good par.

But this result is a knacker. Now we've only got 1 win at home against some teams we should really look to beating. A team that has to rely on its away form.. will get relegated. Not saying we will but you can rely on home form.

No we have let ourselves down at home, 4 points against West Ham, Fulham, Hull, is 3 points short imo. Teams come to SJP now knowing points are up for grabs, teams used to fear coming here, not anymore. The crowd haven't helped matters like, atmosphere is shocking. However i do think we pretty much whereabouts i thought we would be after first 5 games so i'm not getting down about things, just thought Saturday was bitterly disappointing and such a shame we never managed to make it 3 wins on the trot because that would really have got some good momentum going and a lot of this negativity and Pardew out talk squashed for time being.

Id almost take a relegation to get rid of the liar king.. at least we would be within a shout of getting a competent if average manager.

For me pardew is way below average and for all our stars its like giving a 10 year old a pound of beef tenderloin and ask him to cook a dinner.

He would only know how to make a pizza the same way Pardew only knows how to play cloggers... he benched tevez and macherano make of that what you will...

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-142kb71.gif

Guest firetotheworks

The crowd was absolutely appalling against Hull like. Silent when things are going well, loud when criticising our own players.

Were you there, Ian?

Just out of interest, of the clubs in the premier, how many people on here reckon we've got a better manager in place? Is there any that you would say, thank fuck we've got Pardew and not him?

Ian Holloway would be one for me, I'll have to think a bit for others.