Alan Pardew

Mike

Sounds like he'll be going back to basics for the next game. Fine by me, he can't coach us into an attacking style of football. Look to keep it tight against Cardiff and pick them out on the break with our pace. Remy and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse/Gouffran, please.

This post is utter lunacy like. Every time I see him attempt to "keep it tight" from the start of a game, that's when we get fucked up the arse, like tonight. Shifting Ben Arfa because he's scared of their full back, that's what he thinks "keeping it tight" is, completely fucking up your own game because of fear.

Staggering that you think he has "shown how to construct a back four" - taking one over from another manager that has been playing together for years does not count as "constructing". He has shown only that he's totally incompetent at putting together a new unit.

He's an ex CH though, that's the thing. If he can't organise his back 4 then he simply shouldn't be in the profession. 

We have no shape, at the back and part of the reason is that we're expecting both fullbacks to defend and act as wingers.  It leaves us so short at the back because our midfielders don't cover them, we're clueless.

Yep, two holding players and we still had neither sitting in front. Something that has been said so many times by me and others it's ridiculous. This is purely a poor managers tactical ineptitude at it's finest..

It beggars belief no one in the team knows what they are doing.

Guest icemanblue

'Head the ball, which helps' :lol:

He's got a point there like.

Well why not pick defenders who can head the ball against big strikers then? It's really not that hard.

Oh aye, you'd have been pure buzzing if he'd picked Williamson ahead of Mapou, like. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like he'll be going back to basics for the next game. Fine by me, he can't coach us into an attacking style of football. Look to keep it tight against Cardiff and pick them out on the break with our pace. Remy and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse/Gouffran, please.

This post is utter lunacy like. Every time I see him attempt to "keep it tight" from the start of a game, that's when we get fucked up the arse, like tonight. Shifting Ben Arfa because he's scared of their full back, that's what he thinks "keeping it tight" is, completely fucking up your own game because of fear.

Staggering that you think he has "shown how to construct a back four" - taking one over from another manager that has been playing together for years does not count as "constructing". He has shown only that he's totally incompetent at putting together a new unit.

To quote stats like HF in his prime. Our goals against for the last 50 games tells you everything about Pardew constructing skills in defence. Utter shite he is.

This post is utter lunacy like. Every time I see him attempt to "keep it tight" from the start of a game, that's when we get f***ed up the arse, like tonight. Shifting Ben Arfa because he's scared of their full back, that's what he thinks "keeping it tight" is, completely f***ing up your own game because of fear.

Aye this has me thinking about how Bayern under hitzfeld exploited Barca's weaknesses instead of trying to stop them playing

I call that a winners mentality

Guest bimpy474

He's an ex CH though, that's the thing. If he can't organise his back 4 then he simply shouldn't be in the profession. 

We have no shape, at the back and part of the reason is that we're expecting both fullbacks to defend and act as wingers.  It leaves us so short at the back because our midfielders don't cover them, we're clueless.

Yep, two holding players and we still had neither sitting in front. Something that has been said so many times by me and others it's ridiculous. This is purely a poor managers tactical ineptitude at it's finest..

It baffles me why no one just sits. Anita did it against Villa, and Fulham. And we played better for it. Soon as Tiote comes in we have stopped doing it. I dont understand how Pardew or the players cant see it themselves.

'Head the ball, which helps' :lol:

He's got a point there like.

Well why not pick defenders who can head the ball against big strikers then? It's really not that hard.

Oh aye, you'd have been pure buzzing if he'd picked Williamson ahead of Mapou, like. :lol:

I've never been a big critic of Williamson mate, I championed him starting for us ahead of Taylor against West Ham when I thought Carroll was playing. He's limited, but he is probably our best defender against big centre forwards.

It baffles me why no one just sits. Anita did it against Villa, and Fulham. And we played better for it. Soon as Tiote comes in we have stopped doing it. I dont understand how Pardew or the players cant see it themselves.

Poor management its as simple as that

He doesn't have a clue tactically and has no idea how to get the best out of the players he's been given.

For the system of buying players we employ Pardew isnt the manager we need.

Guest bimpy474

Poor management its as simple as that

He doesn't have a clue tactically and has no idea how to get the best out of the players he's been given.

For the system of buying players we employ Pardew isnt the manager we need.

Oh aye, our buying leans itself to a foreign coach. Unfortunately Ashley likes a hoop licker like Pardew.

This post is utter lunacy like. Every time I see him attempt to "keep it tight" from the start of a game, that's when we get f***ed up the arse, like tonight. Shifting Ben Arfa because he's scared of their full back, that's what he thinks "keeping it tight" is, completely f***ing up your own game because of fear.

Utter lunacy? You're so sanctimonious :lol:

It was highlighted tonight that our defence didn't keep tight, at all. The full backs were too far forward and there were massive gaps in our back line because of that. If we defend like that against teams like Everton, we'll get done. Agreed on Ben Arfa, I wasn't happy about that.

As if he can't get credit for getting 15 clean sheets either. Have a word.

It was highlighted tonight that our defence didn't keep tight, at all. The full backs were too far forward and there were massive gaps in our back line because of that. If we defend like that against teams like Everton, we'll get done. Agreed on Ben Arfa, I wasn't happy about that.

Why do you think we played like that?

I never said they kept it tight did I? He tried though, in the same way he tried when he left HBA and Gouffran out against Liverpool last season. His idea of "keeping it tight" is "don't attack, in case you lose your position, and hit the ball far away from our goal"

I never said anything either about not getting "credit for 15 clean sheets" - what I've said for a long time is that he is totally incapable of coaching a new defense into a cohesive unit. Citing statistics of a back four that had been mainly "constructed" by somebody else does nothing to disprove that - your word, not mine, you give credit for "constructing" a house to the guy who built it, not the bloke who moved in afterwards and changed the lightbulbs.

Why do you think we played like that?

We played like that because our manager tried to play with attacking full backs but he's not good enough to make it work. That, or the players just did the opposite of what he said.

Guest bimpy474

15 clean sheets, nearly two seasons ago, i think we can say there's been a pattern in the last 60 games to say that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

We played like that because our manager tried to play with attacking full backs but he's not good enough to make it work. That, or the players just did the opposite of what he said.

It wasn't just the full-backs though so I don't think it was those two doing the opposite to what he said.

fucking utter coward changes positions,players dropped and formation to try and stop the opponents when it has been proved this weekend in two other games dont fear the opposition  play them at there own game ,should be ashamed and sacked for incompetance

It wasn't just the full-backs though so I don't think it was those two doing the opposite to what he said.

The entire defence and midfield looked absolutely petrified in the first half. None of them seemed to have any idea what they were supposed to be doing.

I never said they kept it tight did I? He tried though, in the same way he tried when he left HBA and Gouffran out against Liverpool last season. His idea of "keeping it tight" is "don't attack, in case you lose your position, and hit the ball far away from our goal"

I never said anything either about not getting "credit for 15 clean sheets" - what I've said for a long time is that he is totally incapable of coaching a new defense into a cohesive unit. Citing statistics of a back four that had been mainly "constructed" by somebody else - your word, not mine, you give credit for constructing a house to the guy who built it, not the bloke who moved in afterwards and changed the lightbulbs.

Did he even try to keep it tight though? Or was he trying to be clever? Because the players seemed to play the exact opposite of a side looking to be compact. They either flat out ignored him or his definition of 'tight' defending has dramatically shifted in the last two years. You're right to cite Liverpool, he's got previous for completely reducing our attacking threat but he often adds extra DMs into the mix and has certainly had a penchant for getting the midfield and defence to play extremely close together.

Fair enough, he'd pretty much inherited them but he seemed to understand their limitations and moulded our play around that. It's not a case of he doesn't know how to structure a new defence, in my opinion, he just has no clue how to do it with players that have more to their game than simply being able to defend. Unfortunately, the club's structure means we'll probably never see someone come in that can make a successful system with the personnel we've got.

Guest bimpy474

15 clean sheets, nearly two seasons ago, i think we can say there's been a pattern in the last 60 games to say that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

88 conceded in the last 50 league games.

Yep as i've been saying for ages our defending is awful. That season, 5th, 15 clean sheets really is a one off season from Pardew. Amazed some still dont accept it yet, and how come the so called experts in the media haven't picked up on it. I would have thought that kind of long term goals against would set alarms bells ringing.

The entire defence and midfield looked absolutely petrified in the first half. None of them seemed to have any idea what they were supposed to be doing.

having zero offensive in 3 out of 4 did not help ,Anita ,Tiote ,Sissoko all too similar imho and ironically Anita was our most offensive out of them