Alan Pardew

Mike

At least some of the players currently appear to like Pardew a bit.

See, dude, you'll realise the drawback of that if you get this job you're interviewing for. They aren't playing for him and haven't been for months.

I know - I can't deny that. But the second half at Everton (as nominal an improvement as it was) provides some evidence that there's at least a tiny modicum of respect left there. With Kinnear there'd be absolutely zero. I'm just saying it wouldn't be worth the switch.

Pardew is just perpetuating this complete and utter sideshow. At least with Kinnear it'll either get better or the wheels will fall off completely and Ashley will be forced to act to save his investment.

jfk wouldn't last long

That's another thing. If Pardew gets sacked and Kinnear gets the job, we're basically rid of both.

:clap:

Totally agree.  There's a strong belief that Joke will replace Pardew when he's binned.  The sooner this happens the sooner we'll be rid of Pardew and the sooner Joke will be on the road to ruin and getting binned also.  Then we can hopefully move forward as a club and get someone decent in place.  Getting all this out the way before xmas would be useful and at least give us a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

Guest chopey

If JFK took over he wont be standing in a dugout he'll be standing in his coffin and that will be on Ashley's conscience. 

Guest chopey

If JFK took over he wont be standing in a dugout he'll be standing in his coffin and that will be on Ashley's conscience. 

Will it f***, he'll have sports direct plastered on the side of the casket.

HaHa

Am I the only one that doesn't subscribe to the often floated theory of:

"No manager will work under Ashley/Kinnear"?

depends, some will work under Ashley, considerably less (ie next to none imho and no one of any actual talent) will agree to work with Kinnear in charge of "recruitment"

depends, some will work under Ashley, considerably less (ie next to none imho and no one of any actual talent) will agree to work with Kinnear in charge of "recruitment"

Most teams on the continent use a DOF system though and i doubt many on the continent have ever heard the name Joe Kinnear.

I just feel it's overblown that's all.

A manager can further both his career and his bank balance at NUFC.

Most teams on the continent use a DOF system though and i doubt many on the continent have ever heard the name Joe Kinnear.

they can do some basic research before taking the role and discover what a moron he is and change their mind, or just spend 5 minutes talking to him to find out.

And Ashley won't appoint any continental manager.

they can do some basic research before taking the role and discover what a moron he is and change their mind, or just spend 5 minutes talking to him to find out.

How would you happen to know this?

I don't see anybody who is proven to be good coming to work for JFK. It's an oxymoron. Forget it, it's not going to happen. That's why I think the most likely 'best case' is an unknown foreigner, another Ashley gamble.

It's obviously more likely to be a Poyet or Di Matteo, of course, but to me that wouldn't be the best outcome.

I'd take your hand off for Poyet or Di Matteo, at least I could regain some hope that we won't be shite by default.

What makes you think they'd be 'that' much better than AP though? What have they proven elsewhere to give you that confidence?

Edit - and forget about the CL victory for RDM. I had just as much to do with that as he did.

Well Chelsea were quite a rugged team under Jose, what did stand out for me about Di Matteo was that they started playing very fluid football when he had them for a while. Other than that i agree he's untested. but no doubt at all in my mind that both he and Poyet would get us playing with better shape and movement than Pardew, just by looking at the teams they've already managed.

precedent he hasn't before and its hard to see him starting now, it will either be JFK or one of JFK's mates

Guest Haris Vuckic

Anyone who can down 4 pints of Carling in a minute can have the job.

Hasn't been done - so he hasn't been sacked.

precedent he hasn't before and its hard to see him starting now, it will either be JFK or one of JFK's mates

It's far from certain IMO but I can see your point.

What makes people so confident that Ashley would bin Kinnear? He obviously believes in the deluded old cunt to involve him (twice) in the first place. Nobody else in world football would.

Guest neesy111

What makes people so confident that Ashley would bin Kinnear? He obviously believes in the deluded old cunt to involve him (twice) in the first place. Nobody else in world football would.

Probably still has that managers contract in his draw somewhere.

Im more expecting/hoping for a different kind of termination