Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest reefatoon

This thread is like Vanessa Feltz sitting with her gash out.  You know for a fact it is going to be disgusting to look at, but you just can't help yourself looking anyway, and when you do, you end up annoyed and feeling a little queasy, yet you always come back for another glance.

Missed most of the talk in here today but people were talking about 8th placed finishes.

I would be delighted with 8th this season. We're going to be fighting with the likes of west brom, southampton, swansea etc and if we came 8th it would mean we were the best of the rest outside the usual top 7.

Nothing to be particularly proud of but would be a decent season considering the lack of investment and ambition from the board and the quality of our manager.

There will always be people that defend the manger no matter what, it's their right and it's to be expected. I mean their were still people supporting Souness right up to the end ffs :)

The Wigan game before the Stoke cup tie, the away fans booed Allardyce for touching the ball.

They also chanted we're s*** and we're sick of it.

The Liverpool game had the home fans applauding Liverpool fan's for chanting Big Sam for England, before joining in themselves.

It's an obtuse point but at times the board is dogged by posters who post in nothing but absolutist prose. Even if you type like you're right all the time, you're not.

You talking about Ronaldo then? lol...

The Wigan game before the Stoke cup tie, the away fans booed Allardyce for touching the ball.

They also chanted we're s*** and we're sick of it.

The Liverpool game had the home fans applauding Liverpool fan's for chanting Big Sam for England, before joining in themselves.

It's an obtuse point but at times the board is dogged by posters who post in nothing but absolutist prose. Even if you type like you're right all the time, you're not.

You talking about Ronaldo then? :papiss:

f

y

p

Guest bimpy474

This thread is like Vanessa Feltz sitting with her gash out.  You know for a fact it is going to be disgusting to look at, but you just can't help yourself looking anyway, and when you do, you end up annoyed and feeling a little queasy, yet you always come back for another glance.

Is this aimed in my direction ?.

Guest reefatoon

Is this aimed in my direction ?.

:lol:

Coming in 8th out of 20 is something that would please you. That just absolutely boggles my mind.

Is there a back four among the leagues best 7 clubs you would not swap with?

I'd prefer to have the ones we've got being coached correctly before I'd go rushing out to swap anyone.

What's the next painfully depressing and wildly incorrect prediction Wullie?

Took us 2 games to rise above the 16th position we supposedly wouldn't move from all season.

I leave the painfully depressing stuff to the "8th is fantastic" brigade.

:lol: Brett?

He's quoted it like i've said that. Wullie thinks we should be pushing into top 6 but thinks we are in a relegation battle, ambitious pessimistic clown  :lol:

What on Earth are you talking about man?

My position has always been that the players are comfortably good enough to compete for European qualification whilst the manager is not close to being Premier League quality and drags them down, fails to get the best out of them and leaves us constantly less than the sum of our parts.

How does any of that contradict what I've said?

:undecided:

I think you're sitting on the fence a bit, if we finish top 8, you'll say well so he should with that group of players, if we finish in another relegation battle, you'll be blaming the manager and not the players.

Fwiw i don't think even a good manager would get us into top 6 this season, i think Everton have themselves a good manager and a similar standard of squad to ours but don't think he'll manage it, they will be similar to us where we will try and fight for it but will come up short in the end.

Coming in 8th out of 20 is something that would please you. That just absolutely boggles my mind.

I'd prefer to have the ones we've got being coached correctly before I'd go rushing out to swap anyone.

Took us 2 games to rise above the 16th position we supposedly wouldn't move from all season.

He's quoted it like i've said that. Wullie thinks we should be pushing into top 6 but thinks we are in a relegation battle, ambitious pessimistic clown  :lol:

My position has always been that the players are comfortably good enough to compete for European qualification whilst the manager is not close to being Premier League quality and drags them down, fails to get the best out of them and leaves us constantly less than the sum of our parts.

I think you're sitting on the fence a bit, if we finish top 8, you'll say well so he should with that group of players, if we finish in another relegation battle, you'll be blaming the manager and not the players.

Fwiw i don't think even a good manager would get us into top 6 this season, i think Everton have themselves a good manager and a similar standard of squad to ours but don't think he'll manage it, they will be similar to us where we will try and fight for it but will come up short in the end.

