Sunderland

Nobody

Fairly large transfer fee and a 5 year deal for a player who's had about 10 hours of football in the last 2 years is canny mental. Hell of a risk.

Reminds me somewhat of Kinnear's late January bid of £8m for Michael Johnson in 2008/09. Imagine how that would have turned out. :lol:

Fairly large transfer fee and a 5 year deal for a player who's had about 10 hours of football in the last 2 years is canny mental. Hell of a risk.

Reminds me somewhat of Kinnear's late January bid of £8m for Michael Johnson in 2008/09. Imagine how that would have turned out. :lol:

Whose the midfielder Kinnear tried to sign from ManCity for us, when he was manager, the nutter. Michael Johnson was it? Imagine if that went through? That guy ended up in a right state, doesn't even play anymore I don't think.

Zero for originality. Disgraceful.

Remember when they bought that N'Diaye and he was supposedly going to deal with Tiote. That man saw the pitch one time, and they put him in cold storage straight after. Shocking player.

Guest firetotheworks

Our CM is nowt without Cabaye tbh, we're much weaker on the whole than this time last year, so if Rodwell stays fit it's a possibility.

Our CM is nowt without Cabaye tbh, we're much weaker on the whole than this time last year, so if Rodwell stays fit it's a possibility.

As long as we play Anita we'll be fine, but I'm not sure this will happen. Anita will get open to receive the ball, and will play decent balls forward to De Jong and the wingers, which is what we need to happen because we have quality in those positions now. If we go the Colback and Tiote route it won't flow as well, but I still think it will be okay against most teams.

Guest ElCid

As long as we play Anita we'll be fine, but I'm not sure this will happen. Anita will get open to receive the ball, and will play decent balls forward to De Jong and the wingers, which is what we need to happen because we have quality in those positions now. If we go the Colback and Tiote route it won't flow as well, but I still think it will be okay against most teams.

He didn't do it last season though and although he would certainly be ahead of Colback (as would anyone) I think I would have Tiote or Sissoko as a physical presence alongside a new play-maker. Anita although not a bad player but just does not dominate the midfield. We need to replace Cabaye with a player who will create and chip in with goals.

Would have been happy with us going in for him, but 10m? No chance, Man City must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Couldn't care less about the price, it's just if we were to buy a CM it has to be of the right quality and style.

We have loads of midfielders but lack the Cabaye type CM who can open teams directly or by putting the likes of De Jong and Cabella in to do so.

Rodwell isn't that guy IMO.

Played 109 minutes last season. :lol:

There's potentially a good player in there, or at least there was. I'd say £10m's at least double what he's worth though, City only paid £2m more when we was the 'next big thing' out of Everton. Since then he's achieved/contributed about as much as I have as a Premier League player.

Darren Campbell(ex sprinter) was working with him last season just said he thinks getting him fit will be a massive challenge. Doesnt sound like he has much faith in him playing regular football at all.

According to a couple of City fans I follow on Twitter, unusually he is still growing which isn't helping him.

Lifted from Facebook  :lol:

'So great news about us signing the classy thoroughbred Jack Rodwell, I cant wait until he is on the pitch in the derby when the thoroughbred Jack glides past the carthorse Jack like he isn't there to set up another derby win for the mighty black cats!!! He only has to worry about being horse punched!!! but he should be ok on that score he will have Catters the protector alongside him lol/GR'

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/does-anybody-hate-the-mags.948767/page-3

Post #50

I am ridiculous in my hatred for them. Fair enough when I was young and daft, I suppose I had an excuse then, but now, in my 50's, I hate the bastards more than ever.

Used to work with one, the most obnoxious twat you could ever meet. If they won and we lost, I couldn't sleep on a Sunday night for thinking about the next day at work. Used to wake up at 3.am in a cold sweat, just seeing his face laughing at all things Sunderland. Nearly lost my job through him, not once, but twice.

Luckily he was sacked before I had the chance to snap a 3rd time.

Ha ha! :D

All out in force today, we sign 9 players and very little is said apart from welcomes, they spend £10m on a huge gamble and they are all giving it the big I am wanting to have a go at us.

Sunderland don't do spending big money well, it's a curse to them when they've got it, why should this be any different?

Guest Howaythetoon

Rodwell is no better than Henderson, at least the latter has actually done something and has progressed a bit. Rodwell has barely played the last few years and not only is he made of glass he's also mentally fragile. 10m? Madness of the UK transfer market strikes again.