Sunderland

Nobody

Obviously he knows more about them than I do, but I disagree with a lot of that. Find it staggering how they don't want him gone, every time I've seen them lately they park the (Gus) bus, it must be horrible to be a fan of them. It's not like he hasn't had any money to spend either, signed plenty of players , most who seem to be a bit gash.

He signed Buckley, Bridcutt, Van Aanholt for a combined circa £7m. The rest of his signings have been on frees or loans. Two of them look OK. Buckley is pretty gash. To say he's spent money is bollocks. In comparison to the rest of the league, probably Burnley aside he's had next to nothing. I'm not saying he's not making mistakes, and the football is pretty dire, without him we'd be down by now though.

Forgot about Rodwell... Probably because he's never fit.

Poyet out

Scocco as well for around £3-4m

Wasn't he a loan?

There's a video here as well:

Reminds me of:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/8260563fb99232dc5c68259b1f1f708d/tumblr_n7itgk4gTx1sodqyso1_500.gif

that video :lol: :lol:

scruffy b******s.

f***ing video has me in tears :lol:

Aint that from American Beauty ??

Reminds me of:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/8260563fb99232dc5c68259b1f1f708d/tumblr_n7itgk4gTx1sodqyso1_500.gif

scruffy b******s.

Did you follow the Twitter link?

Reminds me of:

scruffy b******s.

Did you follow the Twitter link?

Nah aint on twatter, and not read back the thread yet

Just seen it  :iamatwat: :iamatwat:

Is this the mackems 4th straight relegation battle? Their season ticket holders must be stupider than ours.

Aye, it's f**king bleak. Only our annual highlighting of Pardew's inept tactical nous has kept us going. We don't even have that now  :'(

Yep, and without his inept tactical nous you would have been relegated.

North East football is so fucking awful right now, the highlight has been Blyth Spartans almost beating Birmingham. For the three big clubs in the area, one of them is just existing as an advertising hoarding for it's owner, another is perennially fighting to stay in the league with dull unimaginative "try not to lose" tactics. The third has been in the wasteland of the championship long enough to have been forgotten about by the majority of football fans.

The people in the area deserve better than what we are served up, a lot better.

North East football is so fucking awful right now, the highlight has been Blyth Spartans almost beating Birmingham. For the three big clubs in the area, one of them is just existing as an advertising hoarding for it's owner, another is perennially fighting to stay in the league with dull unimaginative "try not to lose" tactics. The third has been in the wasteland of the championship long enough to have been forgotten about by the majority of football fans.

The people in the area deserve better than what we are served up, a lot better.

But only the Boro fans don't bother turning up! As long as NUFC and Scumderland keeping getting good attendances, nothing will change.

Has the rivalry ever been as intense with Boro' as it is with Sunderland? I can't really remember everyone's attitude towards them when they were last a threat.

All from their side as we are the closest thing they have to a derby. Some good games in the past though - Asprilla's debut was class.

Personally, I rate a match v the smoggies ahead of most fixtures but way behind the mackems derby and games against Man United, Liverpool and, latterly, Chelsea. Rivalry seemed to pick up a bit when they actually spent a bit of time in the PL.

Like sempuki has said, generally good memories - Asprilla, 4-1 away under Sir Bobby, even the 3-1 in the relegation season felt pretty good at the time. I also have a close mate who is a Boro fan so it might be I rate the game higher than average, though.

I always wind my boro supporting mate up by saying I like to see them do well

Yep, been really easy to do the last few years as the most they've ever seemed to string together is two or three wins :lol:

They're better this season, mind - though I'm not sure they'll come up automatically. The others - Derby, Ipswich, Bournemouth - score more goals.