Sitting on the fence on what sense? I think the manager is obscenely shit at his job. What part of that sentence constitutes sitting on the fence? :lol:

It's got nothing to do with where we finish, top 8 isn't a massive achievement on it's own (we were 8 points off it last season and we were nearly relegated.)

We just should be up there competing for a European place playing a non-cowardly style of football that isn't mind numbingly boring. The actual position we finish in doesn't really matter (to a degree)

Guest reefatoon

Feltz' gash is back.

:spit:

Didn't realise i was the gash personally, i was assuming you meant the thread in general  :lol:

:lol:  No you are not the gash mate, maybe an ingrown pube

Sitting on the fence on what sense? I think the manager is obscenely s*** at his job. What part of that sentence constitutes sitting on the fence? :lol:

I agree that he's a shit manager but i think with this group of players he can still have a good season. What does Pardew have to do this season for you to look back on and say 'he's done well there'. Win a cup? Finish top 6? Top 8?...Avoid another relegation battle? Surely you can’t be of the opinion that he’s done shit regardless of what he achieves from now on?

It's got nothing to do with where we finish, top 8 isn't a massive achievement on it's own (we were 8 points off it last season and we were nearly relegated.)

We just should be up there competing for a European place playing a non-cowardly style of football that isn't mind numbingly boring. The actual position we finish in doesn't really matter (to a degree)

This is true. Out of interest, do you think we are currently playing mind-numbingly boring and cowardly football?

The results have been far from perfect but personally think the football has been a lot more positive on the whole. Not that this is difficult after last season like.

This is true. Out of interest, do you think we are currently playing mind-numbingly boring and cowardly football?

The results have been far from perfect but personally think the football has been a lot more positive on the whole. Not that this is difficult after last season like.

I think some are so far gone, they can't see the change, blinkered by their hatred and passion for the bloke to fail.

He would probably need a couple of seasons of sustained success now to win people round again. Not that anything like that is going to happen, so it's a moot point really.

Would you say that's fair? 3 good seasons out of 4 for people to be behind him?

He would probably need a couple of seasons of sustained success now to win people round again. Not that anything like that is going to happen, so it's a moot point really.

Would you say that's fair? 3 good seasons out of 4 for people to be behind him?

Probably not, no. I can't see anything he can realistic do that will win people round now. Maybe a dramatic change in his style of football would do it over the next year or so.

Guest firetotheworks

That's boo hoo nonsense man. If he did his job properly he'd get way less criticism. It doesn't take a revolution to go into matches without excuses lined up, to have players move off the ball and to not sit back after taking the lead.

It's basic, easily noticeable stuff that's gone on for a long time. He's not powerless to anything, he's just not good enough by a mile.

If he changed those things it would be different, but I can't see it happening.

We've shown reasonable quality in 2-3 games, but in 2-3 others "mind-numbingly boring and cowardly football" probably isn't that far off. It's an improvement on large parts of last season like, but not enough to have me exited for the season, especially when the manager is dropping Ben Arfa because he hasn't got a clue how to use him.

Brett, you just talk constant shit like. Please pack it in.

Brett, you just talk constant s*** like. Please pack it in.

What shit Hans? I've pretty much said I think Pardew is shit, we'll finish top 8 with some decent football and i think we've got a talented group of players playing for us who excite me? And i also think M.Utd/M.City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool are nailed on to take the top 6 positions?

I think some are so far gone, they can't see the change, blinkered by their hatred and passion for the bloke to fail.

What does this bollocks mean, man?

People are "so far gone" because they know he's a shite manager, it's pointless acting otherwise. He's fucking shite and in turn we're fucking shite (and on the whole we have been shite this season). If you're trying to say that people actively want Newcastle - and therefore Pardew - to fail, then aye, you're talking shite :lol:

What does this bollocks mean, man?

People are "so far gone" because they know he's a s**** manager, it's pointless acting otherwise. He's f***ing s**** and in turn we're f***ing s****. If you're trying to say that people actively want Newcastle - and therefore Pardew - to fail, then aye, you're talking s**** :lol:

We had people saying before Cardiff they wanted us to lose if meant he would be sacked, when you're saying that, you're too far gone imo.