Alan Pardew

Mike

I know it was only in jest, I think, but when you rack it up alongside all the other negative soundbites, it's frustrating to listen to. Oh well, not gonna dwell on his bullshit again. Good win, good job. On to the next one. Let's see what next week's like. :lol:

Unpopular selection and substitutes that ultimately paid off. Yes, we sat back too much after their goal, but I can only think of one clear cut chance after that. Tiote played well, and we didn't miss Hatem that much in terms of creating chances. Not a great deal to complain about tonight.

There's no space for considered logic that this here, you should be ashamed. We get fifty thousand fans in a week and have some players who are decent in FM - we should be winning every game by at least three goals and doing it like Keegan's entertainers.

Unpopular selection and substitutes that ultimately paid off. Yes, we sat back too much after their goal, but I can only think of one clear cut chance after that. Tiote played well, and we didn't miss Hatem that much in terms of creating chances. Not a great deal to complain about tonight.

There's no space for considered logic that this here, you should be ashamed. We get fifty thousand fans in a week and have some players who are decent in FM - we should be winning every game by at least three goals and doing it like Keegan's entertainers.

:anguish:

:anguish:

Jesus :lol:

So mock if you wish that "credit where credit is due" or "negative no matter what" but the top and bottom of it is, Newcastle United is better than this, deserves better than this and should be striving for better than this.

Beautiful. That's it.

:notbad:

Criticised him for not playing hba/Anita/mym, he proved what I know, s*** all, great result, great tactics! Got a bit nervy when they scored which once again our players need to improve on but overall it was a sense of relief and satisfaction! Love international breaks on the back of a win!....Apologies to those who wanted him to lose so he would be sacked!

Such a wum cunt.

We cant continue with Williamson in the centre of defence, we will be destroyed by both Arsenal and Liverpool. HBA needs to start on the opposing flank to Remy with either Cisse/Gouffran up top. I dont mind the midfield 3 of Tiote, Sissoko and Cabaye for the big games. Tiote seems to perform against the better sides, happy for Anita to come in against lesser opposition.

:notbad:

Criticised him for not playing hba/Anita/mym, he proved what I know, s*** all, great result, great tactics! Got a bit nervy when they scored which once again our players need to improve on but overall it was a sense of relief and satisfaction! Love international breaks on the back of a win!....Apologies to those who wanted him to lose so he would be sacked!

Such a wum cunt.

Careful now, Inochi will be along to assess your conduct.

Well, I enjoyed the win yesterday, but I'm conflicted because I still don't see any direction. Pardew himself seemed bemused in the interview afterwards about not being able to get a 90 min performance, but that doesn't really surprise me. We've got some good players, but it's a collection of individuals and that's a reflection of our buying policy and having a double glazing sales rep for a manager. On reflection, a loss would have been better for us if it got this gormless prick the sack. As it is, looks like we'll just limp along in another season of mediocrity.

Let's not get carried away about a victory over Cardiff. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, it doesn't mean its any use as a timepiece.

We limped over the line against a very mediocre, newly-promoted side. Whoop-de-fucking-do. It's the very least we should expect.

Guest ScotBear

I'm not a fan of Pardew, however, I really don't think sacking him at this time would be the right move. I would just foresee another average manager being appointed with average to poor results following an initial burst of false optimism.

The primary problem for me is Ashley and the environment he creates for his managers to operate in. From bringing in Joe Kinnear (twice), to Dennis Wise, to two disappointing summers in the transfer market, to failing to connect with and understand the supporters........I just think Ashley is a man who doesn't understand football, doesn't understand the fans, and either doesn't have good people around him to advise on football matters or is too arrogant to listen to those people he appoints to deal with the running of the club.

Bringing in Wise was a horrible idea. Bringing in Kinnear was a horrible idea. Whether or not behind the scenes these relationships are actually bearing some fruit (in our case I heavily doubt it), at the very least, in British football, such appointments always lead to bad PR for the club, awkward questions for the manager and surely puts doubt in the mind of players and managers (both current players and potential future signings/managers) as to whether they would want to be a part of a club that has an air of unpredictability and division about it.

