Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Speaking of highly rated Barca kids, what happened to that lad Everton had on loan a couple of seasons ago. I've completely forgotten his name.

The one who played and scored for us on Sunday?

:lol: :lol: f***ing hell, I knew I'd become a bit disolousened (Apple has no idea how to fix that mess) and out of touch but I didn't realise it was that bad.

:lol: :lol: classic Hans

:lol: that's fucking awful hans man

Foster

Jenkinson

Glen Johnson

Wes Brown

Ashley Williams

Carrick

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Ashley Young

Chadli

Rooney

Costa

HM - McManaman, Obi-Mikel, Navas, Lucas, Hererra and Gosling.

Manager - Pardcunt.

Some all-time Premiership ones; Kewell, Carragher, Carsley, Cygan, Babayaro, Alan Smith, Scholes, Owen, Duff, Spearing and Bendtner.

‏@ChelseaFC

JT says can take criticism from top ex-players like Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville, but not ones like Robbie Savage. #CFC

Terry is a twat of the highest order, but you have to admire that stinging attack on Savage :lol:

Other than giving the ball away cheaply in his own half too often, why Oxlade?

Lacks football intelligence, too busy trying to impress with dribbles, not a team player (and not good enough to get away with it like Ben Arfa). Never liked him, though there's always at least one Arsenal player I hate (Ramsay before the leg break, Denilson, Bendtner, Jenkinson, Sczcesny...).

Also looks like a knacker.

Knackered comment aside I think that's a fair comment. Feel for him a little bit as I think he knows he needs to do individualistic and brilliant things to hold down a place in the side, rather than be sensible and smart, and that works against him.

Guest firetotheworks

CS4-hNcWcAAgGNi.jpg

Don't like the bloke at all, but he's absolutely spot on there like. Same goes for Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle, both nothing players commenting on what players competing in the Champions League could have done better.

CS4-hNcWcAAgGNi.jpg

Don't like the bloke at all, but he's absolutely spot on there like. Same goes for Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle, both nothing players commenting on what players competing in the Champions League could have done better.

Don't think that's because they were shite players, more just that they're shite pundits.

I'm torn tbh, if Savage was a good pundit I'd say Terry was full of shit there. Symptomatic of all of the pundit jobs going to the most popular members of the Premier League boys club with nothing else considered. I'd either rather see less punditry altogether or more well informed non-players, than what we have now.

That quote is gash. It's incomprehensible English and his point is shit too. Basically means Messi can only take criticism from Maradona. And Maradona is a fucking nutjob.

Obviously it's nice that he's calling Savage a useless cunt, but I'm not letting that cloud my judgement.

Savage is a shit pundit. But I reckon Terry would have the same opinion if he knew what he was talking about. At the same token - everyone has an opinion on football so I can understand Terry's perspective a little.

At the end of the day - Terry's a gargantuan cunt. Savage's an idiot. It was funny but Terry performing Terry-bly is funnier. And I wish him nothing but misfortune in all his future career endeavors.

Guest firetotheworks

I see a clear divide between professional critics and ex-pros tbh. Ex-pros aren't critics, they're ex-pros who have been employed to talk about football because they were ex-pros and nothing more. Professional Critics generally know what they're talking about and are employed for that reason, not because they once did the same profession.

Would you prefer to read the review of a film from Mark Kermode or Michael Bay?

That quote is gash. It's incomprehensible English and his point is shit too. Basically means Messi can only take criticism from Maradona. And Maradona is a fucking nutjob.

Obviously it's nice that he's calling Savage a useless cunt, but I'm not letting that cloud my judgement.

Take your point, but a lot of it is about punditry style and humility IMO. Savage talks too authoritatively and emotively (because that's his shtick). He'll say something like "it's criminal Terry lost his marker there, should be tracking that run, absolutely inexcusable - shocking defending but Sparky will be delighted as Stoke are 1 up" - whereas someone not particularly good, but innocuous, like Mark Bright, would say "Terry will be disappointed in himself for not tracking that run".

Don't think Terry would go after Bright. I'm just happy he's had a dig at Savage.

I see a clear divide between professional critics and ex-pros tbh. Ex-pros aren't critics, they're ex-pros who have been employed to talk about football because they were ex-pros and nothing more. Professional Critics generally know what they're talking about and are employed for that reason, not because they once did the same profession.

Really? There seems to be ex-pro's (TV, radio) and newspaper journalists (radio, internet). There isn't really a "sports personality" culture in the UK. Closest thing would be James Richardson, Marcotti & Michael Cox who are all employed by newspapers I believe but that isn't what their known of primarily.

I don't count the newspaper as journalists. They have none critical perspectives. A music critic might not have any relationship with the musicians they critique. That isn't the case of sports journalists.