Sunderland

Nobody

Unless Sunderland pull of a remarkable turnaround between now and mid-end of January then they are going to go into both legs right in the middle of a relegation battle and playing teams that are around them in the league.

There is no way they have the fitness and quality to to maintain full strength for both the league and the cup in these circumstances, the cup will come second in such a scenario. Also you have to factor in that it's possible that they could be trundling along in the FA Cup with the possibilities of replays.

Guest firetotheworks

They'd have to do something pretty fucking special to beat Man Utd with the 2nd leg at Old Trafford. It just seems totally unimaginable.

They have beat Chelsea so fair enough and Man Utd haven't been great this season, however this 'shit' Man Utd have still gained 16 more points than Sunderland this season after 16 games. They have also scored 13 more goals and conceded 11 less.

The league cup has history of small clubs beating bigger clubs who have played weakened sides, indeed the macums beat teams in the last two rounds who played shadow sides, but it would be a huge surprise if a team as bad as Sunderland beat even an "ordinary" Man U over the two legs.

Apparently someone from Stoke was nasty about them, so they abandoned their 'please love us' shtick, and really went for it...with a massive lack of self awareness:

They still are a shit, meaningless tinpot club. Back to making up the numbers in the Championship within 5 years and crowds of sub 15k. Clowns.

They were one of the little shit clubs that get promoted and get a season of glory fans showing up, making a bit of noise.  A few seasons later, back to fuck all once the shine of the prem wears off.

Stoke City attendance average 07/08 (Championship) 16k.

Average attendance 08/09 (Premier League) 26k.

Hmmm.

Anyone living in that shithole must be deluded whether or not they bother with the local hoofball

Do these quotes remind you of anyone?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/our-stokie-friends.849648/

The f***ers better not get to the final, you never know with Man Utd this season, but I doubt they could beat them over two legs surely!

I would rather not get to a final than lose one, for them to lose one and get relegated in the same season would just be greed on our part.

If they were to get to the final (horrific thought that is), and had Man City in the final, fair enough City would probably tonk them 7-1. But with City surely in the Champions League via league place, would the scums get to Europe as runners-up or would they open up an extra place in the league for qualification?

Extra league place. Losing League Cup finalists get f*** all.

so basically they need to win the whole bloody thing and beating both Manchester clubs or get nothing at all???

:yao:

I ain't wanting Big Fat Sam to win it either.

Can't see Moyes playing a weakened side in a League Cup semi. It is by no means nailed on that they will even get 5th place, and Man Utd having a season without European football is unthinkable (for them anyway). They must see the League Cup as a fall back route into Europe, and a chance to beat City in the final as well to save a bit of face. Here's hoping anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

Extra league place. Losing League Cup finalists get fuck all.

mackems go down and lose in the final to City(by their top scorer OG like 85) while we claim the extra Euro place. Perfect scenario for us?

Apparently someone from Stoke was nasty about them,

Was still our fault though:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/223784/bloody-sunderland-empty

According to most on there we come across as very deluded, is this true or have they simply mixed us up with the Barcelona of the north?

Stoke fans call them on their shite: Blame the mags marra, it woz them, norruz lyk  :frantic:

The f***ers better not get to the final, you never know with Man Utd this season, but I doubt they could beat them over two legs surely!

I would rather not get to a final than lose one, for them to lose one and get relegated in the same season would just be greed on our part.

Nah, them being knocked out by Man U is perfect, don't even want the cunts to get a day at Wembley.

Nah, them being knocked out by Man U is perfect, don't even want the c***s to get a day at Wembley.

It's exactly the kind of thing they'd try to hold over us too in some sort of 'wembley-defeat-one-upmanship' way.

'We've been to the new Wembley, haven't ever seen many mags there.'

Don't believe me? wait until they get to the play-off final next season!