Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

An investment group supported by the Chinese state government is attempting to purchase Liverpool for £700million, The Independent can reveal.

It has emerged that Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group have been aware of the proposal from SinoFortone since March.

SinoFortone, who are fronted by managing director Peter Zhang, has committed £5.2billion towards new projects in the UK over the last 12 months.

They have already explored the potential of building a new stadium in the dockland area of Liverpool, appreciating that Anfield’s new main stand will be completed in September.

Their plans also involve the redevelopment of the club’s training ground at Melwood and the installation of a series of football academies across China.

It is believed that Fenway, who are led by John W. Henry, are reluctant to sell Liverpool at this moment and have been unreceptive to the approach.

It's like when Rooney was filming a message for the England fans the other day. So blatantly reading. As if you need a script to say: "Howay man, calm down. Stop fighting or we'll get kicked out. Pricks"

I've been watching the Euro's here in Canada, and TSN have the Canadian women's national manager as a pundit. The guys knows his stuff, not afraid to say things and stick the boot in (especially towards England), OK it's easier for him to say on Canadian TV than it would be on English TV. I think he's certainly worthy of a club team taking a chance on him as manager.

I've been watching the Euro's here in Canada, and TSN have the Canadian women's national manager as a pundit. The guys knows his stuff, not afraid to say things and stick the boot in (especially towards England), OK it's easier for him to say on Canadian TV than it would be on English TV. I think he's certainly worthy of a club team taking a chance on him as manager.

:lol:

Imagine hiring the Canadian women's manager after he sounded canny on the box.

Well he's done well at management, it's not like he's done a good job on FM and and said the right things on TV. He's certainly more deserving of a chance then some of the shithawks the media sound out.

Well he's done well at management, it's not like he's done a good job on FM and and said the right things on TV. He's certainly more deserving of a chance then some of the shithawks the media sound out.

Gary Neville said "smart" things on TV and look what happened to him.

We keep on saying that English mangers and footballers should go abroad to learn their trade and when they do we ignore them. Ok so he hasn't exactly been managing to win the title in a competitive league, but he's doing good steady jobs and shows some sort of promising attributes. People have to start somewhere and there is no need to dismiss him because he's managed the Canadian and New Zealand women's teams. Surely he worth taking a chance on for Championship and lower Premiership sides, other than appointing the likes of Warnock, Sherwood, and Pearson?

Insanity to think someone can jump from a woman's coaching job to a top tier job managing guys. Not that it should be impossible, because sexism is bad and all, but it will not happen in many years yet. It's the equivalent of someone managing Blyth Spartans and saying cool shit on TV being given the Southampton job.

Gary Neville said "smart" things on TV and look what happened to him.

All of it should have been rendered null and void when he grizzed his britches watching Torres score.

Insanity to think someone can jump from a woman's coaching job to a top tier job managing guys. Not that it should be impossible, because sexism is bad and all, but it will not happen in many years yet. It's the equivalent of someone managing Blyth Spartans and saying cool shit on TV being given the Southampton job.

Tbf, it's not like top tier managing job is a bastion for top managers. Carver, McClaren, Kinnear, Pardew...... that's just NUFC. Could scarcely do worse than some managers in top jobs if you tried.

Tbf, we're all whinging about the managerial merry go round in the PL/Championship. Not saying this bloke should be the next Southampton manager obviously, but taking punts on an unkown isn't wrong in itself.

Yeah, but why would they not rather go for someone like Gérard Prêcheur who's won the female Champions League with Lyon rather than a random manager for the female Canadian national team? :lol:

Yeah, but why would they not rather go for someone like Gérard Prêcheur who's won the female Champions League with Lyon rather than a random manager for the female Canadian national team? :lol:

Depends on how good a pundit that bloke is. Kudos if you didn't google that btw :lol: