RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Every top club in the land has got one (DoF). We haven’t – that’s the difference. The manager can’t do everything."

“I’m probably the only football manager to be a director of football."

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have. I’ve been a manager for 35 years. I’ve been Manager of the Year. I’ve won every award there is in football as a player."

I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.

“Some directors of football have never played the game,”

“I’m lending my experience as a manager for all those years - 10 years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle."

“I would still be there had it (a heart attack) not occurred.”

:facepalm:

Jesus christ, so cringe-worthy. 

No words.  Fuck.

10 years at Wimbledon :anguish:

That's head and shoulders above that bloke City got who worked at Barca.

Guess what. He didn't manage Wimbledon for 10 years. :lol:

Edit: Less than a year at Forest too.

I read the football forum here a whole lot less now he has been placed in charge. There's always something with him, he's going to continue to say stupid things and make this club the butt of everyones jokes for the 3 years and beyond he's going to be here.

Guest Bert Shaft

He must think that if he keeps telling people lies for long enough, that they will start to believe them, (a bit like wot the Nazis did in the late 20's and 30's).  :cheesy:

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have.

He can't be serious, he just can't be  :undecided:

Matthias Sammer, Danny Blind, Johan Cruyff comes to mind. Pretty sure there are more out there.

Sir Bobby had a similar role at Barca iirc.

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have.

He can't be serious, he just can't be  :undecided:

Matthias Sammer, Danny Blind, Johan Cruyff comes to mind. Pretty sure there are more out there.

Sir Bobby had a similar role at Barca iirc.

He's probably had conversations with Leonardo about Cabaye already but just assumed he was a nobody.

Guest neesy111

That chronicle article suggests Kinnear will be meeting the players before Pardew is back.

Not enough :facepalm: for this idea.

Guest bimpy474

Question for me is, why in the fuck is Pardew still on holiday when the players are back. Could his holiday not have been in the last 2 months when there wasn't any football ffs.

Guest Roger Kint

Question for me is, why in the fuck is Pardew still on holiday when the players are back. Could his holiday not have been in the last 2 months when there wasn't any football ffs.

He is back for their first day training on Friday. Unless the jokes on here about Doctor Pardew are true his input to general health checks wont help anyone :lol:

Guest bimpy474

He is back for their first day training on Friday. Unless the jokes on here about Doctor Pardew are true his input to general health checks wont help anyone :lol:

If he's back the same time as the players fair enough, if he's back after them, just imo i think that's wrong. He should be there before the players are imo.