Alan Pardew

Mike

Every single decision made on the field and every single player picked on the team is going to be put under the microscope in the remaining games until we're safe. If he fucks up again and we lose this weekend because of stupidity then this place will be crazy.

It's either:

a) He has bad ideas

b) He has good ideas but communicates them poorly

c) He has good ideas and communicates them well but ALL the players are bad at taking instructions.

Either a or b is clearly more probable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

May I adopt this one at my work to justify my incompetence?

Jurgen Klopp; "The only way to reach your dream is to be brave." And that is the biggest problem with Pardew, his lack of football bravery, his cowardice. Setting up his teams negatively, highlighted with his starting selection against Benfica at home (some people on her ludicrously defended this) and Liverpool last weekend. This attitude is not going to change, as Pardew is incapable of coaching the present set of players we have to attack a game without us getting picked off on the counter. Letting our hair down at Spurs, Wigan away (4-0) and Man Utd (4-3) and Arsenal (7-3) illustrate the point perfectly. Talking of cowardice, Ashley is in danger of joining Pardew, firstly by employing him in the first place and secondly in not sacking him. Hopefully this summer he grows some balls as well.

I agree. The mind boggling thing though is how last season we had some games where we actually went for it on the whole. Stoke, West Brom and Bolton away, as well as the home matches against Man Utd and Liverpool off the top of my head. Why is it not a basic characteristic of his football when it has produced some great results?

Spurs and Wigan away last season we were torn to shreds and were never in the game. The other two away games you mention there we had a proper go, and it blew up in our faces. Two different circumstances though. At Old Trafford we nearly came away with a point. The Arsenal result ended up a freak result, and isn't the sort of thing that will happen every week.

Can't get my head around his archaic way of thinking. It must be a fear factor in him, probably because he knows that overall, and in the long term, he's just not good enough.

Guest neesy111

He says there have been a few home truths brought up but there's nothing but a determination to sort it out. Hope he's right.

I really do hope that is the truth, that's the best situation to go forward.

West Brom away we scored most of our goals on the counter. Same thing with Stoke. We attacked when we could but it was built on defending first and taking our chances.

Same thing with Man Utd. at home. Just look at the goals we scored. A Ba goal from a flick-on, a 35-yard freekick and an OG.

Pardew hasn't changed his stance between this year and last. The difference are the results.

Pardew is a manager who likes to win by fine margins. We win based on what we do without the ball.

So when you string together a few 1-0's, 2-1's in 5 matches the confidence flows that you can do that and we did it last year. Keep it steady, go ahead and have the confidence to see it out or score another on the break. But that's the fine margin. We never won from behind last year because Plan A, B, C involve a clean sheet or atleast being equal/

Even though we finished 5th, we ended on GD of +5. We beat a few sides comfortably 3-0 but we didn't score 4's, 5's and 6's like a side in 5th might do to a few sides in a season.

This year, the fine line has swung in the opposite direction. Can't hold on to our leads. The team has no confidence it can do it and we aren't set-up to score and impose.

You can see he's STILL trying to recreate last season's start by being defensive and hoping to nick a goal. That's how we beat Fulham & Stoke. But it's a limited startegy that simply isn't working and cannot work long-term.

West Brom away we scored most of our goals on the counter. Same thing with Stoke. We attacked when we could but it was built on defending first and taking our chances.

Same thing with Man Utd. at home. Just look at the goals we scored. A Ba goal from a flick-on, a 35-yard freekick and an OG.

Pardew hasn't changed his stance between this year and last. The difference are the results.

Pardew is a manager who likes to win by fine margins. We win based on what we do without the ball.

So when you string together a few 1-0's, 2-1's in 5 matches the confidence flows that you can do that and we did it last year. Keep it steady, go ahead and have the confidence to see it out or score another on the break. But that's the fine margin. We never won from behind last year because Plan A, B, C involve a clean sheet or atleast being equal/

Even though we finished 5th, we ended on GD of +5. We beat a few sides comfortably 3-0 but we didn't score 4's, 5's and 6's like a side in 5th might do to a few sides in a season.

