Alan Pardew

Mike

Kudos to Pardew for that 1st half. He should have asked them to go out and try to kill the match in the second but he played the usual chickenshit game.

Pardew needs to grow a pair if he is ever going to be successful here, his negative tactics have cost us to many points. Stupid subs in the second half, but lady luck smiled to us today..

People really view things differently in terms of what constitutes sitting back and and what it is to be pinned back.

I tend to think it was 20 minutes of the latter with Mutch causing us big problems after we initially came out full of pressing, same as the first half.

Doesn't it concern you we totally lose our shape in the second half and we dropped too deep which created the space for Mutch?

I like your optimism but tactically the second half wasn't great from our point of view and it's hardly the first time it's happened under Pardew.

Aye, it was nail biting s***.  Not sure we particularly "lost" our shape.  We basically played with 2 at the back first half  :laugh:

People want the moon 0n a stick though, they want attractive attacking football with wing backs bombing forwards and creating chance after chance...but they also want a solid back line of 4 keeping shape and concentration avoiding any gaps leading to mistakes.  Bayern Munich can pull that off, but I think it asks a lot of Mike Williamson et al.

I'm sorry but a "footballer" playing at the highest level of the English game should be capable with the ball at his feet. FFS some keepers are better with the ball at their feet than Williamson is, this is a big issue and the fact it hasn't improved throughout his time here really points at a lack of quality coaching.

And we did have shape in the first half, the shape was very aggressive due to us playing in that manner. We got tight in the first half, we pressed well high up the pitch in the first half we looked like a team in the first half.

If the drop off doesn't concern you then I'll leave you in blissful ignorance sir.

How do you think Cardiff's performance changed second half in comparison to the first?

Of course Cardiff came out with their ears ringing second half, that's not even for debate but our levels dropped, our tactics changed.

We went in at half time with an attitude of we are going to score more and keep out foot on the throttle and in the second half that mentality changed.

One sure fired way to concede chances is to be indecisive, dropping deep without becoming compact, defending with width but not getting tight. This is exactly how we we're for spells in the second half and it's no different to how we defended in the first half vs Everton.

As I've said if this doesn't concern you that's fine but for me personally it's a huge concern because tactically it's not good enough.

Guest icemanblue

Kudos to Pardew for that 1st half. He should have asked them to go out and try to kill the match in the second but he played the usual chickenshit game.

Pardew needs to grow a pair if he is ever going to be successful here, his negative tactics have cost us to many points. Stupid subs in the second half, but lady luck smiled to us today..

What a load of shit, man. Knew people were going to be saying this. :lol: We started the second half as we ended the first, closing down high up the pitch and creating chances. After the goal, the manager, players, and fans shit themselves, no doubt on the back of our shaky as fuck form.

Guest neesy111

What a load of shit, man. Knew people were going to be saying this. :lol: We started the second half as we ended the first, closing down high up the pitch and creating chances. After the goal, the manager, players, and fans shit themselves, no doubt on the back of our shaky as fuck form.

:rolleyes:

Guest icemanblue

I know, right!

Guest neesy111

I know, right!

:thup:

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

8 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W5 D1 L2

Probably one loss too many from those games.  But not the catastrophe some feared.

If you're including league cup games then you're a joke, a complete joke.

I was getting wrong off people for leaving them out earlier in the thread  :lol:

It's a fucking joke.  Morecambe ffs, good job.  Why not stick in a few pre-season friendlies while you're at it.

you're spouting off because we have a less than 50% win record in the PL?  You're crowing because we hung on for a win against the mighty Cardiff city?  You're including Morecambe and Leeds in your list of winnable games?

Sorry, I expect better.

Crowing?

I said we lost one too many from that batch of games.

You didn't think Morcambe or Leeds were winnable and should have seen Pardew's job endangered if we'd lost?

Yeah we've played well today tbf.

And Cardiff have been there for the taking tbf.

We should be looking to even out our GD here.

That would have been winning by four goals. You want the moon on a stick, you.

:lol: :thup:

Guest bimpy474

I thought we carried on closing down but not as a unit like the first half. The defence dropped ten yards deeper but the midfield and forwards carried on closing down higher up. Leaving a space between the defence and midfield which Tiote had trouble dealing with. Left us a bit messy and out of shape from then on.

We still had 4 or 5 good chances to finish the game, which we dont normally do when we sit/get pushed back.

Guest icemanblue

I thought we carried on closing down but not as a unit like the first half. The defence dropped ten yards deeper but the midfield and forwards carried on closing down higher up. Leaving a space between the defence and midfield which Tiote had trouble dealing with. Left us a bit messy and out of shape from then on.

We still had 4 or 5 good chances to finish the game, which we dont normally do when we get sit/get pushed back.

Excellent tactical insight, that. None of it actually happened, like.

Guest bimpy474

We still had 4 or 5 good chances to finish the game, which we dont normally do when we get sit/get pushed back.

It was from what i saw and commented on during the game itself.

You really know fuck all when you watch dont you.

Guest neesy111

That's your opinion.  I'd say we sat deeper 2nd half and our midfield was non-existent for the last 25 minutes.

We should have been up by that much by half time.

Guest bimpy474

We should have been up by that much by half time.

Had Sissoko scored on that breakaway i think we would have won by 4 myself.

Guest icemanblue

That's your opinion.  I'd say we sat deeper 2nd half and our midfield was non-existent for the last 25 minutes.

After the goal we did. For the first fifteen minutes, our shape and intent looked no different from the first half.

Bimpy, no need to get silly. You did sound dead clever. But, I'd expect anyone watching to notice a sudden extra ten yard gap between midfield and defence, compared to the 45 mins before it. It just didn't happen.

After the goal we did. For the first fifteen minutes, our shape and intent looked no different from the first half.

Bimpy, no need to get silly. You did sound dead clever. But, I'd expect anyone watching to notice a sudden extra ten yard gap between midfield and defence, compared to the 45 mins before it. It just didn't happen.

:lol: keep trying son, you might be right one day

Guest icemanblue

Right about what?

Cardiff were poor, we outplayed a poor team in the first half and they came back at us in the 2nd half but didn't have enough to change the result and will probably go down.

Pardew was shite before the game and he is still shite now.

Right about what?

Cooking, that's what we discuss here, right? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Cheers Captain Condesending, i'll make sure i note that. I must remember to note you're always right too, about everything.