Alan Pardew

Mike

I don't get this "I pay their wages, I have a right to know" bullshit.

It's like phoning up BT and demanding to know why the chief was off sick for a week, all because you pay £30/month to them for your calls and broadband. They'd laugh in your face and hang up on you, and rightly so.

Some things are more important than work (irrespective of your job - it is only a job), and some things are nobody's business but your own. I'm as interested as anyone in why he went back to Argentina, that's human nature, but we don't have a right to know anything.

Not the same thing at all - if the head honcho of BT is ill, that is very unlikely to affect your telephone service so you wouldn't be interested in ringing them about it....if one of the top players at the football club you support clears off, then that IS likely to affect the team's performance and fans want to know why...by your reasoning, even a player being injured gives the fans no right to know why he is not playing if the club or player don't feel like telling them.

If BT were not providing you with a good service, you would leave them and get another supplier...would you do this if your football club also lets you down..?

14 points from 9 games is the minimum he should be expecting from that squad tbh regardless of when we made our signings.

From those fixtures, absolutely.

Yep, 4 wins from Villa, Hull, Cardiff, Fulham, West Ham & Sunderland with a couple of draws dotted around should be standard.

How many clubs managed 14 points from those 18 last season? Swapping hull for Wigan and that? Genuinely interested to know.

City will also get points against the top 6-7 which we seem to struggle at. Fwiw, we've only got 10 from those 6 so far. 14 points from 9 games would be a good tally because I doubt we'll get many more than 6-7 points in our next 6, so 20 from 15 games isn't so impressive.

14 points from 9 games is the minimum he should be expecting from that squad tbh regardless of when we made our signings.

From those fixtures, absolutely.

Yep, 4 wins from Villa, Hull, Cardiff, Fulham, West Ham & Sunderland with a couple of draws dotted around should be standard.

How many clubs managed 14 points from those 18 last season? Swapping hull for Wigan and that? Genuinely interested to know.

City will also get points against the top 6-7 which we seem to struggle at. Fwiw, we've only got 10 from those 6 so far. 14 points from 9 games would be a good tally because I doubt we'll get many more than 6-7 points in our next 6, so 20 from 15 games isn't so impressive.

50 points over a season. Enough to finish 8th last year. I think 7th/8th is the best we could realistically hope to achieve. Unless you're really optimistic.

50 points won't get 8th this season I doubt, but 50-54 points I reckon is our level. That's hardly optimistic because I still think that's average with the players we have.

Sorry. I was confused. Thought you were saying our form isn't good enough. But what we have and what you excpect is in the 50-54 point range. I think that's achievable, but nowt much more.

I wouldn't demand the managers head if we got 48 points though.

According to Pardew we can't compete, the top 4 tonight is:

Arsenal

Liverpool

Southampton

Everton

I don't think they'll be in those positions at the end of the season but at least they are giving it a go and not settling for being where people think they should be.

Discussed this before, but for me Lukaku and Baines would walk into our team and you could also make a case for one of Jagielka/Distin. I wouldn't have many other Everton players in our first XI.

Swap Martinez for Pardew this season and you can basically swap the league positions too imo.

Everton are a cohesive team and have been so for nearly the last ten years. We are always confused about how to fit our talented players on the pitch, which way the team should play, and whether our new players can adjust. Everton just seem to get on with things and keep going.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/26/newcastle-pardew-attack-sunderland

Alan Pardew's rediscovery of his inner purist this season means he will field three strikers at the Stadium of Light on Sunday as Newcastle United attempt to exact revenge for Sunderland's 3-0 victory on Tyneside in April.

After topping last season's Premier League long ball charts, Newcastle are now playing a much more intricate passing game constructed around a 4-3-3 system. "I really think the team is in decent shape," says Pardew. "I've set it up in much more attacking mode with three strikers and will continue to do so regardless of who they are.

"I like the feel of this team – it's got goals. I'd like to lock up the back door a bit more but I'm not going to stray from what I think is the way forward for Newcastle and that's to try to score goals."

Sounds good to me. Let's see it. :indi:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/26/newcastle-pardew-attack-sunderland

Alan Pardew's rediscovery of his inner purist this season means he will field three strikers at the Stadium of Light on Sunday as Newcastle United attempt to exact revenge for Sunderland's 3-0 victory on Tyneside in April.

After topping last season's Premier League long ball charts, Newcastle are now playing a much more intricate passing game constructed around a 4-3-3 system. "I really think the team is in decent shape," says Pardew. "I've set it up in much more attacking mode with three strikers and will continue to do so regardless of who they are.

"I like the feel of this team – it's got goals. I'd like to lock up the back door a bit more but I'm not going to stray from what I think is the way forward for Newcastle and that's to try to score goals."

I imagine he might get some stick for wishing anything other than a year on year slide into non-league annihilation, but I agree with him about Sunderland too.

Getting fucking edgy now after being fairly chilled about our chances tomorrow. :lol:

Just desperately want to see Hatem have 'one of those games' if he plays up top again.

Just desperately want to see Hatem have 'one of those games' if he plays up top again.

Fully expecting Cattermole and/or Bardsley openly attempting to crock him inside 5mins.

http://www.collegesocialmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/scared.jpg

Hallelujah!