This year, the fine line has swung in the opposite direction. Can't hold on to our leads. The team has no confidence it can do it and we aren't set-up to score and impose.

You can see he's STILL trying to recreate last season's start by being defensive and hoping to nick a goal. That's how we beat Fulham & Stoke. But it's a limited startegy that simply isn't working and cannot work long-term.

Wheres this from?

Guest bimpy474

I hate the bloke but as i want the team to stay up, i hope he finds his balls and lets the team have a right go. And if he does then he will deserve the praise if it works out well.

God that hurt.

I hate the bloke but as i want the team to stay up, i hope he finds his balls and lets the team have a right go. And if he does then he will deserve the praise if it works out well.

God that hurt.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/01078e8440227c126cb1f43a19b7f9a2/tumblr_mgtt3yZDHx1qfhkwwo1_500.jpg

He says there have been a few home truths brought up but there's nothing but a determination to sort it out. Hope he's right.

Yep, hope its the truth. Hope we sort ourselves out, get to safety. End the atrocious season, and sack AP and the coaching staff.

Jurgen Klopp; "The only way to reach your dream is to be brave." And that is the biggest problem with Pardew, his lack of football bravery, his cowardice. Setting up his teams negatively, highlighted with his starting selection against Benfica at home (some people on her ludicrously defended this) and Liverpool last weekend. This attitude is not going to change, as Pardew is incapable of coaching the present set of players we have to attack a game without us getting picked off on the counter. Letting our hair down at Spurs, Wigan away (4-0) and Man Utd (4-3) and Arsenal (7-3) illustrate the point perfectly. Talking of cowardice, Ashley is in danger of joining Pardew, firstly by employing him in the first place and secondly in not sacking him. Hopefully this summer he grows some balls as well.

I was quite happy with Benfica at home tbh. Thought that was the best way to progress and not get picked off by them. That said, its the only game in the past few months I think he's done the right thing.

I don't buy that it's the same as last year, we looked like we had a play, movement, pressing the ball and breaking in numbers. We have no one bar Cisse in front of the ball now, we're static and stand off the player, backing off constantly and we have no option but to punt it forward to Cisse who's picked off by 2 or 3 players.

We're not looking to do anything when we win the ball back and let the opposition come back onto us. Everything is fundamentally wrong, there's no plan but to not let them score, like we're hoping to play out 0-0 every week, puzzling?!?

Yep, hope its the truth. Hope we sort ourselves out, get to safety. End the atrocious season, and sack AP and the coaching staff.

It's surely the only possible reaction at this point... nobody benefits if we go down.

I don't buy that it's the same as last year, we looked like we had a play, movement, pressing the ball and breaking in numbers. We have no one bar Cisse in front of the ball now, we're static and stand off the player, backing off constantly and we have no option but to punt it forward to Cisse who's picked off by 2 or 3 players.

We're not looking to do anything when we win the ball back and let the opposition come back onto us. Everything is fundamentally wrong, there's no plan but to not let them score, like we're hoping to play out 0-0 every week, puzzling?!?

In terms of performance. That period when we had Cisse on fire, Ba playing well and HBA on fire was the only period we played very well. That's 2 months. The rest of the time we where solid in defence and Ba/Taylor/Cabye knicked us goals.

80% of last season was 4-4-2. Tiote/Cabaye sitting deepish. Wingers. We managed a FIFTEEN clean sheets. Cisse/Ba managed 30 goals between em. Pardew's tried and failed to get us solid again whilst ignoring us going forward.

You can't tell me, overall we played excellent football last season. Organised. Spirited. Worked hard, with our quality players showing up when it mattered.

Guest bimpy474

God that hurt.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/01078e8440227c126cb1f43a19b7f9a2/tumblr_mgtt3yZDHx1qfhkwwo1_500.jpg

:snod: