Alan Pardew

Mike

we can blame fucking Pardew if he's 'head coach' and he hasn't managed to 'coach' his players how to score from corners in 2 years. he's obviously not that good a coach and should be replaced along with the rest of his other coaching staff  :rant:

that said, it should have happened in the summer

Won't be long at this rate before people get their wish of Pardew sacked and JFK put in charge. There's no scouting needed on a new manager when ours is already at the club waiting for his chance, got to be fairly deluded to think we'll upgrade once Pardew goes. We are fucked under this regime like, which is a shame considering the talent they've brought to the club but won't pay someone good money to manage them.

Guest hatem garrincha

Last Pardew comments : I'm not concerned. Still can finish top 10. It's all defence (and Mapou)

fault. Williamson is the solution.

Won't be long at this rate before people get their wish of Pardew sacked and JFK put in charge. There's no scouting needed on a new manager when ours is already at the club waiting for his chance, got to be fairly deluded to think we'll upgrade once Pardew goes. We are f***ed under this regime like, which is a shame considering the talent they've brought to the club but won't pay someone good money to manage them.

Kindly quote which posters want JFK in charge.

Guest Roger Kint

Won't be long at this rate before people get their wish of Pardew sacked and JFK put in charge. There's no scouting needed on a new manager when ours is already at the club waiting for his chance, got to be fairly deluded to think we'll upgrade once Pardew goes. We are f***ed under this regime like, which is a shame considering the talent they've brought to the club but won't pay someone good money to manage them.

He is obviously saying people want Pardew to go not that they want JFK. Sadly the likelihood is that he will take over as he goes on to say in the next sentence.

I'd sooner have him than Thunderbirds Pardew.

Guest reefatoon

I just can't see JFK coming in to be our new manager like.  On health reasons alone, there is no way he would be capable of taking over, and I don't  think even Ashley is that stupid to sign a death warrant for his so called friend and drinking buddy.  The Kinnear managerial boat has well and truly sailed, just don't see him taking over from Pardew.

I just can't see JFK coming in to be our new manager like.  On health reasons alone, there is no way he would be capable of taking over, and I don't  think even Ashley is that stupid to sign a death warrant for his so called friend and drinking buddy.  The Kinnear managerial boat has well and truly sailed, just don't see him taking over from Pardew.

I tend to agree. What is a problem is that he will have a say on who is.

Guest Roger Kint

I agree with both. What we end up with given the Harford shambles is frightening.

He can't be any worse than Ashley at picking managers.

don't you find it interesting he's crawled out from under his rock the last 2 matches with ashley though?  awfully coincidental to me but agree in principle it'd be madness to appoint him on health grounds

He is obviously saying people want Pardew to go not that they want JFK. Sadly the likelihood is that he will take over as he goes on to say in the next sentence.

Tbf, i thought he was having one of his usual pops at what he sees as the Downer Crowd. We're all terrified of the idea of JFK in charge of anything!

I think i can say that if i had a choice between Pardew and JFK, i'd probably stick with Pardew.

I don't think Pardew is a complete idiot or utterly clueless. The idea is preposterous. Of course he knows about football, possibly more than all of us put together. It's what he's done professionally for quite a while now.

He has however got himself and us into a rut that he can't seem to get us all out of. And it's happened to him before. He doesn't appear to have the ability or the character to turn it around in time. I'm sure there's a lot of other bang average managers who would be in the same boat if they were here. The situation is not in any helped by our ideaology of buying players based on whether or not they're a bargain and not whether we need them for the team. i think that's definitely been a hindrance to him and will be to the next guy if we keep with the same stupid policy.

Guest Roger Kint

Tbf, i thought he was having one of his usual pops at what he sees as the Downer Crowd. We're all terrified of the idea of JFK in charge of anything!

I think i can say that if i had a choice between Pardew and JFK, i'd probably stick with Pardew.

I don't think Pardew is a complete idiot or utterly clueless. The idea is preposterous. Of course he knows about football, possibly more than all of us put together. It's what he's done professionally for quite a while now.

He has however got himself and us into a rut that he can't seem to get us all out of. And it's happened to him before. He doesn't appear to have the ability or the character to turn it around in time. I'm sure there's a lot of other bang average managers who would be in the same boat if they were here. The situation is not in any helped by our ideaology of buying players based on whether or not they're a bargain and not whether we need them for the team. i think that's definitely been a hindrance to him and will be to the next guy if we keep with the same stupid policy.

Think thats pretty much how i see it too :thup:

He can't be any worse than Ashley at picking managers.

One of us could get the gig . :lol:

The situation is not in any helped by our ideaology of buying players based on whether or not they're a bargain and not whether we need them for the team. i think that's definitely been a hindrance to him and will be to the next guy if we keep with the same stupid policy.

the thing is, by the logic of your own point in the same post there's nothing in his history to suggest getting the players he wants is any help to him either :lol:

The situation is not in any helped by our ideaology of buying players based on whether or not they're a bargain and not whether we need them for the team. i think that's definitely been a hindrance to him and will be to the next guy if we keep with the same stupid policy.

the thing is, by the logic of your own point in the same post there's nothing in his history to suggest getting the players he wants is any help to him either :lol:

Well, for NUFC we've got Obertan and Ba. That's a hit and a miss.

Think thats pretty much how i see it too :thup:

Hard to disagree with that. I've always said that Pardew's biggest weakness is his inability to turn round a slump. Well, for the last year and a bit anyway. In the 5th season we did have dips but manage to get straight back on track.

Well i wasn't haven't a go at anyone actually, simply pointing out those who want Pardew out asap are basically lining up up JFK to take over. To think otherwise is a bit silly, he'll be odds on immiediatley soon as Pardew goes. I agree with all of above above, i simply want to keep Pardew in fear of JFK taking over, it's not a gamble i want to be taking, although with the fixtures coming up and if more bad results arrive, we'll probably have no option but to take the gamble and pray.

Guest reefatoon

Well i wasn't haven't a go at anyone actually, simply pointing out those who want Pardew out asap are basically lining up up JFK to take over. To think otherwise is a bit silly, he'll be odds on immiediatley soon as Pardew goes. I agree with all of above above, i simply want to keep Pardew in fear of JFK taking over, it's not a gamble i want to be taking, although with the fixtures coming up and if more bad results arrive, we'll probably have no option but to take the gamble and pray.

I don't think it is silly at all.  Kinnear is a small fright away from an exploding pacemaker, there is no way on earth he will become our next manager unless Ashley is hoping to see him flop down dead on the touchline for some sick twisted reason.  To automatically think Kinnear is nailed on is a little silly.