2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Also, Kaka you must be blind. Uwa is atrocious. He's not actually good going forward, but is always caught up the pitch. I've watched wingers from Namibia and Tahiti take him drink garri within the last week. Taiwo cannot defend well, but at least compensates with crosses and shots.

:lol: :lol: :lol: drink garri.

The guy is a bit too adventurous maybe, but a lot of good attacking play involved him. Defensively both full backs did get caught out a number of times for sure. They need more protection when they bomb on.

I've really enjoyed our performances in this tourney. Still too careless and prone to switching off, but there's a desire and hunger they're playing with that makes me proud.

I have to second you on Omeruo ... Jaysus that boy is already a star. I guarantee you Mourinho will love that boy, don't think he will go out on loan again. Crazy good defender. Locked up Cavani all night.

Obi Mikel just makes everything work as you say, and he loves playing for Naija. He's a great leader, and provides a certain calm that this team benefits greatly from.

I really wonder about all these more established guys being left out. Had they just become that much of a distraction? Would the team look as much of a unit with them all involved? Do they respect Keshi's instructions? Or do they go the age old route of head swelling big manship because of their success abroad and fat pockets. It's a tough one to call.

Dermot Corrigan ‏@dermotmcorrigan 26m

Torres was on Tahiti on honeymoon in 2007. His guide was Efraín Araneda - who was on bench last night. Two men got to catch-up post-game.

They were talking about that yesterday, his 3 international hattricks are against San Marino, New Zealand and Tahiti :lol:

I like that it's a bunch of rubbish surrounded by goals in two consecutive European Cup finals. :lol:Torres will have had an amazingly successful, albeit strange career when he's finished (well he already is finished, but when he's done playing, anyway).

I've really enjoyed our performances in this tourney. Still too careless and prone to switching off, but there's a desire and hunger they're playing with that makes me proud.

I really wonder about all these more established guys being left out. Had they just become that much of a distraction? Would the team look as much of a unit with them all involved? Do they respect Keshi's instructions? Or do they go the age old route of head swelling big manship because of their success abroad and fat pockets. It's a tough one to call.

Sorry in advance for cluttering the forum with this sort of conversation. See I think people lower expectations for the SE to make themselves feel better. We are a country with a population the size of Brazil, with players who may even be more athletic, and an entire populace totally focused on and in love with football. Everyone is impressed that we won the Cup of Nations. I am not. We are the greatest nation on the continent. Why should it surprise that we have beaten inferior nations like Cote D'Ivoire, Ethiopia, and Burkina Faso. Uruguay is nothing special and we lost because we were undisciplined, lacked in concentration, and had no quality in the forwards. There is work to be done.

If the only players Keshi can get to follow his instructions are the likes of Gambo, Ogude, Babatunde, and Ujah, then that is a problem that needs to be addressed. To me it is not an amazing feat to win the ACN with Nigeria, we've been in the semifinals or further 6 times since 2000. In my lifetime we've only missed them one time in tournaments we went to/qualified for. It doesn't make Keshi the master of all things and our aspirations need to be higher.

Bro we definitely gats issues, that's for sure.

I'm just so used to being let down for so long, that just seeing a team actually looking like they cared is refreshing.

You are right though, we should be much further along, and it's really quite tragic.

Guest neesy111

2 games on at the same time tonight. Same tomorrow  :hmm:

Well that is what usually happens at end of a group.

2 games on at the same time tonight. Same tomorrow  :hmm:

Well that is what usually happens at end of a group.

As always, I'd rather the competition was open for blatant manipulation than miss games. It'd make the game even more fun.

They were talking about that yesterday, his 3 international hattricks are against San Marino, New Zealand and Tahiti :lol:

I like that it's a bunch of rubbish surrounded by goals in two consecutive European Cup finals. :lol:Torres will have had an amazingly successful, albeit strange career when he's finished (well he already is finished, but when he's done playing, anyway).

Everyone is impressed that we won the Cup of Nations. I am not. We are the greatest nation on the continent. Why should it surprise that we have beaten inferior nations like Cote D'Ivoire, Ethiopia, and Burkina Faso.

These few sentences made me :lol:

Paulinho out injured for today, Hernanes to replace him. In a way I think this might be better for the midfield, starting to think Hernanes style is better adapted to this team with his creativeness and calmness on the ball.

Brazil v Italy

Julio Cesar, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz e Marcelo; Luiz Gustavo, Hernanes e Oscar; Hulk, Neymar e Fred

Buffon, Abate, Bonucci, Chiellini e De Sciglio; Montolivo, Aquilani, Candreva, Marchisio e Diamanti; Balotelli

I know it's necessary but I hate when they play both games at the same time.. Can't watch both.  :huff:

:lol: Going with Japan Mexico, I think.

The way Japan is playing I'd like to see them again, but it's hard to turn down Italy - Brazil.. WHich one is Darke commentating, that could decide it  :lol:

Japan v Mexico

Kawashima, Hiroki Sakai, Konno, Kurihara e Nagatomo; Endo ©, Hosogai, Kagawa, Honda; Maeda, Okazaki.

Ochoa, Mier, Reyes, Moreno e Torres; Torrado ©, Guardado, Zavala, Giovani dos Santos; Chicharito Hernández, Jimenez

I know it's necessary but I hate when they play both games at the same time.. Can't watch both.  :huff:

:lol: Going with Japan Mexico, I think.

The way Japan is playing I'd like to see them again, but it's hard to turn down Italy - Brazil.. WHich one is Darke commentating, that could decide it  :lol:

:lol: You know which one he's going to talk about Manchester United at.

Univision showing Mexico, if you could believe it.

Japan v Mexico

Kawashima, Hiroki Sakai, Konno, Kurihara e Nagatomo; Endo ©, Hosogai, Kagawa, Honda; Maeda, Okazaki.

Ochoa, Mier, Reyes, Moreno e Torres; Torrado ©, Guardado, Zavala, Giovani dos Santos; Chicharito Hernández, Jimenez

:lol: Look at Flip pretend to give a fuck about the Japan Mexico game. :aww: