Sunderland

Nobody

Man City fan at work doesn't seem confident of hammering the mackems at the weekend. Not sure why.

1. Mackems won at home during the week (albeit against a weakened Southampton)

2. City have lost their last three league visits there

3. City have a poor away record in the league this season (Defeats to Cardiff, Villa and Chelsea, and a 0-0 at Stoke)

Still think they'll kill them to death though, having scored 12 goals in two games in the past week.

Some top notch bitterness from MON in the Guardian today:

"[Paolo] Di Canio was allowed to bring in 15 new players at a time and then didn't last six games into this season. Since I left [in March], Sunderland have won three Premier League games. Di Canio, coming in, disparaging about everything, won two of 11 games. They've taken 12 points from a possible 51 since my time.

"I wouldn't have minded the opportunity to be signing 15 players. Nothing is certain in this game but my record in management over 20 years would suggest that we would have got the five points needed to stay up."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/08/martin-oneill-roy-keane-republic-ireland

Read an interview with Di Canio on the FourFourTwo website the other day dating back to December 2006.

What will you do when you finally retire?

Trevor Maw, via e-mail

I’ll probably be a manager or help the kids in some way. I’ll be a good manager. If I find a player like Di Canio, who arrives early, tries to integrate rather than disrupt, likes to train hard, thinks of the team rather than himself, and accepts that I give the orders, we wouldn’t collide, because I like players with character. Give me 11 Di Canios and I’ll be a happy manager!

:lol:

Some top notch bitterness from MON in the Guardian today:

"[Paolo] Di Canio was allowed to bring in 15 new players at a time and then didn't last six games into this season. Since I left [in March], Sunderland have won three Premier League games. Di Canio, coming in, disparaging about everything, won two of 11 games. They've taken 12 points from a possible 51 since my time.

"I wouldn't have minded the opportunity to be signing 15 players. Nothing is certain in this game but my record in management over 20 years would suggest that we would have got the five points needed to stay up."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/08/martin-oneill-roy-keane-republic-ireland

6 from us, that's all that matters.

Agree with MON, like. He was the best they could ever hope for, similar to Fulham now wanting Jol out, they aren't going to upgrade on him.

They could have Pardew. That would be an upgrade. Right?