Until Ashley shows a bit more leadership quality, an ability to promote Newcastle as a club that is very much together from the chairman to the manager to the players to the fans........then I just think this environment is simply going to lead to one failed manager after another. For the last 10 years we've been in the main a bottom half of the table club, and have even been relegated.........our problems are longstanding and certainly don't begin and end with Alan Pardew.

I'm not a fan of Pardew, however, I really don't think sacking him at this time would be the right move. I would just foresee another average manager being appointed with average to poor results following an initial burst of false optimism.

The primary problem for me is Ashley and the environment he creates for his managers to operate in. From bringing in Joe Kinnear (twice), to Dennis Wise, to two disappointing summers in the transfer market, to failing to connect with and understand the supporters........I just think Ashley is a man who doesn't understand football, doesn't understand the fans, and either doesn't have good people around him to advise on football matters or is too arrogant to listen to those people he appoints to deal with the running of the club.

Bringing in Wise was a horrible idea. Bringing in Kinnear was a horrible idea. Whether or not behind the scenes these relationships are actually bearing some fruit (in our case I heavily doubt it), at the very least, in British football, such appointments always lead to bad PR for the club, awkward questions for the manager and surely puts doubt in the mind of players and managers (both current players and potential future signings/managers) as to whether they would want to be a part of a club that has an air of unpredictability and division about it.

Until Ashley shows a bit more leadership quality, an ability to promote Newcastle as a club that is very much together from the chairman to the manager to the players to the fans........then I just think this environment is simply going to lead to one failed manager after another. For the last 10 years we've been in the main a bottom half of the table club, and have even been relegated.........our problems are longstanding and certainly don't begin and end with Alan Pardew.

:thup:

I want Pardew sacked but given Kinnear is definitely going to be next in line Pardew is our best bet :(

I know what you mean. My wanting of Pardew to be sacked is based on the principle that he doesn't deserve the job. It's almost certain, too, that we will not progress under him. However, it would be blind and unsupported optimism to think a managerial change would spark a revival that had any sort of longevity to it. Most likely because we'd turn to another bargain bin manager to replace him. As long as Ashley upholds his laissez-faire attitude towards the club and the sport itself, we're banking solely on another fluke, akin to 11/12, if we want any success.

Sometimes I wake up dying for us to get rid of Pardew, other days I just think "maybe we should save ourselves more hassle and just stick it out until they're all gone".

It's depressing, and I say this on the back of a win! We will win games though, enough for us to stay up and exist within the cash cow of the Premier League, but that's the ceiling of our potential under this régime. Three points at Cardiff isn't going to change my prediction of the future under Ashley.

I think, as a group of supporters, we're just going to have to be more patient than we've ever been. People aren't wrong to want rid of Pardew, but the problems do run much deeper. Only when Ashley is gone should we have optimism that can be founded in any way.

I know, very pessimistic but that's just my honest opinion.

You were saying you never thought we'd get close to Swansea.  I don't think it's a ridiculous notion that we might.

aaah yes, i did say that, and you're right to pull me up on it tbf...i don't think we'll finish above them but yeah we might not be a million miles away from them, it's not beyond the realms of possibility

anyway as stated you can have your bet if you factor the points swing for europe against swansea

Aye, ok then.  Tenner says we'll  finish 5 points or more ahead of Swansea @ 4/1.

Gerrin Southampton  :whistle:

:coolsmiley:

O0

Let's not get carried away about a victory over Cardiff. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, it doesn't mean its any use as a timepiece.

We limped over the line against a very mediocre, newly-promoted side. Whoop-de-fucking-do. It's the very least we should expect.

They beat Man City though, whilst I agree we should be aiming to outplay and control games against these sort of sides, a win is a win, especially considering our propensity to be shit away from home (which has been the case for aeons) and ability to roll over for the promoted sides every year.

Don't get me wrong - I despise Pardew and I'm feeling a lot of apathy at the moment. It's just nice to win tbh.