Sunderland

Nobody

:lol: :lol: I've had some bite's on Facebook about it from them, they're really not happy about it. Who the f***s gonna play at their shithole if the opportunity of a gig in Newcastle is there?

even those playing there will still probably stop in or around Newcastle. wont come to a choice anyway as there'll probably be one or two concerts per summer at each place.

Its the classic Kubler-Ross model of grievance...

Anger...

they've been pissing there knickers ever since we started hosting them - can't see us do owt

Fear....

Bad news for us if a promoter had picked Newcastle

Denial...

You can't hold the gigs with the massive stage productions due to access at SJP, so the take that's etc of this world can't play there.

Bullshit...

The SOL is a better venue...It's a down step from playing in Sunderland without any doubt.

Acceptance...

Oh. Scratch that last one. Forgot who we were dealing with.

:lol:

class this...

mackem 1: You can't hold the gigs with the massive stage productions due to access at SJP, so the take that's etc of this world can't play there.

Mackem 2: fucking hell they have had, dylan, queen, the stones,springststeen,bryan adams,rod stewart, how can they be playing catch up

Fair play.  He's getting a bit stick like.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/kings-of-leon.847224/page-2

no big stage productions ffs :lol:

Can they just call themselves Shelbyville AFC and get it over with?

eh ? I thought the joke with shelbyville was that they were basically the same as springfield but neither could admit it.

I think they're the same, except Shelbyville was founded on the principle that you could marry your cousin. So it kinda works.

Its the classic Kubler-Ross model of grievance...

Anger...

they've been pissing there knickers ever since we started hosting them - can't see us do owt

Fear....

Bad news for us if a promoter had picked Newcastle

Denial...

You can't hold the gigs with the massive stage productions due to access at SJP, so the take that's etc of this world can't play there.

Bullshit...

The SOL is a better venue...It's a down step from playing in Sunderland without any doubt.

Acceptance...

Oh. Scratch that last one. Forgot who we were dealing with.

:lol: :lol:

I remember when we got relegated as soon as the fixtures came out 'A Love Supreme' made t-shirts detailing some of the more embarrassing dates i.e Newcastle United vs Peterborough.

Of course, actions like the above met with realities of an easy promotion & a 5-1 defeat etc certainly contribute to the modern mackem psychology.

Of being a f***ing idiot. 

We've still not sunk to the depths of the 3rd tier in our history,  as they did in the 80s.

Wey've got One Direcshun marras  :lol:

What were the old gigs at SJP like? I heard bad things about the Hot Rod one.

Bowie, 1987, at Roker Park Marra...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILzrb5iU0lc

"Thank you, good evening Newcastle...."

That's the only time I've ever been to Joker Park when we weren't playing them (edit, that's not true I was at the relegation game v Gillingham), I can only guess a lot of the crowd were from Newcastle as a lot of us cheered when he said that.  A few mackems were booing which was probably a natural reaction when they attended the place.